+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Students who got their study permit approval after 18th March ,VFS and Other Details , Online Education

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Hey Hi @sandhuamrit

I am also willing to do everything on my own at age 31, so could it be easy for me to start the process now for fall 2020 intake.
Does age matter for students visa.
If so what all things I need to do.

Thanks in anticipation
Hi Sam ,

Nice to hear that you want to handle your application by yourself, instead of following consultants.

To answer your question, I am 32 years old . The only thing matters is your purpose of study and genuineness . If you can prove your intentions
with valid proofs, have sufficient funds and good academic background than nobody can stop your visa .

As VFS centers are currently closed, you may submit your application Online but again you have to wait for the guidelines related to biometrics. I would advice you to opt for the January intake as situation will be much clear by then. Moreover, you will get enough time to prepare your documents and opt for the universities you want to apply for . Note majority of the colleges and university have already moved the fall session online. In person classes will not resume before Jan 2021 except for some specific courses

Last edited:
Reactions: Timj

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hey Hi @sandhuamrit

I am also willing to do everything on my own at age 31, so could it be easy for me to start the process now for fall 2020 intake.
Does age matter for students visa.
If so what all things I need to do.

Thanks in anticipation
Just keep in mind that processing times from some countries are extended due to COVID so might be a challenge to get either an offer for fall and a study permit in time.

Also many institutions are planning to start fall as online courses which might not suit everyone.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
Hi Sam ,

Nice to hear that you want to handle your application by yourself, instead of following consultants.

To answer your question, I am 32 years old . The only thing matters is your purpose of study and genuineness . If you can prove your intentions
with valid proofs, have sufficient funds and good academic background than nobody can stop your visa .

As VFS centers are currently closed, you may submit your application Online but again you have to wait for the guidelines related to biometrics. I would advice you to opt for the January intake as situation will be much clear by then. Moreover, you will get enough time to prepare your documents and opt for the universities you want to apply for . Note majority of the colleges and university have already moved the fall session online. In person classes will not resume before Jan 2021 except for some specific courses
Hello sir, congratulations for your visa, I am also applying on my own without any agent. I have a doubt regarding uploading individual semester marksheets, Few people told me that semester marksheets needs to get notarized before uploading, Is this true? Can I just simply upload scanned copies of my original marksheets, Since you got visa I think you are the most appropriate person to answer this question. I am applying online under SDS category.

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Hello sir, congratulations for your visa, I am also applying on my own without any agent. I have a doubt regarding uploading individual semester marksheets, Few people told me that semester marksheets needs to get notarized before uploading, Is this true? Can I just simply upload scanned copies of my original marksheets, Since you got visa I think you are the most appropriate person to answer this question. I am applying online under SDS category.
Hi Vihang,
Hope you are doing good.

Thanks!

No need to notarized any document. Just upload the documents in original. I have also done the same.

Feel free to ask if you have any other question

smukher7

Jul 7, 2020
Hi @sandhuamrit Hope you are doing well. I'm about to apply under SDS, and have a couple of queries and it would be great if you could help me out.
The application mentions that we need to attach the most recent transcripts, a bachelor's degree in my case. Did you attach your 10th and 12th marksheets as well? My query arises due to the fact that I have three years gap between my 12th and bachelor's.
The second query is that should I attach ITRs or any other financial documents after the Letter of explanation? Also, how did you address your gap, and the fact that you'll come back after your degree in your letter of explanation/SOP?

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
Hello Guys !!!
I Hope everyone is doing well and in good health.

First of all, I would like to congratulate all of you , who got their approval at this uncertain time of covid 19- (at least we have something to celebrate for a while, Hurray!!)

Please share the details of your journey so that we can help others, by answering repeated questions asked by study visa aspirants.

1. Time Line of your application
2. How are you going to submit your Passport, as VFS are currently closed in India(also share the details if got any communication from IRCC regarding this )
3. Your Travel plans
4. Have your college or University moved the Fall 2020 session online
5. Your opinion on eLearing in Fall 2020 .

My details :
Applied by self, without involving any agent or consultant
University Applied - DalHousie University , Halifax , Nova Scotia
Program : Master of Engineering Internetworking
Study Gap : Almost 9 Year
Experience : 5 + Years(IT Software Developer)
Education:B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering (71%) + Post Graduation Diploma in Statistics (Ongoing)
Prepared for Civil Services = for almost four years
IELTS = 7 , with more than 6 Each
Applied for study visa on 10th February 2020 , SDS category for May 2020
Biometric Letter Received - 11th Feb
Biometric done : 13 Feb
Deferred to September 2020 , In April ( Due to Covid), this intake will be taken Online

Application status changed to approved and passport request letter received on 21st May 2020

Now waiting for VFS centers to open for passport submission
Thanks for sharing the details. really helpful.

I have some doubts and similar situation of deferral admission.

My MBA program start date was 1st Sept 2019. Recently, it has been changed to 11th Jan 2020 due to the Covid-19 situation. One week back, I received the revised acceptance letter clearly stating the changes made in the start date of the program.

I have applied for the study permit with the old acceptance letter and my application is still under process. My questions are

1. As I have the new acceptance letter shall I inform this to the IRCC?
  2. If yes, how to communicate the same and how Does it impact the processing time?
  3. If I don’t share this information with IRCC and show my new acceptance letter at the port of entry in Canada, will it be legitimate?

