+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra Company transfer to Canada PR

vbollam

Jul 21, 2018
Hi,

I have landed in Canada (Toronto) in May under ICT work permit, valid for 2 years. My company primarily operates out of Ontario and not in any other states withing Canada.
I am already in the EE pool now at 389 score card and my points would reach the 467 mark if I add the 1 year work experience (for which i would have to wait for another ~7 months to reach).
Now, I would like to get some of your valuable opinions to this,
- if it would possible for me to select options of "Holding a valid job offer with LIMA exempt " and increase my score to 439. OR
- Would it be best for me to wait for 7 months and apply with 1 year Canadian experience.

Please do let me know if there are any better suggestions that I would need to consider as well.

Thanks.
What about your IELTS/CELPIP language scores? CLB 9 or more can increase your score. Also, do not travel outside of the country until you have completed your 1-year experience. If you go out, you will also need to cover those days in Canada to claim your 1-year experience.

Sep 28, 2013
Yes I have taken the IELTS with L 8.5, S 8.0, R 7, W 6.5.
Thank you for letting me know, this is something I didn't know. I would keep aware of travels outside the Country. But, hope travels within Canada would not be a concern.

vbollam

Jul 21, 2018
Yes I have taken the IELTS with L 8.5, S 8.0, R 7, W 6.5.
Thank you for letting me know, this is something I didn't know. I would keep aware of travels outside the Country. But, hope travels within Canada would not be a concern.
I would recommend re-taking IELTS. If you can improve your scores in reading and writing, then your express entry score will bump up by huge margin. Instead of waiting for 7 months, this is the quickest route to take.

sriluk249

Nov 2, 2019
What are the processing timelines for ICT LMIA exempt work permit in recent months since August? Thanks in advance.
I have done the medicals upfront and submitted application along with biometrics on Oct 14th at VFS Hyderabad. Yet to receive an update.
Have linked the application on cic.gc.ca website. Website only shows that medicals are passed on Oct 17th, no other update is available yet.

mala2810

Dec 2, 2019
Hello, My company in US applied for ICT in February for me. The process is still in progress. How long does it take for the visa to come through

visaviz

Dec 2, 2020
I can tell you a bit of my scenario. I came to Canada from the USA based on an intra company transfer under NAFTA senior manager category. I am still under this category. Now I was qualified to enter the EE pool but my CRS points was no way sufficient for me to be invited in the short term to apply for PR under the EE-FSW category directly. My score was less than 400 and the invitation to PR was going to those having a score of well north of 400 points. I can get to this score range but I needed to gain at least 1 year Canadian work experience and even at this point nothing was guaranteed since the laws can change at any time for better or for worse. Therefore, I was looking for a way to apply within the short term (in the next 2-3 months).

My employer branch is in BC so I started looking into the PNP category. Based on my calculation of BC points I knew that I would receive an ITA from BC but was not sure of securing the nomination based on personal situation and wording in BC guide. My BC score was over 130 so I was guaranteed a BC ITA in the next round. This nomination would secure me another 600 points and would basically guarantee an ITA from the EE-PNP draw. So I proceeded down this path.

I indicated my intent to BC that I would like to apply under the EEBC-SW stream. From indicating my intent to BC ITA to BC application to nomination took me about 4 weeks. So now I had secured 600 additional points which brought my EE CRS points to just below 1,000. Based on previous drawings, I felt very confident that I would receive an ITA and I did in the next drawing. Fast forward to today and I have submitted my application for PR under the EE PNP category. From all reading the EE PNP takes a little longer than applying directly however I would have not been able to secure an ITA directly immediately.

Bottom line is you need to research more and see which programs you quality for. In my case, I have submitted my PR application 4 months after being issues the intra company work permit. CIC website says that the processing time for most applications in this category is less than 6 months. Now it can take longer but I'm hoping that it takes less than 6 months. Assuming that the CIC part takes 6 months then I would have converted my intra company work permit to PR in 10 months but this is still ongoing (just to give you my possible timeline - everybody case is different so timeline will vary). If you can then you should apply on the EE route as it's normally takes less time than the paper route.

Good luck.
Hello @mike2236 during the PNP nomination process, could you pls tell me if your employer had to demonstrate meeting requirements for ' domestic job market'? because 'job offer form' that the employer need to submit has a section for Recruitment Summary. I was thinking that leaving it blank might impact the chances of getting a nomination? Kindly let me know what happened in your case.