Investor why are you waisting your money

home77

Mar 7, 2011
I want to ask to investor cat members why are you people waisting your money
for canada as so many people rejected canada for living,,,
These are some comments

1. expensive all hell
2. all stupid taxes
3. ridiculously expensive insurances, phone bills, health insurance charges( for those living in BC - 60 $ per month now), transit passes, etc
4. selfish, greedy, ignorant people
5. If u live in surrey, brampton, missisauga - neighbourhoods of toronto n vancouver in basements - which r the only ones u can afford cause of ridiculously high rents -even living in india is way easier as savings r more even in india
6. the weather in vancouver depressing - 24/7 rain -most days in a year, rest of country is still ice age for 6 months a year. Harsh winters
7. I find segregation among older immigrants n newer immigrants, even indians like punjabis who came here 30-40 years ago take advantage of newer indians when u work for them - these r the places where u will be able to land a job - if u can find one with cheap salary n hard work
8. The white canadian citizens seems still in english colonial mood. Directly or indirectly they dont treat me equally like USA. Indians in USA have good reputation of doctors, engineers, scientists n r expected to succeed and have earned respect in eyes of most white US citizens. Here most of Indians do cheap or labour jobs n drive taxis n drug crimes - many illiterate here. Also, read of gang wars and drug dealer fights in Vancouver - they r surprisingly indians n chinese origins. Have u heard of an indian origin drug dealer in USA HuhHuhHuh??
9. Small economy n smaller population - not many jobs. and % of new immigrants is very very very high compared to USA and keep on increasing every year. Not good as cheap replaceable worker is available all the time. Very competitive n hard to survive at a job even if u find one.
10. Visit any big city n goto a mall, bank, taxi drivers or anything - all u will find in this country is asian immigrants
11. the govt dont clean their roads and side walks in most neighbourhoods ( I know in surrey, brampton, windsor) and it looks dirty like india and not clean like USA - also alberta has lota gas pollution n cancers, manitoba houses have radioactive waste from age old US atomic waste
12. They dont care actual jobs or startup jobs for the immigrants - unlike US where u have to have H1 visa n job to get GC
13. If u lived in india n have good times n have a job in india - would u like to quit it n move to pakistan next door since u get perm resident there Huh?? Same is the case with US and Canada. Next door is bountiful resourceful country - why to stay in starving ice age poor country
Its very hard to stay in Canada long term as US is next door which has many virtues n less vices

I can go on ---
But, these r my experiences.
U can visit n stay for 1-2 months n share your experiences after that.

ONE MORE opinion

I was in US on h1 B and workigna fulltime ok paying job
I applied and got Canadian PR - and my advice is do NOT come to canada

•Salary - Earning and Saving potential
The economy is small not as big as US and pay here has lot of taxes and other deductions
Even if I made 50 % of what i make in canada in the US - I still would save more in US
all hst n gst n taxes r ridiculous in canada compared to US
•Schooling for kids - Quality of education, safety
Safety depends on area where u live
college education is cheaper in canada then USA but very competitive n very hard to get admission then USA
•Cost of living - Housing, Living Expenses
way higher expenses in Canada - double rent, groceries, triple car insurance n phone n such things dont leave anything in your pocket
•Options for getting back to US
even after u get canadian citizenship - its nto a free road to USA unless u have greencard

I would advice u to stay at your job n maintain PR of canada for 3 years as a back up option if u loose yr job
once u get green card u would not want to come to canada anyway
so u can let canadian pr expire after that
please do nto do the same mistake i did of coming to canada

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
You complain about Taxes and how things are expensive in Canada, but yet in other post you are asking for advice on applying to immigrate to Quebec and Saskatchewan at the same time. You ask for advice how your sister can get free medical care as she is pregnant! Plus she only wants to give birth in Canada so the baby gets Canadian citizenship!
Did the Canadians ask you to come to Canada? If Canada is that bad, why don't you go back to the country you came from! I am sure CIC will not stop you. No country is perfect. USA has its social and economic problems as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lubs64 said:
You complain about Taxes and how things are expensive in Canada, but yet in other post you are asking for advice on applying to immigrate to Quebec and Saskatchewan at the same time. You ask for advice how your sister can get free medical care as she is pregnant! Plus she only wants to give birth in Canada so the baby gets Canadian citizenship!
Did the Canadians ask you to come to Canada? If Canada is that bad, why don't you go back to the country you came from! I am sure CIC will not stop you. No country is perfect. USA has its social and economic problems as well.
I second that. You think your country is so much better than Canada, then go back there.

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
well said @canuck_in_uk and @Lubs64 .

If you @Home77 have any better option or any better country to immigrate then pls go ahead but donot fill people's mind with useless negative thoughts !

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Well said Lubs64....

Immigrating is not an easy move regardless of which country you are leaving from or what your circumstances are in your home country. It is a decision that you need to make carefully and you must explore all aspects of the country that you plan to immigrate to.... taxes, cost of living, climate, culture etc.

To do otherwise is outright foolish.

To use this forum to try and deter anyone from applying to immigrate to Canada in such a negative and destructive way is simply disingenuous and helps no one. Maybe if you use your experience to list some of the hurdles that you have faced in a constructive and fact based layout, that may be of benefit to forum members.

My advice to would be immigrants is to use your processing time (which is long) to research, research research!!!!! There is a lot of information out there which can help you prepare for the hardships that immigrating to Canada, or any country for that matter, will most definitely pose.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sckel said:
Well said Lubs64....

Immigrating is not an easy move regardless of which country you are leaving from or what your circumstances are in your home country. It is a decision that you need to make carefully and you must explore all aspects of the country that you plan to immigrate to.... taxes, cost of living, climate, culture etc.

To do otherwise is outright foolish.

To use this forum to try and deter anyone from applying to immigrate to Canada in such a negative and destructive way is simply disingenuous and helps no one. Maybe if you use your experience to list some of the hurdles that you have faced in a constructive and fact based layout, that may be of benefit to forum members.

My advice to would be immigrants is to use your processing time (which is long) to research, research research!!!!! There is a lot of information out there which can help you prepare for the hardships that immigrating to Canada, or any country for that matter, will most definitely pose.
Well and +1

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009
I am not sure why this post was created. are you trying to went out yours frustration here?

whoever comes to Canada, comes by choice. I was too on H1B in USA and lived there for 5 year. when recession came, many of my friends lost jobs and were forced to leave the country. Canada opened up AINP Program for H1B Skilled worker in USA and gave option to settle up here, I am glad I got this opportunity and now living in Calgary for 2 yrs. Taxes may be high, but medical services is huge saving.
how you compare paying Medical Insurance and Medical bills back in USA?