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Hi @sandhuamrit Hope you are doing well. I'm about to apply under SDS, and have a couple of queries and it would be great if you could help me out.
The application mentions that we need to attach the most recent transcripts, a bachelor's degree in my case. Did you attach your 10th and 12th marksheets as well? My query arises due to the fact that I have three years gap between my 12th and bachelor's.
The second query is that should I attach ITRs or any other financial documents after the Letter of explanation? Also, how did you address your gap, and the fact that you'll come back after your degree in your letter of explanation/SOP?
Hi

Yes it is highly recommended that you should attach your 10th and 12th Mark sheets. You can make a combined pdf of all education documents and try to include any certification, honors, awards or extra curricular activities(in form of certificates) in the pdf. Talking about the Gap year, give legitimate proofs what you have did or achieved in that gap years . For example I was preparing for Engineering entrance exams after 10+2 for two years, have a job experience of 5 years after graduation and have prepared for the civil services for almost 3 years. Do include all the financial documents , like ITrs, parents pay slips , letter from the employer of your parents , property on your name if any , bank statements including your parents etc. in the single pdf along with the SOP.

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Thanks for sharing the details. really helpful.

I have some doubts and similar situation of deferral admission.

My MBA program start date was 1st Sept 2019. Recently, it has been changed to 11th Jan 2020 due to the Covid-19 situation. One week back, I received the revised acceptance letter clearly stating the changes made in the start date of the program.

I have applied for the study permit with the old acceptance letter and my application is still under process. My questions are

1. As I have the new acceptance letter shall I inform this to the IRCC?
  2. If yes, how to communicate the same and how Does it impact the processing time?
  3. If I don’t share this information with IRCC and show my new acceptance letter at the port of entry in Canada, will it be legitimate?
Hi Vivek,

As mentioned on the CIC website, if your session has been deferred, you need not to share the updated acceptance letter with the IRCC, till they ask you for the this. In my case, I was supposed to start my studies in May intake but was deferred to September. They have not asked me for the updated acceptance letter , but yes I have submitted webform with the new acceptance letter. But still, I recommend its mentioned on the website , no need to submit this.

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
Hi Vivek,

As mentioned on the CIC website, if your session has been deferred, you need not to share the updated acceptance letter with the IRCC, till they ask you for the this. In my case, I was supposed to start my studies in May intake but was deferred to September. They have not asked me for the updated acceptance letter , but yes I have submitted webform with the new acceptance letter. But still, I recommend its mentioned on the website , no need to submit this.
@[B]sandhuamrit[/B] thanks for the information. Really appreciate your effort.
It would be really helpful if you could share the link of the details you mentioned.

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
@[B]sandhuamrit[/B] thanks for the information. Really appreciate your effort.
It would be really helpful if you could share the link of the details you mentioned.
Hey Vivek ,
I am currently occupied with some important piece of work wont be able to provide you with the link .

I remember , I have read it twice somewhere on the website where they have mentioned it. Recommend you to search for it, you may find something, or on the safer side just submit the updated offer letter using webform (though it is not required).

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
Hi Vihang,
Hope you are doing good.

Thanks!

No need to notarized any document. Just upload the documents in original. I have also done the same.

Feel free to ask if you have any other question
Thank you sir for your Reply I have few other doubts also,
1. If i am applying under SDS category, Paid my first year tution fees and have GIC, Then also Do i need to show any financial proofs like ITRs and property etc?.

2. In the form IMM1294e(Application for study permit made outside of Canada) At the bottom we have to sign it, So should i first fill the form in computer, then validate it, print it, sign, sacn it and after that upload it?

Thank you.

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Thank you sir for your Reply I have few other doubts also,
1. If i am applying under SDS category, Paid my first year tution fees and have GIC, Then also Do i need to show any financial proofs like ITRs and property etc?.

2. In the form IMM1294e(Application for study permit made outside of Canada) At the bottom we have to sign it, So should i first fill the form in computer, then validate it, print it, sign, sacn it and after that upload it?

Thank you.
1. Yes, you must include all those financial documents even if, you have paid your first year fee. This will make your case strong and officer will not doubt on your financial capabilities to support yourself in Canada.

2. No need to take print out and sign for 1294e(this is also mentioned in the guidelines ). Only family information form should be printed out and signed.

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
1. Yes, you must include all those financial documents even if, you have paid your first year fee. This will make your case strong and officer will not doubt on your financial capabilities to support yourself in Canada.

2. No need to take print out and sign for 1294e(this is also mentioned in the guidelines ). Only family information form should be printed out and signed.

Where should I upload my certificates of Internships and various achievements which I am going to mention in SOP? Should I attach them with SOP in a single PDF and then upload it under "Client information" section?

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Although it says online it is 20 calendar, has anyone experienced more than 20 days??. I am almost ready for the SDS from India and I am considering September Intake. How does the current timeline look like?

sandhuamrit

Jul 27, 2019
Although it says online it is 20 calendar, has anyone experienced more than 20 days??. I am almost ready for the SDS from India and I am considering September Intake. How does the current timeline look like?
Do not go with the quoted timelines of IRCC. As the embassy is working with limited capacity and reduced staff, delay is quite expected in the application procession, even if you are applying under the SDS category. Also, question on biometric collection is still not clear so this may cause further delay in the processing for fall intake.