+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in June with Buffalo amid its office closure

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
cindy-cn said:
Any luck to you guys? How about your re-scheduled interviews? Is there a new date to your case? My interview was set in July,nothing comes to me yet sine it was cancelled, though I was told my case was transferred to LA office in September 7th. LA hasn't contacted me and ignored my inquiry E-mails sent last month. I don't know what to do next. I've been waiting for a long time. Anybody happens to know what's the meaning of transferring to LA? Does that mean it's the last step? Somebody said we need to wait another two and three months since your case being LA?That's horrible!
I am sorry that you're experiencing the same situation like us. Our file was transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa on July 7, 2012. Nothing from Ottawa or LA yet. My spouse is from China too. We should have gone through Beijing and it would have been done long time ago. Hope we'll all hear something very soon.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Hi!
Any old Buffalonian interviewees heard anything from either Ottawa or LA yet? It's been 4 and a half months since we were notified the interview cancellation when they closed!

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
AW2011 said:
Hi!
Any old Buffalonian interviewees heard anything from either Ottawa or LA yet? It's been 4 and a half months since we were notified the interview cancellation when they closed!
:( Nothing yet. I can not be patient any more! So frustrating! It is not normal time by now.At least they should inform us about something,but nothing! I'm considering about Traveling-Visa now.Everything is a mess with me now.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
cindy-cn said:
:( Nothing yet. I can not be patient any more! So frustrating! It is not normal time by now.At least they should inform us about something,but nothing! I'm considering about Traveling-Visa now.Everything is a mess with me now.
I totally understand your frustration. My spouse attempted the visitor's visa last spring but was declined. Then you could just walk in and get an answer the same day. Now you have to apply by mail and might take a couple of months too. But good luck with that if you decide to do it. I just contacted my MP. Hope to get something from them soon.

Someone from Canada should really have to go to China and learn what Efficiency is!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
cindy-cn said:
I contacted my MP's office and got only: file is in Ottawa waiting to be reviewed(we already know that!). Can do another inquiry if we don't hear anything in 3 months! :mad:
I was wondering how did you find out your file was transferred to LA from Ottawa on Sept. 7th?

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
AW2011 said:
I contacted my MP's office and got only: file is in Ottawa waiting to be reviewed(we already know that!). Can do another inquiry if we don't hear anything in 3 months! :mad:
I was wondering how did you find out your file was transferred to LA from Ottawa on Sept. 7th?
I wrote E-mails to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca in Aug,after more than a month i got their reply saying"^^^^I have reviewed your case now, it was transferred to LA on September 7th^^^^LA will contact you^^^^" .
But I haven't heard anything from LA ,though I also wrote them E-mails.I don't have MP,all the information I have to get by myself.I kind of regret about applying here too, If I did this in Guangzhou,China, today everything would be all right. It's no use thinking about that.At least you have your MP who can help you check about your case all the time.However, I'm thinking the only thing they can do is send inquiry e-mail as I did? Or call CIC? I tried but couldn't get through.I guess your MP may do that.Somebody with good luck talked with a nice lady and got practical information. :) Good luck to you!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
cindy-cn said:
I wrote E-mails to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca in Aug,after more than a month i got their reply saying"^^^^I have reviewed your case now, it was transferred to LA on September 7th^^^^LA will contact you^^^^" .
But I haven't heard anything from LA ,though I also wrote them E-mails.I don't have MP,all the information I have to get by myself.I kind of regret about applying here too, If I did this in Guangzhou,China, today everything would be all right. It's no use thinking about that.At least you have your MP who can help you check about your case all the time.However, I'm thinking the only thing they can do is send inquiry e-mail as I did? Or call CIC? I tried but couldn't get through.I guess your MP may do that.Somebody with good luck talked with a nice lady and got practical information. :) Good luck to you!
How do you not have an MP? Where will you live when you come to Canada? Your MP will be from there. Contact them, it will help!! :)

