+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra Company transfer to Canada PR

vbollam

Jul 21, 2018
When we say company filed ICT , what does this include ? Do they need to file for ICT or just provide an offer letter and you can enter EE profile?

Is the Work Permit required ? is it required to work in Canada with WP and then apply?

OR

One can just take an offer letter ( from current employer in Country 1 and same employer has office in Canada) and then apply in EE ( assuming a job offer and mentioning that as ICT - LMIA exempt ) ??
Employer will have to file for a work permit under Intra Company Transfer category. It has nothing to do with Express Entry pool. I think you are probably referring to getting a PR thru Express Entry, with a job offer that adds 50 points to the profile.

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
Employer will have to file for a work permit under Intra Company Transfer category. It has nothing to do with Express Entry pool. I think you are probably referring to getting a PR thru Express Entry, with a job offer that adds 50 points to the profile.
Yes, I am thinking of PR thru Express Entry with 50 Points
What I was thinking is that My Employer ( in USA, I am employed in US) has Presence in Canada : Can I get ICT ( LMIA Exempt) by Just asking for a Job Offer ( on Paper) and apply in EE with 50 extra points.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Can I get ICT ( LMIA Exempt) by Just asking for a Job Offer ( on Paper) and apply in EE with 50 extra points.
What position are you going to fill in Canada? ICT’s are available for very specific positions only.

vbollam

Jul 21, 2018
Yes, I am thinking of PR thru Express Entry with 50 Points
What I was thinking is that My Employer ( in USA, I am employed in US) has Presence in Canada : Can I get ICT ( LMIA Exempt) by Just asking for a Job Offer ( on Paper) and apply in EE with 50 extra points.
I think you may be able to use a LMIA exempt job offer for EE but I would suggest confirming with an immigration lawyer. Also will your employer be willing to support you to get a PR in this way? PR process can take longer 6 months or beyond and if you use a job offer, you need to have that job for an year after getting PR, I believe this is one clause with job offer. If things change and if your employer lays off (just being practical, I am not saying it will happen), I am not sure how it would work in this scenario. This is something you may want to consider.

Also if you have an option for an ICT, I would recommend to go for it. Because having an year of Canadian experience is adding huge points to the EE profile. In my case I just calculated using 1 year Canadian experience and I am getting 80 points more. With my current language scores. (CELPIP: L11, R10, W8, S7), I am ending up at 389 such is the difference.

Give it a thought.

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Friends, I am In a similar situation and need your guidance.

Few details:
1. Moved from US to Toronto - Ontario in Jul 2018 through ICT-WP valid for 3yrs.
2. Have active EE profile with CRS score sitting at 338.
3. IELTS score - L7.5, R:7.5, S:8, W:8
4. Wife has open Canadian work permit and searching for job in ON
5. Employer sponsors PR only after 2yrs of Canadian experience

Considering need good guidance on our PR prospects. Quite demoralized currently as have no chance in EE.

Can you guide:
1. I will get 50 points after finishing 1yr Canadian experience but does ICT job offer (LMIA excempt) gives me any points now.
2. Will I have any chances under ON PNP program? Or any other province ?

Really need good guidance here pls - thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Friends, I am In a similar situation and need your guidance.

Few details:
1. Moved from US to Toronto - Ontario in Jul 2018 through ICT-WP valid for 3yrs.
2. Have active EE profile with CRS score sitting at 338.
3. IELTS score - L7.5, R:7.5, S:8, W:8
4. Wife has open Canadian work permit and searching for job in ON
5. Employer sponsors PR only after 2yrs of Canadian experience

Considering need good guidance on our PR prospects. Quite demoralized currently as have no chance in EE.

Can you guide:
1. I will get 50 points after finishing 1yr Canadian experience but does ICT job offer (LMIA excempt) gives me any points now.
2. Will I have any chances under ON PNP program? Or any other province ?

Really need good guidance here pls - thank you
No points for the ICT job offer until you have worked in Canada for 1 full year.

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
No points for the ICT job offer until you have worked in Canada for 1 full year.
Scylla, thanks for your reply. So what happens after 1 year? I will get 50 points for Canadian experience (1yr) - correct? Will I get additional points for job offer after completing one year in Canada? I can try to get employer letter stating that my job will hold good for 1yr after PR is given. Please confirm from OINP standpoint.

Appreciate your help.

classifiedkm

Sep 8, 2016
I can tell you a bit of my scenario. I came to Canada from the USA based on an intra company transfer under NAFTA senior manager category. I am still under this category. Now I was qualified to enter the EE pool but my CRS points was no way sufficient for me to be invited in the short term to apply for PR under the EE-FSW category directly. My score was less than 400 and the invitation to PR was going to those having a score of well north of 400 points. I can get to this score range but I needed to gain at least 1 year Canadian work experience and even at this point nothing was guaranteed since the laws can change at any time for better or for worse. Therefore, I was looking for a way to apply within the short term (in the next 2-3 months).

