+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview in June with Buffalo amid its office closure

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
2joys said:
Hey AW2011,
Our interview was supposed to be in the end of July. Same situation, flights booked and everything.
I know for sure that all the files have been sent to Ottawa.
Can't imagine what they are going to do next. If we hear anything we'll post too.
They haven't updated the online CAS.
I hope your trip cancellation didn't cost you like ours. My spouse is not visa-exempt for Canada living in US. Don't think they would re-schedule the interview in Ottawa.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Ambber29 said:
Do you think it will take another 6 months?
I sure hope not. We waited the whole year for that interview and now it's this. I would give them a month then start bugging them.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
2joys said:
Hey AW2011 and Ambber29,
Have you heard anything?
Hi 2joys,
We didn't hear anything yet. It's so frustrating. We feel like we are re-starting the whole process.
Let's get each other posted when/if there's any movement.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
So sorry for you guys!
I really hope things will get in normal very very soon, not knowing whats hapening with your file and even more after you are scheduled for an interview that its more than frustrating...

Good luck to everyone!

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
I.N said:
So sorry for you guys!
I really hope things will get in normal very very soon, not knowing whats hapening with your file and even more after you are scheduled for an interview that its more than frustrating...

Good luck to everyone!
Thank you I.N and good luck to your upcoming interview!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012

2joys

Jun 7, 2012
Thanks!

So far... Ottawa has all the files... they haven't opened ours let.
PR Visas will be issued from LA. So interview will probably also be in LA.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
2joys said:
Thanks!

So far... Ottawa has all the files... they haven't opened ours let.
PR Visas will be issued from LA. So interview will probably also be in LA.
We were hoping Seattle which is closer for us. Do you think files go to Ottawa first and then to LA? Which office should we put down if ordering GCMS notes?

2joys

Jun 7, 2012
This is the info I got from them:

Family Class sponsorship except for Parents and Grandparents CPP-O: Visas will be issued by the visa office in Los Angeles

Parents and Grand-Parents sponsorship CPP-O: Visas will be issued by the visa office in Seattle

All Economic Classes CPP-O:Visas will be issued by the visa office in Detroit

We put Ottawa for the GCMS notes.

Sec. A
1.Access to informatio
2.eng
3.email
4.no

Sec. B
Check Electronic files
Check Permanent residence
Type Client ID and File #

It took about 30 days for them to email back the notes. But they were helpful. You can order them yourself. It only cost $5. If they have a question they will call you. They called us, we told them that we are going to have an interview and want to know what they are looking for. They sent us both FOSS and GCMS notes, about 35 pages.

I'm going to try and send them the info they wanted, maybe they will deem the interview an unnecessary... I'm talking to my MP about it tomorrow.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
2joys said:
This is the info I got from them:

Family Class sponsorship except for Parents and Grandparents CPP-O: Visas will be issued by the visa office in Los Angeles

Parents and Grand-Parents sponsorship CPP-O: Visas will be issued by the visa office in Seattle

All Economic Classes CPP-O:Visas will be issued by the visa office in Detroit

We put Ottawa for the GCMS notes.

Sec. A
1.Access to informatio
2.eng
3.email
4.no

Sec. B
Check Electronic files
Check Permanent residence
Type Client ID and File #

It took about 30 days for them to email back the notes. But they were helpful. You can order them yourself. It only cost $5. If they have a question they will call you. They called us, we told them that we are going to have an interview and want to know what they are looking for. They sent us both FOSS and GCMS notes, about 35 pages.

I'm going to try and send them the info they wanted, maybe they will deem the interview an unnecessary... I'm talking to my MP about it tomorrow.
Thanks for your detailed note 2joys!
We have ordered GCMS twice when our file was with Buffalo. From the first one we found out we were in queue for an interview with a little "concern note". We sent out some additional papers to address their "concerns" before we ordered the second set of GCMS. From the 2nd GCMS we saw their "concern note" was tapped off and left empty but the note "checked with officer and put with interview queue" was still there. It was there with the first GCMS typed right after the note.
I don't think it will hurt to send them the additional papers but make sure you keep copies of what you send to bring to the interview too. If what you send addresses their concerns, this way your won't be drilled as much at the interview on that at least. As for as if they would void the interview, we're hoping the same. Maybe Ottawa will do things differently. But interview or not, we just want the whole thing done soon and have our lives back!
Wish you luck and speed. ;)