+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Ab80s

Dec 9, 2017
Is there any truth to this? Because I would like to get my wife to apply for OHIP in that case.
Hi I ended up calling Service Ontario to confirm. They said that the letter for prearrival is not enough. Only until I get a letter saying that my son is eligible to PR. They told me to call them back if I get a letter like that so they can check if that's on their list of documents that will allow me to apply for his OHIP.

They also said that once I do apply, there will still be a 3 month waiting period until the OHIP is in effect.

Hope this helps.

Arpita_kalra

Dec 26, 2017
My wife just got a "pre-arrival" letter. I wonder how long it takes between this and getting PR. We applied in May of last year.
I received pre arrival services letter a month ago. There is no update since then. Hope this week brings some good news for all of us.

Arpita_kalra

Dec 26, 2017
When did ndvo ask you for additional wedding photos? How long before the interview?[/QUOTE
It was during the interview. My interview was at 10 in the morning. She said we can submit the photographs maximum by 2 pm as she could not hold the file for more than 2 days. So we submitted the photographs on the same day.

2014parentSponsor

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
I have received the pre-arrival services letter too yesterday and no PPR yet. :(
is this another new step in this long waiting process???? [sigh!!!....]
I don't think i've heard of this pre-arrival letter in the older threads

Arpita_kalra

Dec 26, 2017
I have received the pre-arrival services letter too yesterday and no PPR yet. :(
is this another new step in this long waiting process???? [sigh!!!....]
I don't think i've heard of this pre-arrival letter in the older threads
No idea if this pre arrival services letter is a good sign or not. Because I received this letter a month ago (on 14th Dec-2017) and after that there is no updated. No PPR yet :(

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Yes In this stage I saw security is done they extended my medical and they finalize criminality checks so pre arrival is good sign all who got it recive soon PPR
Thank you for all your helpful information @ahmedwaly
Its comforting to know its a good sign - but of course the difficulty is not knowing when the DM and PPR happen.

The wait continues. I will post any updates.

Reactions: ahmedwaly

Mariooo

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
hi. i have my interview on november 15th and a week after that i recieved the pre arrival services invitation. i was told in interview day that they need to do my background check. this week i sent them a email and asked an update on case. they said "Please be advised that your application is currently in the queue for further review, following which any next steps will be determined. Should we require any additional information, we will contact you in writing at that point of time."
does it mean the background check is finish?

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
hi. i have my interview on november 15th and a week after that i recieved the pre arrival services invitation. i was told in interview day that they need to do my background check. this week i sent them a email and asked an update on case. they said "Please be advised that your application is currently in the queue for further review, following which any next steps will be determined. Should we require any additional information, we will contact you in writing at that point of time."
does it mean the background check is finish?
Yes final review when done they send PPR

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
If it's any consolation, in the pre arrival centre where I work, we help over 200 clients every month, and we've only heard of ONE person who was rejected after getting the pre arrival services letter. So even if it's not impossible, I would say the odds are around 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000.

Congratulations to all who have received the letter! Fingers crossed for all of you :) and if you are moving to Manitoba, please let me know. We are the only pre arrival service specific to Manitoba, and which provides services in French, Spanish and Tagalog in addition to English.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
If it's any consolation, in the pre arrival centre where I work, we help over 200 clients every month, and we've only heard of ONE person who was rejected after getting the pre arrival services letter. So even if it's not impossible, I would say the odds are around 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000.

Congratulations to all who have received the letter! Fingers crossed for all of you :) and if you are moving to Manitoba, please let me know. We are the only pre arrival service specific to Manitoba, and which provides services in French, Spanish and Tagalog in addition to English.
@permafrost_can thank you so much for posting this! Honestly, that letter is both exciting and confusing at the same time :)

By any chance do you know the ballpark timeline of people who recieve the letter - to when they actually arrive?

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this (it helps calm nerves thats for sure!) Hopefully other readers will find this useful too.

Thanks again :)