Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
actually SMU sent directly and was fast...but PTU sent it slowly thru registered post...
Then wait for the final report. Try talking to IQAS customer representatives. Katherine answers all queries pretty well.

Reactions: desmat

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Finally got some reply after multiple follow-ups through email and call..... So I believe I can take this email as AOR on 12th March as I never received any mail other email and definitely not missed not even in spam box .....

Thank you for your inquiry to IQAS regarding your ECA application.

If you are able to track delivery of your mail and have a confirmation from a courier that your package was delivered to the IQAS office, it is most likely here in line for processing and recording it in our system. IQAS sent you a commencement letter on March 12, 2018. That means your application has been in the queue for assessment since then. We are experiencing higher than normal application volumes and appreciate your patience while we process your assessment.

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
Me too, SMU-DE :p

I sent my wife's documents to WES after a month my documents were delivered to IQAS. I got wes ECA today where iqas I am still struggling to get AOR after 2 months .

Reactions: desmat

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
Hi, I've gone through some of the queries and replies on the ECA process over here. I'm glad that I found a platform where I can ask my query and can let go off my worries. Since I am new to this entire process and will be starting with it very soon, I want to be sure of one thing. On their (IQAS) website, it is mentioned that transcripts should be send from the university. However, I read it here that required documents (transcripts or photocopies) can be send to IQAS directly. I have transcripts for both my bachelors degree and masters degree with me (sealed and stamped), I also have all the photocopies duly attested from the institute or notary. My query is if I can send all these documents in one package and mail them directly?

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Hi, I've gone through some of the queries and replies on the ECA process over here. I'm glad that I found a platform where I can ask my query and can let go off my worries. Since I am new to this entire process and will be starting with it very soon, I want to be sure of one thing. On their (IQAS) website, it is mentioned that transcripts should be send from the university. However, I read it here that required documents (transcripts or photocopies) can be send to IQAS directly. I have transcripts for both my bachelors degree and masters degree with me (sealed and stamped), I also have all the photocopies duly attested from the institute or notary. My query is if I can send all these documents in one package and mail them directly?
Yes you can. Doesn't matter who sends it.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
yes.. send everything in one big envelope... IQAS forms, ur photocopies and both small envelopes ....
that will be best and you will save time as IQAS otherwise sends confirmation in 1.5 months for delivery and that increases if delivered individually...

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
yes.. send everything in one big envelope... IQAS forms, ur photocopies and both small envelopes ....
that will be best and you will save time as IQAS otherwise sends confirmation in 1.5 months for delivery and that increases if delivered individually...
Thank you, desmat! I'll be doing that right away. :)

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
also.. i hope you chose iqas because your masters is not recognized by WES.... if it is then don't go with IQAS... opt WES as it will be fast..
I chose IQAS because my Bachelors is not recognized by WES. It is from Sikkim Manipal University, DE. However, my masters is from IP University and is recognized from WES.

Also, in case of sending documents on my own, I don't need to send "Request of Academic Records" along with my application. Right?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I chose IQAS because my Bachelors is not recognized by WES. It is from Sikkim Manipal University, DE. However, my masters is from IP University and is recognized from WES.

Also, in case of sending documents on my own, I don't need to send "Request of Academic Records" along with my application. Right?
then you can get only masters evaluated from WES... if it is equivalent to masters in Canada .. check their equivalency tool..... WES will take 1/3rd time than iqas

that form is optional even with directly from university...

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
then you can get only masters evaluated from WES... if it is equivalent to masters in Canada .. check their equivalency tool..... WES will take 1/3rd time than iqas

that form is optional even with directly from university...
I checked for it on WES website. Following was the response:

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Applications
Name of Institution: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Equivalency in Canada: Master's degree

And what about Bachelors degree. Is that not required to be evaluated?

Apologies for asking too many queries but as I'm new so I don't have much idea about it and I only have this platform for guidance.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I checked for it on WES website. Following was the response:

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Applications
Name of Institution: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Equivalency in Canada: Master's degree

And what about Bachelors degree. Is that not required to be evaluated?

Apologies for asking too many queries but as I'm new so I don't have much idea about it and I only have this platform for guidance.
we need only masters to get highest points..... I suggest applying with WES.... find some comments or threads or google if people succesfully got WES ECA for your MCA from GGSIPU ... or but to be on safer side.... apply with IQAS...
again WES will take 1 month after delivery of docs to them.. whereas IQAS takes 2.5 months after delivery of docs to them

so 3 options:
- Apply with WES only if want faster ECA
- Apply with both if money is not concern
- Apply with IQAS if not in hurry

Last edited:

_gkm

Mar 19, 2018
we need only masters to get highest points..... I suggest applying with WES.... find some comments or threads or google if people succesfully got WES ECA for your MCA from GGSIPU ... or but to be on safer side.... apply with IQAS...
again WES will take 1 month after delivery of docs to them.. whereas IQAS takes 2.5 months after delivery of docs to them

so 3 options:
- Apply with WES only if want faster ECA
- Apply with both if money is not concern
- Apply with IQAS if not in hurry
Thank you so much for your valuable response. I decided to apply through WES. I hope that it works well for the speedy process.

shaja2011

Jan 30, 2018
I just emailed IQAS customer service and they replied saying that they are currently processing applications that they received on the week of 15th January 2018.

I just tracked my documents and per courier's website, documents was received by IQAS last 2nd of January 2018. I hope they are processing it right now because the anticipation is really killing me. lol :)

Reactions: sweetsalt