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
parker24 said:
How do you not have an MP? Where will you live when you come to Canada? Your MP will be from there. Contact them, it will help!! :)
Oh my god! I just found out about MP.AT first I thought "Mp" related to your layer's office. I don't have any agency for my case, that's why I said "I don't have a MP".
I read some information on the internet, but I'm still a little confused. I applied my case to Mississauga first, after they approving the sponsor, my case was transferred to Buffalo and then to Ottawa, now in LA.
Who shall I contact, and what's the steps? Is this really going to help me with the case? Thank you very much.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
cindy-cn said:
Oh my god! I just found out about MP.AT first I thought "Mp" related to your layer's office. I don't have any agency for my case, that's why I said "I don't have a MP".
I read some information on the internet, but I'm still a little confused. I applied my case to Mississauga first, after they approving the sponsor, my case was transferred to Buffalo and then to Ottawa, now in LA.
Who shall I contact, and what's the steps? Is this really going to help me with the case? Thank you very much.
In our case, it doesn't help. At least not yet. I wrote up a nice letter explaining how overdue our file is. They came back with the information we already know(just file is in Ottawa waiting to be reviewed) and told us to make contact again if we don't hear anything in another 3 months. MP can only inquire the status of your case but he or she can not speedy up CIC's process. You can have your husband contact his MP in Canada but don't put too much hope on it.

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
AW2011 said:
In our case, it doesn't help. At least not yet. I wrote up a nice letter explaining how overdue our file is. They came back with the information we already know(just file is in Ottawa waiting to be reviewed) and told us to make contact again if we don't hear anything in another 3 months. MP can only inquire the status of your case but they can not speedy up CIC's process. You can have your husband contact his MP in Canada but don't put too much hope on it.
Thanks for your quick reply.My husband is living with me in USA right now.He doesn't know about the "MP" stuff either :( Maybe they know more details? On the CIC's website, nothing updated.Anyway,since no good news come up, I may try it tomorrow.Pretty late, good night. Thanks again.

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
AW2011 said:
In our case, it doesn't help. At least not yet. I wrote up a nice letter explaining how overdue our file is. They came back with the information we already know(just file is in Ottawa waiting to be reviewed) and told us to make contact again if we don't hear anything in another 3 months. MP can only inquire the status of your case but he or she can not speedy up CIC's process. You can have your husband contact his MP in Canada but don't put too much hope on it.
I already knew how to work on that. Thanks.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cindy-cn said:
I wrote E-mails to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca in Aug,after more than a month i got their reply saying"^^^^I have reviewed your case now, it was transferred to LA on September 7th^^^^LA will contact you^^^^" .
At least they told you that they transferred your file to LA. When I emailed them, I received a generic reply that due to large volume of files they themselves would contact me if there is a need. I'm now passed 13 months and I envy those who get done quickly. This process is wearing me down to be honest. Also since they're processing it for so long my meds and clearances would be expired and then they would make me pay again to get new ones, as if I was not jobless for long enough and not very financially well to pay for new ones again. :mad: :(

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Quince777 said:
At least they told you that they transferred your file to LA. When I emailed them, I received a generic reply that due to large volume of files they themselves would contact me if there is a need. I'm now passed 13 months and I envy those who get done quickly. This process is wearing me down to be honest. Also since they're processing it for so long my meds and clearances would be expired and then they would make me pay again to get new ones, as if I was not jobless for long enough and not very financially well to pay for new ones again. :mad: :(
I‘m sorry about your situation.Would you mind telling me your scheduled interview date? It's tough enough for us. I totally understand your feeling since my plan is such a mess.My meds was made in last Oct, it would be expired soon.

roysingh

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi Everyone, I am in the same boat except I have not even had an interview or anything. I just ordered CAIPS notes for my file but it's going to be a full year on 10/27/2012. Based on the application timeline, does anyone have any idea when the case might be transferred to LA or be approved ? I know it would only be a guess but I'm frustrated like everyone else and getting very impatient as I thought CIC was better than USCIS but it seems like they are worse.

When I log into ecas all it says is

We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Time line of Events for Application Dates
Appication Received 10/27/2011
Medical Completed 10/24/2011
Approved Part 1 1/13/2012
Requested additional information 2/17/2012
Back UP information sent 2/23/2012
Fingerprint check requested thru RCMP 3/12/2012
Fingerprint check Mailed to RCMP 4/4/2012
Results sent by RCMP to Canadian Consulate for finger prints 5/11/2012
Notification via email that case was transferred to Ottawa 6/22/2012
Ottawa help desk email states file was transferred and is working thru a large number of files at same time 9/17/2012