My employer branch is in BC so I started looking into the PNP category. Based on my calculation of BC points I knew that I would receive an ITA from BC but was not sure of securing the nomination based on personal situation and wording in BC guide. My BC score was over 130 so I was guaranteed a BC ITA in the next round. This nomination would secure me another 600 points and would basically guarantee an ITA from the EE-PNP draw. So I proceeded down this path.

I indicated my intent to BC that I would like to apply under the EEBC-SW stream. From indicating my intent to BC ITA to BC application to nomination took me about 4 weeks. So now I had secured 600 additional points which brought my EE CRS points to just below 1,000. Based on previous drawings, I felt very confident that I would receive an ITA and I did in the next drawing. Fast forward to today and I have submitted my application for PR under the EE PNP category. From all reading the EE PNP takes a little longer than applying directly however I would have not been able to secure an ITA directly immediately.

Bottom line is you need to research more and see which programs you quality for. In my case, I have submitted my PR application 4 months after being issues the intra company work permit. CIC website says that the processing time for most applications in this category is less than 6 months. Now it can take longer but I'm hoping that it takes less than 6 months. Assuming that the CIC part takes 6 months then I would have converted my intra company work permit to PR in 10 months but this is still ongoing (just to give you my possible timeline - everybody case is different so timeline will vary). If you can then you should apply on the EE route as it's normally takes less time than the paper route.

Good luck.
Hello Mike. I'm in the same situation. I'm an ICT WP from an IT company, arrived 3 months back. I got the nomination yesterday from ON and it increased my points by 600 in EE. So in next draw, I'll receive an ITA. I have a doubt regarding this question-

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
My Answer: Yes

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
  • full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
(Work Permit is valid for 2 years so I think the answer to this is Yes?)

Can you please help and let me know your opinions.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hello Mike. I'm in the same situation. I'm an ICT WP from an IT company, arrived 3 months back. I got the nomination yesterday from ON and it increased my points by 600 in EE. So in next draw, I'll receive an ITA. I have a doubt regarding this question-

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

• full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
(Work Permit is valid for 2 years so I think the answer to this is Yes?)

Can you please help and let me know your opinions.
This is not a valid job offer in EE application. For a valid job offer you must work for the employer in Canada for at least a year. Answering this question as no have no major effect on your score as you already have the 600 points.

classifiedkm

Sep 8, 2016
This is not a valid job offer in EE application. For a valid job offer you must work for the employer in Canada for at least a year. Answering this question as no have no major effect on your score as you already have the 600 points.
Thanks Mike. One year stay needs for calming points. Since I'm answering "No" to below question, system has not given any extra points for this Job offer.
Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
>> NO

So technically, I'm not calming points for job offer.
I was thinking saying, No "Valid Job Offer" in Canada should not cause harm by thinking false information provided.

classifiedkm

Sep 8, 2016
Thanks Mike. One year stay needs for calming points. Since I'm answering "No" to below question, system has not given any extra points for this Job offer.
Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
>> NO

I was thinking saying, No "Valid Job Offer" in Canada should not cause harm by thinking false information provided.
Here is the entire Quaternary:-

Intended work in CanadaStatus:
Does Mr XXX have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
(required)
>> YES

full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?
(required)
>> YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)
Four digit NOC code (required) Help - Four digit NOC code
>> YES

Job title (required) Help - Job title
>> Software Engineer

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer? (required)
>>1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required)
>> No

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)
>> No

Employer or company name (required) Help - Employer or company name
>>XXX Limited Limited

Contact address of employer or company (required)
>>ABC St

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory (required)
City/town (required)
Street address (required)
>>ABC St

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)
>> No

Is Mr XXX currently working in Canada? (required)
>>Yes

Does Mr XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)
>>Yes

Is Mr XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
>>Yes

Has Mr XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)
>>No

Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required)
>> 2173

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)
>> No My work permit is exempt from an LIMA for other reasons and is employer specific

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
>> NO

Correct. Since you have the 600 points then you don’t necessarily need the points for the job offer.

classifiedkm

Sep 8, 2016
Correct. Since you have the 600 points then you don’t necessarily need the points for the job offer.
yes..but I believe I got 600 Points via PNP due to job offer. Ontario has issued interest based on this. So answering Valid job off "No" at this stage in EE should not cause any problem ?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
yes..but I believe I got 600 Points via PNP due to job offer. Ontario has issued interest based on this. So answering Valid job off "No" at this stage in EE should not cause any problem ?
I’m not sure about OINP rules on job offer description. In BC, their rules on job offer is quite different from that on EE job offer rules. BC rules didn’t include any requirement that the applicant having worked for the employer on WP for 1 year whereas that is a requirement in EE.

classifiedkm

Sep 8, 2016
I’m not sure about OINP rules on job offer description. In BC, their rules on job offer is quite different from that on EE job offer rules. BC rules didn’t include any requirement that the applicant having worked for the employer on WP for 1 year whereas that is a requirement in EE.
OINP issued nominations for this round based on targeted Job offer. I believe they might have verified my job offers and start date in Ontario before approving, but now I'm in dilemma to remove from EE profile before getting ITA.