+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview for spousal application

Parwaaz

Feb 3, 2021
Hi
My lawyer revived email that our application is in queue for interview.
we have 10 months old baby . What they are going to ask in interview.
How much it takes time ?
File submitted October 2019
Medical nov 2019
Plz advice

Reactions: Dilsharan

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
How much it takes time ?
Medical nov 2019
Plz advice
Has your child been added to your app yet?

Dilsharan

Jan 14, 2021
Hi
How much it takes time ?
Medical nov 2019
Plz advice
hello I have also submitted file in oct 2019 and we receive email for interview but they have not told when it will be. Like seriously already waited that long and now again wait

Parwaaz

Feb 3, 2021
hello I have also submitted file in oct 2019 and we receive email for interview but they have not told when it will be. Like seriously already waited that long and now again wait
My baby was born in canada and now me and my son both are in India
I m on maternity and it’s hard to live apart for such a long time
When you will get email for interview or weather any instructions like it’s on phone or face to face

Dilsharan

Jan 14, 2021
No we have not receive any information related to that yet just waiting for that last email we receive was on Jan 12 that interview is required and officer will contact you regarding next process

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When you will get email for interview or weather any instructions like it’s on phone or face to face
Are you a citizen or pr?

Reactions: pc8922

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
People have been in queue for interviews for 1+ years now...it's a really challenging time for anyone requiring an interview...

Parwaaz

Feb 3, 2021
No we have not receive any information related to that yet just waiting for that last email we receive was on Jan 12 that interview is required and officer will contact you regarding next process
We also got same email that interview required

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
First, you must be resident in Canada to sponsor, and you must be resident throughout the process - short trips are clearly allowed under the policy, and while there's no specific instruction about what is a short trip, generally held to be less than a month. I mention this because if they arrange an interview or at any point realise you are outside Canada, they could cancel the application (for reason of sponsor being ineligible). It's unclear how strictly they enforce this, but the policy about being resident in Canada is clear.

Interview: they are currently doing virtual interviews but there seems to be a large backlog. Few reports about how these are proceeding. It might be months and months yet - little information available from other reports here.

Interviews are generally about genuineness of the relationship - but sometimes about other issues as well. Hence questions about how well the couple know each other, etc. I believe usually separate interviews but not certain (ie more likely your spouse will be interviewed one-on-one, and you separately). You should order gcms notes to get some idea about what concerns there are. It may clarify if there is a specific reason flagged that led to them wanting interview. (You may / should have an idea of what the concerns are based on your relationship and the typical red flags)

The one thing I'll note: as far as I'm aware, I believe interviews about genuineness of relationship when there are children are somewhat rare. This is why ordering the gcms notes may be helpful.

If IRCC is not aware that you have a child together as you seem to have had the child after applying, you could attempt to make a webform submission with additional information about the child and if any significant points about the relationship that were left out. It won't hurt (as long as you are truthful) and there is a possibility that they will take this information and decide to proceed without an interview. I'm not saying it's a large chance or a guarantee but it's possible it will help.

Reactions: Usr1997

Parwaaz

Feb 3, 2021
First, you must be resident in Canada to sponsor, and you must be resident throughout the process - short trips are clearly allowed under the policy, and while there's no specific instruction about what is a short trip, generally held to be less than a month. I mention this because if they arrange an interview or at any point realise you are outside Canada, they could cancel the application (for reason of sponsor being ineligible). It's unclear how strictly they enforce this, but the policy about being resident in Canada is clear.

Interview: they are currently doing virtual interviews but there seems to be a large backlog. Few reports about how these are proceeding. It might be months and months yet - little information available from other reports here.

Interviews are generally about genuineness of the relationship - but sometimes about other issues as well. Hence questions about how well the couple know each other, etc. I believe usually separate interviews but not certain (ie more likely your spouse will be interviewed one-on-one, and you separately). You should order gcms notes to get some idea about what concerns there are. It may clarify if there is a specific reason flagged that led to them wanting interview. (You may / should have an idea of what the concerns are based on your relationship and the typical red flags)

The one thing I'll note: as far as I'm aware, I believe interviews about genuineness of relationship when there are children are somewhat rare. This is why ordering the gcms notes may be helpful.

If IRCC is not aware that you have a child together as you seem to have had the child after applying, you could attempt to make a webform submission with additional information about the child and if any significant points about the relationship that were left out. It won't hurt (as long as you are truthful) and there is a possibility that they will take this information and decide to proceed without an interview. I'm not saying it's a large chance or a guarantee but it's possible it will help.
My lawyer sent email to iRRC along with birth certificate.
I don’t know weather it’s uploaded or not

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

Ehh, the child thing really makes no difference. I know a man from Egypt, knew his wife growing up, they got married have a son that is 8. He lives in Canada now and has been trying to sponsor his wife and son for over 2 years and they're in the interview queue.

Another woman waiting 8 years was accused of not having a genuine relationship by not having a child and after some time she did have a child and now they're asking her "are you sure the child is your husbands?" There is soooo much discrimination in the family stream....it's sad.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ehh, the child thing really makes no difference. I know a man from Egypt, knew his wife growing up, they got married have a son that is 8. He lives in Canada now and has been trying to sponsor his wife and son for over 2 years and they're in the interview queue.

Another woman waiting 8 years was accused of not having a genuine relationship by not having a child and after some time she did have a child and now they're asking her "are you sure the child is your husbands?" There is soooo much discrimination in the family stream....it's sad.
I think they do make a difference but did not claim that interviews are never held for couples with children. I said they were relatively rare.

Hence the advice to make sure ircc knows about the child.

And to order the gcms notes.

As noted the sponsor appears to be not residing in Canada and that may also be an issue.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I think they do make a difference but did not claim that interviews are never held for couples with children. I said they were relatively rare.

Hence the advice to make sure ircc knows about the child.

And to order the gcms notes.

As noted the sponsor appears to be not residing in Canada and that may also be an issue.
I have heard the interviews are for principal applicant only, have you heard a situation where both had to do the interview?