+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
If it's any consolation, in the pre arrival centre where I work, we help over 200 clients every month, and we've only heard of ONE person who was rejected after getting the pre arrival services letter. So even if it's not impossible, I would say the odds are around 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000.

Congratulations to all who have received the letter! Fingers crossed for all of you :) and if you are moving to Manitoba, please let me know. We are the only pre arrival service specific to Manitoba, and which provides services in French, Spanish and Tagalog in addition to English.
i received pre arrival services letter more than 2 months ago and 1 week after my interview but still nothing. last week i asked them for an update they said its in queue for further review. i dont know if its accepted so what is further review?

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
i received pre arrival services letter more than 2 months ago and 1 week after my interview but still nothing. last week i asked them for an update they said its in queue for further review. i dont know if its accepted so what is further review?
Wow @Mariooo 2 months seems very long :(

So you had your interview as well? Did they ask questions about your relationship? Do you know if you passed it?

I wonder if your application is still stuck in the “background check”? What is your timeline?

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Wow @Mariooo 2 months seems very long :(

So you had your interview as well? Did they ask questions about your relationship? Do you know if you passed it?

I wonder if your application is still stuck in the “background check”? What is your timeline?
interview was ok. every thing was ok. they took my passport in interview day because i live far from embassy. and 1 week after interview i received pre arrival services letter. i was told in interview day that they need to do my background check but i dont know if its done now. i dont know how lond does it take this bgck.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
interview was ok. every thing was ok. they took my passport in interview day because i live far from embassy. and 1 week after interview i received pre arrival services letter. i was told in interview day that they need to do my background check but i dont know if its done now. i dont know how lond does it take this bgck.
Hi @Mariooo it looks like they left the background check as the last step and completed your interview first. Most people get stuck in that step for 2-3 months (maybe longer). But from your application, it sounds like they completed everything else prior to doing the background check. I hope you will hear from them soon.

I think I remember seeing in the forums that you mentioned your application is not a spousal sponsership. If your applying through a different category it might take longer than the spousal cases.

Good luck to you - and keep us updated here.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
That is very unusual :( I don't know what would be there for them to review. The one client that had that happen to her, they were coming from one country but her husband worked in another one, and they had provided the wife's address as both the residential and postal address, whereas he should have provided hers as postal address and his work country one as residential address. I have no idea of why they didn't notice this until the very end, but they (and we) are still waiting to see what happens, it's been at least 4 months since the pre-arrival services letter but they have had communications from IRCC in the meanwhile.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
@permafrost_can thank you so much for posting this! Honestly, that letter is both exciting and confusing at the same time :)

By any chance do you know the ballpark timeline of people who recieve the letter - to when they actually arrive?

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this (it helps calm nerves thats for sure!) Hopefully other readers will find this useful too.

Thanks again :)
Most of our pre-arrival services clients get PPR between one week and one month after getting the letter inviting them to avail of our services. And then they receive a visa with a specific validity (usually 6 months), so at that moment they decide when to land. Some leave immediately after getting the visa, some take a few months to sell their house or car, quit at work, etc.

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Most of our pre-arrival services clients get PPR between one week and one month after getting the letter inviting them to avail of our services. And then they receive a visa with a specific validity (usually 6 months), so at that moment they decide when to land. Some leave immediately after getting the visa, some take a few months to sell their house or car, quit at work, etc.
Me too still waiting since 26 October 2017 after this letter , I found out they extended my medical until 8 Nov 2018 and last communication was December that they waiting background checks results even notes show my security cleared only info sharing in progress which expired Feb 2017 and criminality not started in November notes which I assume not updated as security is done already

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hello @permafrost_can - that's such great news. Thank you for sharing your experience (especially hearing from someone who helps those who get the letter!) In your experience, are most of the people who receive the letters spousal sponsorship applications - or does it vary? Or I suppose, the better question is, does the time line vary based on the immigration type?

We got the letter on Jan. 9th - so I'm hoping for some movement in the next few weeks :)

Will keep everyone posted - as I know many people read these forums and it truly helps them feel better about their application.

Thanks again :)

alibra22

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Received my GCMS notes and it states my Invitation to pre-arrival services letter was cancelled? anyone ever see this?

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hi @alibra22

Can you give us some more information? Timeline?

What kind of application was yours? Spousal?
And did you ever receive the letter in the first place?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi @alibra22

Can you give us some more information? Timeline?

What kind of application was yours? Spousal?
And did you ever receive the letter in the first place?
He filed spousal sponsorship, and I believe he is a US citizen. I didn't find any US applicants stated that they got this letter. I didn't get it, and my case has been approved, and received PPR as well. So, it might get cancelled, because he is a US applicant., just my 2 cents.

Reactions: canuser

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
He filed spousal sponsorship, and I believe he is a US citizen. I didn't find any US applicants stated that they got this letter. I didn't get it, and my case has been approved, and received PPR as well. So, it might get cancelled, because he is a US applicant., just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your response :)

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I've applied on March 14, 2017 and after medical passed my background check went in process Nov 6 and to this day its still in process...My question is does everyone applying under family sponsorship HAS to receive this pre arrival letter?

Ab80s

Dec 9, 2017
I've applied on March 14, 2017 and after medical passed my background check went in process Nov 6 and to this day its still in process...My question is does everyone applying under family sponsorship HAS to receive this pre arrival letter?
Not sure but, I am sponsoring my 2 year old son. We applied for him July 2017, and received the prearrival letter December 7, 2017. Since he is a dependent child, there is no background check. He passed his medical exams a while back, But we haven't heard from CIC since then....
I can only imagine that it was the Holidays that is making the process so slow....

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
No, I didn't receive such a letter, and my case was approved and PPR was received on Feb.01,2018.