+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IQAS ECA timeline tracking

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Hello All,

I just got my ECA, but I am a bit confused with the equivalency. Can someone please let me know if my executive MBA has been considered as Masters?

It is stated in the ECA that my Executive MBA is equivalent to 2 years graduate degree program.

Further it is stated that the Masters Degree compares to Executive Masters of Business Administration Degree in Canada.

Any help would be great.
Hi, can you confirm when the last of your documents was delivered to IQAS?

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018
Wow everyone is getting their ECA but i still havent gotten mine.
My last piece of document arrived in IQAS office on 11th June... got AOR 2 on 11th July. No ECA as yet. Geeze...how much longer?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Wow everyone is getting their ECA but i still havent gotten mine.
My last piece of document arrived in IQAS office on 11th June... got AOR 2 on 11th July. No ECA as yet. Geeze...how much longer?
As per their processing time you, its 12 weeks since AO2. So you still have another 3 weeks to go

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018
If
As per their processing time you, its 12 weeks since AO2. So you still have another 3 weeks to go

If my memory serves me right, it's 12-13 weeks after the day my last piece of document arrives at IQAS. I called, they still have not yet completed the ECA. It is with a case officer.

Reactions: JayMo

AleciaBoo

Mar 31, 2018

Dear i called IQAS...my ECA has been completed. There was a delay in sending out emails.
I was informed by an agent that "12 WEEKS STARTS THE DATE THE LAST ACADEMIC DOCUMENT ARRIVES AT THE OFFICE".

Reactions: JayMo

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello, my sister-in-law got this message for her EE application.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class. In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to process your application, we will need to review and verify your Education Credential Assessment (ECA) evaluation report by using International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)’s online service. To date, we have not been able to verify your report. IQAS has indicated that you did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website, and therefore they are unable to release any information to our office. In order to allow IRCC to process your application for permanent residence, please contact IQAS as soon as possible to request that your ECA report be made available to us. Please be advised that you may need to order a duplicate report and select CIC as a recipient of your IQAS evaluation report. NOTE: The above information/documents must be received and our office must be able to review the report within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected. Thank you for your interest in Canada

Can anyone please decipher this? My understanding is that, if you apply for IQAS this can be used for express entry as well - says on their website:

• is valid for Express Entry for five years
  • can be used for immigration to any province/territory in Canada
  • does not mean that your credentials are automatically recognized for licensure in Canada
  • does not guarantee a job or successful immigration application; but, if you are successful with your immigration application, this assessment may also be used when applying for jobs
Would she have to re-apply a new one?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dear i called IQAS...my ECA has been completed. There was a delay in sending out emails.
I was informed by an agent that "12 WEEKS STARTS THE DATE THE LAST ACADEMIC DOCUMENT ARRIVES AT THE OFFICE".
So 12 weeks is not from the AOR2 but the the day last documents reach office? I thought AOR2 means they have received your last set of documents

Tanu D

May 19, 2018
Yes, it's SMU-DE.

By the way, what happened in your case, can you please elaborate?
I sent my graduation transcripts myself. They got evaluated but the SMU transcripts were sent directly by the uni. The ECA result does not include any reference to my MBA from SMU.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I sent my graduation transcripts myself. They got evaluated but the SMU transcripts were sent directly by the uni. The ECA result does not include any reference to my MBA from SMU.
So, I believe your SMU transcripts were misplaced by IQAS and they didnt include it in your ECA report.

JayMo

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I was beginning to wonder because I have followed the thread closely and most people receive their ECA 12 weeks after the last of their documents were delivered to IQAS.

Ruchi@24

Aug 2, 2018
Hi, please help me with the procedure for ECA by IQAS. Wants to send my PGDBM (MBA) FOR evaluation. As I have done before through Wes and they didn't give an equivalence as masters. I have done B. E. (Mechanical). Little confuse about IQAS procedure.

nick03

Jul 16, 2018
I'm sending all my documents in one package on October 1st. So that means if it reaches IQAS by 5th. So 12 weeks starts from 5th of October?

This sounds good :)
You can then expect to get your report by Dec end or Jan 1st to 2nd week..

Dec end if they want to close all documents before Christmas or else will get further delayed.. Best of Luck

Reactions: SithLord