+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra Company transfer to Canada PR

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
OINP issued nominations for this round based on targeted Job offer. I believe they might have verified my job offers and start date in Ontario before approving, but now I'm in dilemma to remove from EE profile before getting ITA.
You're not removing it from your EE profile. There are a series of question in the application. It starts with something like do you have a job offer ... answer yes. Is it for more than one year .... answer yes. Is it for a valid organization (I'm not sure if this is in there or was province) ... answer yes. Do you require a LMIA or is LMIA exempt .... select as appropriate. Have you worked for the named employer for at least 1 year .... answer no. With all of these answers you are not removing it but with the one answer of "no" that you have not worked for one year for the named employer in Canada would not provide you with any points for the job offer.
Therefore, just answers the questions logically and it will exclude the job offer on its own based on your answers.

classifiedkm

Sep 8, 2016
You're not removing it from your EE profile. There are a series of question in the application. It starts with something like do you have a job offer ... answer yes. Is it for more than one year .... answer yes. Is it for a valid organization (I'm not sure if this is in there or was province) ... answer yes. Do you require a LMIA or is LMIA exempt .... select as appropriate. Have you worked for the named employer for at least 1 year .... answer no. With all of these answers you are not removing it but with the one answer of "no" that you have not worked for one year for the named employer in Canada would not provide you with any points for the job offer.
Therefore, just answers the questions logically and it will exclude the job offer on its own based on your answers.
Yeah..true. Now got it. I have not received any points and I dont need as well. So suggested, answering logically is fine. After receiving ITA, do I need to provide documents for all this ? Will this be a part of personalized checklist ?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah..true. Now got it. I have not received any points and I dont need as well. So suggested, answering logically is fine. After receiving ITA, do I need to provide documents for all this ? Will this be a part of personalized checklist ?
Yes, the job offer letter will be in your personalize list of items to provide.

kswamymula

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,
My employer agreed for ICT (Intra Company Transfer).How can I convert/move towards getting PR after I get ICT?
I have 20 years of experience in Engineering Services, so is the "Engineering Manager" designation acceptable for ICT?
Can I ask my employer to give me a Job offer with same designation after getting LMIA approval?My understanding is if I get Senior Managerial position my CRC score for PR will fetch 200 points under NOC 00 Code.Am I correct?
Thanks,
Kiran

rachanad

Oct 16, 2018
Hello,

I am currently on a H1B visa in the US with my GC in process with a long wait time. I am looking at alternatives and Canadian PR is definitely an option. Am I allowed to work in Canada on an intra-company transfer and perform the same role I am doing in the US from Canada for a year? The company I work for has an office in Canada. That way I can score points for the PR thru the BC or Nova Scotia PNP program if I work there for a year. Please let me know if you need more info about my case.

Thanks,
Rachana

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am currently on a H1B visa in the US with my GC in process with a long wait time. I am looking at alternatives and Canadian PR is definitely an option. Am I allowed to work in Canada on an intra-company transfer and perform the same role I am doing in the US from Canada for a year? The company I work for has an office in Canada. That way I can score points for the PR thru the BC or Nova Scotia PNP program if I work there for a year. Please let me know if you need more info about my case.

Thanks,
Rachana
No - the ICT will not allow you to work remotely from Canada. The ICT is for situations where you are being relocated to Canada to work in a role in Canada.

rachanad

Oct 16, 2018
No - the ICT will not allow you to work remotely from Canada. The ICT is for situations where you are being relocated to Canada to work in a role in Canada.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I will have a job offer from the Canadian subsidiary but the role will be similar to what I am doing the US. It will be a relocation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I will have a job offer from the Canadian subsidiary but the role will be similar to what I am doing the US. It will be a relocation.
That will be fine as long as it meets the ICT requirements of being an executive, senior managerial, or specialized knowledge role and your employer is able to prove this in the application.

rachanad

Oct 16, 2018
That will be fine as long as it meets the ICT requirements of being an executive, senior managerial, or specialized knowledge role and your employer is able to prove this in the application.
Got it. Right, I read about the requirement. I am at a Sr. Manager position. How does an employer prove one's job responsibilities? Also, I looked at occupation in the PNP LOC list and I think I should qualify in the marketing, proposals, market research category.

Dr. Mitesh

Jan 9, 2019
Hi Rashpal,

My employer also filed my ICT petition recently. I wanted to check how did your process went? Did you got approval? How much time it took? Could you please advise?

