+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investor immigration to Quebec (applied 2016) waiting for interview

Naz76

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I have not received aNy request for biometrics , so far.
Ask yr agent to check her junk folder, as it happened last time also.
My agent told me some of his applicants were not asked for biometrics.

U are 1 month ahead of me, so ask her to send email to IRCC to confirm Bcz u must give biometrics within 30 days after receiving letter, they can cancel yr application also if they don’t receive.

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
I have not received aNy request for biometrics , so far.
Dear ash1969 ,,, when you get notes for attending the interview ,,, you goes to Canadian Embassy to make interviews Visa to visit Montreal right ? If you make the biometrics in the Canadian Visa Office this valid for 10 years ,,, so you no need to make it again unless the immigration officer ask you to make ( and this in little case ) ,,, but if you not make the biometric before for sure you must do it in the near future .

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

I have also gave my biometrics at exploratory visa, my family gave biometrics 3 times.
Still we have been asked to give biometrics.

I could be wrong but my point is if Ash1969 has been sent letter already and his agent doesn’t know. The risk is high.

So for safe side he should make sure.
I have a 10 year visa for canada
I have not done biometrics as it was not required for INDIA citizens when I got my TRV
So I have not done biometrics for canada . That being said I have done biometrics for schengen visa .
I have not been asked for biometrics so far
When I confronted my agent she says I don’t require biometrics as of now ( I don’t know if she is correct here )
Biometrics will be required at final stages for my case . So iam at loggerheads here
Anyone who is Indian citizen can through more light on it
Naz , tnx all the same for highlighting this point

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear ash1969 ,,, when you get notes for attending the interview ,,, you goes to Canadian Embassy to make interviews Visa to visit Montreal right ? If you make the biometrics in the Canadian Visa Office this valid for 10 years ,,, so you no need to make it again unless the immigration officer ask you to make ( and this in little case ) ,,, but if you not make the biometric before for sure you must do it in the near future .
Hi
I was not asked for biometrics when I got the Canada visa .
I have not been asked for biometrics so far . My agent says for me biometrics I have to do when I get me medical request. I don’t know . Am confused now
So will wait for others to comment on this

deva3012

Dec 18, 2010
Hi
I was not asked for biometrics when I got the Canada visa .
I have not been asked for biometrics so far . My agent says for me biometrics I have to do when I get me medical request. I don’t know . Am confused now
So will wait for others to comment on this

Hi Ash 1969

Biometrics should not be a concern for anybody. It became mandatory for Indian citizens only from 31st Dec 2018. You and I and all from India would be asked to do biometrics only after medicals and on request of passport.

Have you received the letter from New Delhi VO? You will get one from Delhi stating that your file has reached Delhi and after that it takes anywhere between 24 to 30 months. My file reached Delhi in Oct 2017 so its 18 months.

Relax and enjoy because once in Quebec its going to be hectic and not that easy initially. But we all will be there together.

Bye

zafar khan

Oct 15, 2018
Hi Ash 1969

Biometrics should not be a concern for anybody. It became mandatory for Indian citizens only from 31st Dec 2018. You and I and all from India would be asked to do biometrics only after medicals and on request of passport.

Have you received the letter from New Delhi VO? You will get one from Delhi stating that your file has reached Delhi and after that it takes anywhere between 24 to 30 months. My file reached Delhi in Oct 2017 so its 18 months.

Relax and enjoy because once in Quebec its going to be hectic and not that easy initially. But we all will be there together.

Bye
Hello deva , I think you will receive MR between july to september

Reactions: ash1969

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi Ash 1969

Bye
Thanks . That was a big relief to me . Actually it’s little different for Indians ( i guess call for biometrics is nationally based ) same as told by my agent ( I guess for once she has provided me with correct info. God bless her !)
That being said , the second AOR ( (which I assume has been discontinued from jan 2018 , as some one pointed out) has not come for me .
I guess your MR Is month away . Be ready . Good luck!

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
Hello deva , I think you will receive MR between july to september
Dear Zafar Khan I’m in month 22 and near start month 23 and nothing move or update in my application ,,, and when start update in your file it will take at least 1 years to finish all step to get the Visa .

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
Dear I am talking about NEW DELHI VO , mostly New delhi visa off take around 24 to 30 months to finish all steps
HI Zafar Khan :- I hope your file processing time will be less than 24 month ,,, yes you are right New Delhi Visa Office is faster than Hong Kong Visa Office ,,, all the best wishes for you .

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Dear I am talking about NEW DELHI VO , mostly New delhi visa off take around 24 to 30 months to finish all steps
Hi
This used to be the scenario in the past . But lots seem to be changing with this new CAQ govt in power . With its strict policies and limitations etc regarding immigration , all past schedules don’t make much sense .
Only time will tell the impact on processing periods . Till then it’s anyone’s guess .

zafar khan

Oct 15, 2018
Hi
This used to be the scenario in the past . But lots seem to be changing with this new CAQ govt in power . With its strict policies and limitations etc regarding immigration , all past schedules don’t make much sense .
Only time will tell the impact on processing periods . Till then it’s anyone’s guess .
Ash 1969 I know all about the scenario , what is happening with new CAQ , One of my friend get MR in feb 19, who had applied for federal in april 2017 , that is the reason , ok in future i will never guess about anyone's processing period