+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Marlinac

Jan 17, 2019
Does anyone know what they ask in Interview? Also, what is there in pre arrival letter and what to do with that? TIA
Hi

Pre arrival services are free employment and settlement services offered by government of Canada. It is strongly recommended that you register for these before arriving in Canada. Once you register, a dedicated employment counselor will work with you for - resume customizations, job search support and mentoring. You can register at https://www.jvstoronto.org/pre-arrival/canprep/

Marlinac

Jan 17, 2019
Hi, my son received the same pre-arrival invitation a few days ago as well. We live in Ontario, and OHIP is apparently available for people for have applied for PR and are eligible and have not yet been denied. Like most people are saying, if getting this invitation means that my son is eligible for PR, does that mean he can apply for OHIP?
Hi

Your son can apply for OHIP 3 months after landing in Canada, not before that.

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
If it's any consolation, in the pre arrival centre where I work, we help over 200 clients every month, and we've only heard of ONE person who was rejected after getting the pre arrival services letter. So even if it's not impossible, I would say the odds are around 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000.

Congratulations to all who have received the letter! Fingers crossed for all of you :) and if you are moving to Manitoba, please let me know. We are the only pre arrival service specific to Manitoba, and which provides services in French, Spanish and Tagalog in addition to English.
It is indeed helpful. Can u plz help me to know whether they send prearrival letter and eligibility passed letter after reviewing medical results?

chelseam

Star Member
May 20, 2018
If it's any consolation, in the pre arrival centre where I work, we help over 200 clients every month, and we've only heard of ONE person who was rejected after getting the pre arrival services letter. So even if it's not impossible, I would say the odds are around 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000.

Congratulations to all who have received the letter! Fingers crossed for all of you :) and if you are moving to Manitoba, please let me know. We are the only pre arrival service specific to Manitoba, and which provides services in French, Spanish and Tagalog in addition to English.
Hi, I know this post and comment are a year old, but I wanted to say I really appreciate your info! Several years ago my husband's visa was refused and I was completely devastated. I was counting on raising our kids in my home country. Well, here were are, having applied again, and I've just received a "pre-arrival services" letter. I'm about to scream and cry of joy but I'm so scared to. His background check should pass with no issues, so is it safe to say he will receive the visa?

Sreeh1989

Mar 14, 2018
the invitation just means your PA has passed eligibility, a good sign, but still not a guarantee of approval

your app can still be denied based on the background checks
Hi,

My wife received the same thing-- Invitation to pre-arrival services.
My question is --- My wife got to Canada on Visitor's visa few weeks ago. Since she got this invitation can she stay back here till the rest of the process is done?

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
For me just waiting for my passport with visa stamp, I am sharing my timeline below.

Application received by CIC : June 27, 2017
Medical passed: August 19, 2017
Invitation to Pre arrival services: June 2, 2018
PPR: June 8, 2018
ADVO passport received: June 14, 2018

Now just waiting for my passport with Visa and COPR.. Praying it will release next week because my flight is on July 20, 2018.
Hi how many days did you wait to received your passport with visa stamp and COPR after submitting it? Thanks

A0336

Mar 17, 2019
I m done with the interview yesterday and immigration officer said i passed your eligiblity and soon will start background check...now what is the next step?

Reactions: Best4best

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
I m done with the interview yesterday and immigration officer said i passed your eligiblity and soon will start background check...now what is the next step?
Congratulations! What are your questions and how long does the interview last? Where is your visa office

DreamB0yDani

Jul 11, 2016
I received pre-arrival mail few days back. Yet to receive MR.

Should I consider receiving pre-arrival before MR good sign?

Bha2019

Mar 30, 2019
Hi,

I have received Pri Arrival on March 2nd and i am still waiting for passport request. My application type is sponsorship spouse. How long it can take?
We have applied in the month of July 2018.

subsahara2000

Jun 13, 2019
Hi permafrost. You seem to be the go-to-person on this forum. You are so well informed and positive. We all need that cos we are mostly dieing of anxiety. Im on the mpnp to MB and got my medical request since April 1,2019. I did the medical with my wife on April 16, which have been received by IRCC according to ecas. I've read severally that medical requests+pre-arrival services letters are signs that one has passed eligibility & ppr is just a matter of time. Do you batter based on your experience? I trust every of yiurcword permafrost.

subsahara2000

Jun 13, 2019
For most cases, it does mean that you are eligible but they just need to finish doing the background check or something. At our pre-arrival centre we have helped almost 1,000 future PRs and I have only seen ONE case where they did not get PR after having received the pre-arrival letter. It was because IRCC found out they had not disclosed information regarding the place of residence of the spouse.

There's also the issue of the changes in the medical eligibility criteria. I read on another forum that someone spoke to an IRCC agent and he (or she) confirmed that the changes implied delays in the processing of a large proportion of applications.

I have seen a flood of PPRs among the people I help, so I'm assuming most people who were delayed will receive theirs in the near future.
You are a star permafrost...a superstar. We love your real life examples and analyses. You give us soooooooo much hope. We love you!!! Cantvwait to meet up with you cos im coming to Winnipeg on MPNP and according to IRCC completion time, they will finalize my case by end of September 2019.

SAAEA

Jun 4, 2019
Iran
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
AOR Received.
12-03-2019
File Transfer...
18-10-2019
Med's Request
10-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Hi there
We received a Pre-arrival service letter today. We did biometrics about two months ago. but still, we didn't do a medical check.
I thought usually this letter issued after medical check.
what the meaning of this letter now?

Reactions: lion.com