mira.r

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mira.r said:
Good news:
cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-international-students-1.3483347
"Express entry review to ease path to permanent residency for foreign students - International students are the 'cream of the crop', says Immigration Minister" - (source - CBC News)

Hopefully, the budget brings us something good! :)

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what I said earlier in this thread.. It was simply a plain mistake to treat international student the same with general applicants... Fortunately, not all politicians in this country is an idiot like the previous immigration minister. John McCallum is correct and hopefully he can clean this "mess" in express entry system very soon..

To. Mr. John, Dear Sir, please let us know should you need any hands. There are lots of international students across Canada who are more than willing to volunteer and help you to clean this stupidity.

To all international student folks, hang on tight here. $hit happens all the time but good things come to those who believe. Just as John McCallum said, you guys are cream of the crop in term of immigration.

When you're in doubt, Just remember this:

1. Canada NEEDS immigrants. PERIOD.
2. International students are the best choice for Canada for its immigration purposes.
3. The minister said "We must do more to attract students to this country as permanent residents".

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hansdza said:
That's what I said earlier in this thread.. It was simply a plain mistake to treat international student the same with general applicants... Fortunately, not all politicians in this country is an idiot like the previous immigration minister. John McCallum is correct and hopefully he can clean this "mess" in express entry system very soon..

To. Mr. John, Dear Sir, please let us know should you need any hands. There are lots of international students across Canada who are more than willing to volunteer and help you to clean this stupidity.

To all international student folks, hang on tight here. $hit happens all the time but good things come to those who believe. Just as John McCallum said, you guys are cream of the crop in term of immigration.

2. International students are the best choice for Canada for its immigration purposes.
3. The minister said "We must do more to attract students to this country as permanent residents".
Can't wait to see what the new changes are going to be. Hopefully it'll put us back on the game !

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hansdza said:

Agreed. "International students are the best source of immigrants, in the sense that they're educated, they're young, they speak English or French, they know something of the country,"

To the people who don't agree, please stay away from this topic. This topic is created to share news, updates and help people if they have any questions and problems. We're already impacted and suffered by the fault. We don't problem with the system. In fact, very good, they're processing applications within 6 months. We just need them to improve. And Government even realized this. Then who are you to oppose and criticize.

Peace.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
If this link was not shared here than, good news might be on the corner.
As i said in my previous comments, have faith in the current govt. they are working towards the betterment.

Good luck all!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-international-students-1.3483347

Jessicaqu1988

Oct 1, 2015
kirtivsingh said:
If this link was not shared here than, good news might be on the corner.
As i said in my previous comments, have faith in the current govt. they are working towards the betterment.

Good luck all!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-international-students-1.3483347

Very good news. Thanks for sharing.
Let's hope the best for us.
''Us' means educated, qualified international students.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope that something good is announced for international students on 22nd march by john mccallum.
good luck friends

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Honeyaustin said:
hope that something good is announced for international students on 22nd march by john mccallum.
good luck friends
Really, anything without actions is thin air. I wouldn't count on it just yet. It's a good sign nonetheless, even it doesn't matter to me anymore.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
mf4361 said:
Really, anything without actions is thin air. I wouldn't count on it just yet. It's a good sign nonetheless, even it doesn't matter to me anymore.
It doesn't matter to me either now, but I Have few friends who are really counting on the better change :(

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mf4361 said:
yes agreed fingers crossed hope for the best

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even it doesn't matter for me either way as I am already a PR now..

But it is not about me, it's about all international students who are still struggling with the EE scoring system.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kirtivsingh said:
It doesn't matter to me either now, but I Have few friends who are really counting on the better change :(
Yes, When I eventually become PR, I want a better Canada than it is now.

P

pnpab

lisizi said:
Pnpab,
Why dont you get 600 points with AINP nomination?
Because AINP is not integrated with AINP yet. AINP does not have any quota for express entry applications.

Vancity0012

Jan 23, 2016
What i think Express entry system is fine. It's not working for those who did 1 year study and have 1 year work permit moreover don't have any work experience. When you get your study permit it doesn't say anywhere that you will get pr for sure and you say that time that you will leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay. 1 Year ones are not better than outlanders or who have done 2 years masters in Canada. It's obvious they can't give pr to each and everyone.

lisizi

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancity0012 said:
What i think Express entry system is fine. It's not working for those who did 1 year study and have 1 year work permit moreover don't have any work experience. When you get your study permit it doesn't say anywhere that you will get pr for sure and you say that time that you will leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay. 1 Year ones are not better than outlanders or who have done 2 years masters in Canada. It's obvious they can't give pr to each and everyone.
Come on! Enough already!
This post is for int. students and non haters!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.