+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services

frandoe

Oct 17, 2018
I finally got my ready for visa yesterday, I applied through the Quebec skilled worker program from inside Canada. For everyone else's reference timeline is below:

Application received by CIC March 22, 2017
Paid additional permanent residence fee Sep 15, 2017
Medical done in Dec 2017, passed
Invitation to prearrival services Feb 17, 2018
Ready for visa: July 3, 2018

I'm an Iranian graduate and I know there were some concerns that our applications were being delayed but that hasn't turned out to be the case. The current delay is about 16months and mine was done in just over 15 months.
Thank you for the timeline, I applied on July, 2017 and still waiting :( . Hopefully, I'll get some answer soon. The wait becomes very long, and the lack of update in the status of the application doesn't help.

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Yes In this stage I saw security is done they extended my medical and they finalize criminality checks so pre arrival is good sign all who got it recive soon PPR
Hey,
Do you happen to know what they check in your application before your application gets approved? I guess it is just after this eligibility approval that we receive the pre-arrival letter, right?

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
If it's any consolation, in the pre arrival centre where I work, we help over 200 clients every month, and we've only heard of ONE person who was rejected after getting the pre arrival services letter. So even if it's not impossible, I would say the odds are around 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000.

Congratulations to all who have received the letter! Fingers crossed for all of you :) and if you are moving to Manitoba, please let me know. We are the only pre arrival service specific to Manitoba, and which provides services in French, Spanish and Tagalog in addition to English.
Hey,
We are coming to Manitoba. Give me your info. Our status is BGC ongoing right now.

vsamin65

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Our file is showing IN PROCESS what it means any idea about that
AOR in September 2018 but no movement for PGP program 2018

gr8nil.pr

Mar 21, 2017
Does anyone know what they ask in Interview? Also, what is there in pre arrival letter and what to do with that? TIA

AVKASH PATEL

Sep 4, 2018
hi

i also received pre-arrival invitation on 10th oct 2018. but due to my wife's re medical my application not processed. on 24th dec 2018 my medical result shown passed on gckey account. so please guide what can we do next ? and how long we wait for visa?