Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Hi

My wife just got an interview e-mail from NDVO. Anyone with an interview experience at NDVO feel free to share your experience.

ALso, what does she need to take with her to the interview?

Something I found strange is at the bottom of the email it says "please note that the natural parent(s) or guardian must come with the applicant to the interview". Is this normal ?

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Hi , i am also an applicant and received the interview email . At the bottom there aas this line which you mentioned . Please let me know too , if i really need to take my parents with me . This is strange btw as its a spouse category . Thanks .

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Did you get it from NDVO as well? Whats your timeline and when did you get the e-mail? Whens the interview?

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Yes , from NDVO. It was an email from delhi convocation. My interview is on 1st june. My husband applied for my immigration on 9th march from canada only .
So , have you figured out that parents need to join or not ?

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Abhiruchi said:
Yes , from NDVO. It was an email from delhi convocation. My interview is on 1st june. My husband applied for my immigration on 9th march from canada only .
Same as my wife but I applied in November 2016. No I havnt figured it out but I noticed when I log into GCkey and see the message there in the PDF, it doesnt have that line at the bottom. Maybe I should call CIC and ask them.

By the way, why do you think you got an interview? any red flags like big age gap or previous marriages or anything?

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
No , nothing of that sort . I dont really know the reason as our case is totally genuine. Let me know too once u get a clearity on parents interview .

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
married_ind said:
Same as my wife but I applied in November 2016. No I havnt figured it out but I noticed when I log into GCkey and see the message there in the PDF, it doesnt have that line at the bottom. Maybe I should call CIC and ask them.

By the way, why do you think you got an interview? any red flags like big age gap or previous marriages or anything?

I think they do it because in the past there has been alot of marriage fruad coming out of India, Pakistan, Africa, North Africa, middle east,China, Philippines and Cuba some people ruined it for legit couples plus we did inland spousal sponsorship and we are done my husband is from Portugal which is visa exempt and we never did a realtionship interview. Just those counteries I mention us red flags

Reactions: singleman

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
Hope this will help....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-interview-questions-t157678.0.html

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Abhiruchi said:
No , nothing of that sort . I dont really know the reason as our case is totally genuine. Let me know too once u get a clearity on parents interview .
Just wondering, have you and your spouse met again and stayed together after getting married? I think for us that might be the reason for the interview as we didn't stay together as I didn't have any more days off from my job.

Simmi100

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Are you 2017 NDVO applicant?

New application package is straight forward and no need to panic, They don't create problem if marriage is genuine.

Abhiruchi said:

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
Simmi100 said:
Are you 2017 NDVO applicant?

New application package is straight forward and no need to panic, They don't create problem if marriage is genuine.
HI , yes i am 2017 applicant . Interview is fine for me as our marriage is genuine but just wondering that why they have mentioned about parents coming along with me in this interview .

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
married_ind said:
Just wondering, have you and your spouse met again and stayed together after getting married? I think for us that might be the reason for the interview as we didn't stay together as I didn't have any more days off from my job.
Yes we stayed together for almost one month after marriage and travelled to two different countries for our honeymoon . May be interviews are mandatory now .
Your wife's medical is done or not ? I have heard that medical used to be done before interview but i am not asked for it as of now.

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Abhiruchi said:
Yes we stayed together for almost one month after marriage and travelled to two different countries for our honeymoon . May be interviews are mandatory now .
Your wife's medical is done or not ? I have heard that medical used to be done before interview but i am not asked for it as of now.
Yea my wife's medical is done, it shows medical passed since December. We did our application in November so we used the old package. At that time we had to do our medical upfront which we did.

Abhiruchi

May 4, 2017
married_ind said:
Yea my wife's medical is done, it shows medical passed since December. We did our application in November so we used the old package. At that time we had to do our medical upfront which we did.
Oh ok . I have emailed back for confirming parents visit . Lets see if they revert back or not .

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Oh ok . I have emailed back for confirming parents visit . Lets see if they revert back or not .
Hi again,

I asked in another thread, and it seems the parents thing doesn't apply to us.