Thank you.
Venkat
When we say company filed ICT , what does this include ? Do they need to file for ICT or just provide an offer letter and you can enter EE profile?

Is the Work Permit required ? is it required to work in Canada with WP and then apply?

OR

One can just take an offer letter ( from current employer in Country 1 and same employer has office in Canada) and then apply in EE ( assuming a job offer and mentioning that as ICT - LMIA exempt ) ??

Hello Spartanz,

While company fills ICT means they have hired a Temporary Employee may be initial for maximum 3 year ( to be extended maximum upto seven years for executives and senior managers, and five years for specialized knowledge workers), which will generate few points to get eligible for PR procedure.

Getting a job offer letter under ICT - LMIA will not allow a Temporary Worker to enter in Canada and work in a Canadian company. S/he would also require to apply and get an Open work permit or Employer Specific work permit.

I am sure this would clarify your doubts.

akmok

Sep 30, 2018
My company has filed my ICT WP 4 weeks ago from India. Also, my CRS score is 345. I'm not clear on the below options for PR. Can some one please clarify my doubts here.
1. How long does it take for ICT processing from India?
2. I will be moving to Toronto on ICT. Can some other employer file a new work permit for a new job in Toronto? Will there be any restriction on ICT, not to go for new employer?
3. Will i be qualified for OINP under Foreign Worker stream or should i just apply under Human Capital stream ?
4. Also, can i use my current offer letter for ICT under Foreign Worker stream?

Appreciate your help.

regards,
anil

Dr. Mitesh

Jan 9, 2019
My company has filed my ICT WP 4 weeks ago from India. Also, my CRS score is 345. I'm not clear on the below options for PR. Can some one please clarify my doubts here.
1. How long does it take for ICT processing from India?
2. I will be moving to Toronto on ICT. Can some other employer file a new work permit for a new job in Toronto? Will there be any restriction on ICT, not to go for new employer?
3. Will i be qualified for OINP under Foreign Worker stream or should i just apply under Human Capital stream ?
4. Also, can i use my current offer letter for ICT under Foreign Worker stream?

Appreciate your help.

regards,
anil

Hello Anil,

Greetings for the day.

Reply to your Queries:
1. ICT depends on LMIA exemption process. It depends how long your Canadian Company will take time to clear your LMIA. Usually it may require 4 to 6 months max.
2. LMIA linked Job / Employment Offer letter is raised to the Specific Temporary Worker only. Once, your Canadian Company has registered itself as your employer, they would have entered below details in the Employer Portal:
1). Business Information Form,
2). Foreign Worker Form,
3). Job Details Form, and
4). Wage and Benefits Form
Under the above point no. 2). Canadian Company will fill your details as a Temporary Worker to be hired by them. Hence, it is clear that any other employer may not raise another job offer letter to you until you cancel your LMIA exempted Job Offer Letter already raised by the 1st employer.

3. Once you apply, get LMIA based based job offer, you will get max. 3 years temporary work permit (TWP), which will generate your eligibility points further to apply under Canadian Work Experience Category in future.

4. Once you get your current offer letter (LMIA exempted), you must land in Canada within stipulated time duration. This means that you may not use this letter for any other category or purpose.

I am sure these clarification would help you for proceeding your file further. If you would share your contact details, i may help you out further.

akmok

Sep 30, 2018
Thank you Mitesh. Still unclear on Point 2.

As my company already filed a WP, unless i cancel it, i will not be able to join another employer. Correct?

Also, when will i be able to accumulate points for Canadian Work Experience Category? I believe its after an year. So in the mean time, is there any other way to get the PR faster?

Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Mitesh. Still unclear on Point 2.

As my company already filed a WP, unless i cancel it, i will not be able to join another employer. Correct?

Also, when will i be able to accumulate points for Canadian Work Experience Category? I believe its after an year. So in the mean time, is there any other way to get the PR faster?

Please advise.
If you want to work for a different employer once you arrive, the new employer will need to get an approved LMIA and then you will have to obtain a new work permit.

You will get additional points once you've worked in Canada for a year. You can apply for PR now through Express Entry and if you have 440+ points, there's a good chance you will be selected.

akmok

Sep 30, 2018
If you want to work for a different employer once you arrive, the new employer will need to get an approved LMIA and then you will have to obtain a new work permit.

You will get additional points once you've worked in Canada for a year. You can apply for PR now through Express Entry and if you have 440+ points, there's a good chance you will be selected.
Thank you Scylla