So here is my timeline

FSWO Applying from the USA

-ITA: December 6th 2017
-Application sent online via EE: February 7th 2018
-AOR: February 8th 2018
-MEP: Medical Passed, February 14th 2018
-IP1: February 15th 2018
-IP2: February 16th 2018

I managed to call the CPC-Ottawa Office. After a long wait over the phone, I finally talked to a very nice agent who checked on my application and confirmed that everything is going well. He told me that I pass the "Eligibility" Criterion and they are currently processing my background check. The first step which is "Criminality check" is concluded and I pass. So nothing to worry about. Now, They have to start processing the second step which is "The Security check." I politely asked him when will they start the "security check" process but he couldn't tell me exactly when, he was unable to give a precise date as of when the process will start and end. So I am waiting just like most of you guys. Though it's been exactly 60 days today since my file went to IP2 Stage. I'm level headed and i'm hoping for the best soon. I am growing IMPATIENT tho lol. I don't know how much longer it will take until I get the golden email. Any inputs??? Much appreciated

Last edited:

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hello Folks!
So here is my timeline

I managed to call the CPC-Ottawa Office. After a long wait over the phone, I finally talked to a very nice agent who checked on my application and confirmed that everything is going well. He told me that I pass the "Eligibility" Criterion and they are currently processing my background check. The first step which is "Criminality check" is concluded and I pass. So nothing to worry about. Now, They have to start processing the second step which is "The Security check." I politely asked him when will they start the "security check" process but he couldn't tell me exactly when, he was unable to give a precise date as of when the process will start and end. So I am waiting just like most of you guys. Though it's been exactly 60 days today since my file went to IP2 Stage. I'm level headed and i'm hoping for the best soon. I am growing IMPATIENT tho lol. I don't know how much longer it will take until I get the golden email. Any inputs??? Much appreciated
Hey buddy,That's a great news at least you got to know what is happening with your profile. For most of us, its still grey like a black hole. No Idea why IP2-PPR process has slowed down so much.
Hopefully, We all get our PPR soon. I am equally impatient as anyone else here.
Can you share on which number you were able to connect to the agent?
I wish you all the best.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks!
So here is my timeline

What is the current status of eligibility in your profile? Does it says passed or it says still reviewing eligibility?

Also security is last step before ppr so any moment now you will get email.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Two Weeks ago I started SSF Security Screening Forecaster Google Spreadsheet.

Only within two weeks 184 Applicants from 25-Nationalities have entered their details and got their Predictive PPR Date.

Summary is as under:-

Total SS-Applicants in this list:184

Total Nationalities in List:25

Number of Applicants Who Got PPR: 7(3.80%)

Number of Applicants in Normal Security Screening Processing Time:148 (80.43%)

Number of Applicants Whose Processing Time is Above Average:29 (15.76%)

Number of Applicants Eligible for Filing Mandamus Case As Per SSF Recommendation:14(7.61%)

Click below link to get your Predictive PPR Date.

Security Screening Forecaster- Get Your Approximate PPR Date

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u42_1NYo4tvzzdqoUBrYkKBLkxXfiopb37_84_RrbIc/edit?usp=sharing

Enter your SS date and Nationality and know your approximate PPR date.

If your background checks has taken quite a long time.

then you can try the above SSF model to know your predictive PPR date. Because there is a big chance you are thrown into SS.

Irfan Khan has developed very good model. Try your luck by clicking on below link:-

Click below link to get your Predictive PPR Date.

Security Screening Forecaster- Get Your Approximate PPR Date

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u42_1NYo4tvzzdqoUBrYkKBLkxXfiopb37_84_RrbIc/edit?usp=sharing

vangaski

Apr 14, 2018
Hey buddy,That's a great news at least you got to know what is happening with your profile. For most of us, its still grey like a black hole. No Idea why IP2-PPR process has slowed down so much.
Hopefully, We all get our PPR soon. I am equally impatient as anyone else here.
Can you share on which number you were able to connect to the agent?
I wish you all the best.
So I previously read somewhere that it is almost impossible to speak with an agent over the phone!!! However, I got this phone number from one of the forums (613) 944-4000. I called from the USA and the trick is to dial *67 in front in order to mask the caller ID. If you're wanting to call them from the USA, dial *67(613) 944-4000 and follow the instructions. At the end, to speak with an agent, press 0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakev

vangaski

Apr 14, 2018
What is the current status of eligibility in your profile? Does it says passed or it says still reviewing eligibility?

Also security is last step before ppr so any moment now you will get email.
Although the agent confirmed that I passed the "Eligibility requirements", in my CIC account, it still say :"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." I guess that will change to "pass" as soon as my application is finalized and approved.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although the agent confirmed that I passed the "Eligibility requirements", in my CIC account, it still say :"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." I guess that will change to "pass" as soon as my application is finalized and approved.
Thanks I just wanted to confirm same as I am in same situation.

vangaski

Apr 14, 2018
Thanks I just wanted to confirm same as I am in same situation.
How long will the "Security Check" step last? Isn't it the same with Criminality check?? I read from previous forums that the last step "Security Check" occurs at the LVO and it all depends on when the agent will reopen your file and finalize the application. I hope it will be quick.

Last edited:

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
So I previously read somewhere that it is almost impossible to speak with an agent over the phone!!! However, I got this phone number from one of the forums (613) 944-4000. I called from the USA and the trick is to dial *67 in front in order to mask the caller ID. If you're wanting to call them from the USA, dial *67(613) 944-4000 and follow the instructions. At the end, to speak with an agent, press 0.
I live in India buddy..
Will it work the same way? I dont think so.
Anyway, Let's wait. Hopefully, It comes before you loose all excitement about your plans.

vangaski

Apr 14, 2018
I live in India buddy..
Anyway, Let's wait. Hopefully, It comes before you loose all excitement about your plans.[/QUOTE

Someone please tell me that We will get the golden email this week. I'm growing very IMPATIENT. It's a torture to wait for so long like that.

vangaski

Apr 14, 2018
I live in India buddy..
Anyway, Let's wait. Hopefully, It comes before you loose all excitement about your plans.
Someone please tell me that We will get the golden email this week. I'm growing very IMPATIENT. It's a torture to wait for so long like that.