Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
The "new" rule was pretty much the old rule before Bill C-24. It is just rolling back to what Conservative at their good days had before.

It is like getting robbed and picking up the same amount of money. 1-1+1 = 1.

What to be so excited about?

And this is from Liberal right? Somehow I sense Liberal is making it so perhaps to get refugees to have more privileges than immigrants.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep It's all about conditional PR. The important thing is they get rid off this 2 years timeline which is better than waiting for extra two years.

pfse said:
These are old news and were discussed here several times. It's not like spouse's application will be processed faster. It is about replacing "conditional PR" status for spouses at the time they granted PR with "full" PR status instead. But there is no word that the applications will be processed any faster.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's right Liberal give prioritize more on refugees than Immigrants , I think it's matter of circumstances where it's require to put more efforts to resettle refugees on Canadian soil while keep working on Citizenship and PR process.

We all waiting for PR as well where we spent so much time and money to settle on Canadian soil through our skill & education. So I wish they can also more focus on skill Immigrants who already here in Canada and working to help Canadian Economy more stronger.

nuke noodles said:
The "new" rule was pretty much the old rule before Bill C-24. It is just rolling back to what Conservative at their good days had before.

And this is from Liberal right? Somehow I sense Liberal is making it so perhaps to get refugees to have more privileges than immigrants.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
nuke noodles said:

Yes, they are revoking Bill C24 which was imposed by the Cons.

No, it's not getting robbed and win a lottery of the same amount. It's getting robbed, then cops catch the thieves and retrieve your things.

It's exciting because we are getting back the rights we lost.

And mind you, the social privilege of PR is very similar to citizens except for passport (hence foreign convenience and protection from Canada) and the right to vote and run for governments.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There you go.. Canadian immigration system and policies.. keep changing over time.. Conditional PR for 2 year after sponsorship is approved? The only reason is to prevent fake marriages. Instead of catching and punishing those who did such fake marriages. They imposed 2 yrs conditional PR regardless if the marriage is genuine or not.

50% time credit maximum 1 year for those who have been living in Canada prior to become a PR. It's the old rule that was eliminated by C-24. Now they will apply that rule again. Nothing new..

Let see what will happen in four years from now if the PC wins election again..

kemperguitar

Feb 24, 2016
Hansdza said:
There you go.. Canadian immigration system and policies.. keep changing over time.. Conditional PR for 2 year after sponsorship is approved? The only reason is to prevent fake marriages. Instead of catching and punishing those who did such fake marriages. They imposed 2 yrs conditional PR regardless if the marriage is genuine or not.

50% time credit maximum 1 year for those who have been living in Canada prior to become a PR. It's the old rule that was eliminated by C-24. Now they will apply that rule again. Nothing new..

Let see what will happen in four years from now if the PC wins election again..
Please stop talking about fake marriages... no one's interested in doing it.
It's useless on this forum just as much as LMIA is useless and waste of time.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kemperguitar said:
Please stop talking about fake marriages... no one's interested in doing it.
It's useless on this forum just as much as LMIA is useless and waste of time.
Actually, many people are going with the LMIA route which I think is being abused by many companies. I know many guys who were international students, but they could not find a job due to low gpa and lack of skills. They then move to work as construction worker, painter, landscaper which weirdly are classified as NOC B jobs and then pay some small/family owned companies to sponsor them through LMIA. It's just frustrating to know that some people have an easy way to get the PR while other intl students are working their asses off in some white collar jobs and getting no where.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
kemperguitar said:
I'm going with landscaping as well.

The bigger companies simply don't listen to this kind of request unless they hire you as their CEO.

They will not call you the next day when you ask them for LMIA and two months waiting time.

LMIA is to me looks like just a faulty and outdated program. They should replace it with an examination for assessing qualification.
If they don't want foreign workers to hinder Canadian workers, why can't they just make us not able to work for certain Canadian-operated companies by law?
I'm not even interested in working for them honestly.
If they replace LMIA with PR that prohibits foreign workers from getting a job at certain popular Canadian-operated companies, it will save everybody's time and money.

If this happens:
- No Canadian guys will be disturbed for getting a job at well-known Canadian companies
- Foreign workers will save so much time and money by avoiding LMIA
- It will make immigration process easier by reducing work force for assessing and managing LMIA program.
- No more employers will be confused by meeting people who are troubled with LMIA.
- No more employers will waste time.
- No more EE candidate will waste time and money.

Not many foreign workers are crazy about working at big companies. Some people are just okay working for small companies but we all should go through assessment procedure because LMIA people are afraid if we're going to hinder Canadian workers.
This generalization is wasting so many people's time.
My husband works for a large international company and they were more than happy to get him an LMIA in order for us to apply for PR (and he's not a CEO!). In fact, his LMIA was PR specific so was only valid for 6 months and didn't cost his company any fee to get it. His company didn't want to lose him as his skills are not easily replicated here and our only way of guaranteeing an ITA was to get the 600 points from the LMIA. Saying that, it wasn't an easy process and took almost 5 months for it to be completed.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
kemperguitar said:
That's good for him.
But how could they wait for him for 5 months?
Most of companies I've visited in Toronto couldn't wait for that long time. They don't hire employees in that manner.

I imagine he has a very long work experience at bigger companies in his home country.
This is not the case for the most of people, well.....
Sorry, should have said we are inland applicants. But would they not hire you on a work permit til your PR came thro? My husband landed in Toronto with a letter etc from his employer and he was able to get his work permit at immigration - he has since renewed it twice. He was an intra-company transferee so not sure if that changes anything, however, he still had to apply and interview for the job. He wasn't even permanently based in Toronto - he was 2 weeks in Canada and 2 weeks back home for almost a year before we moved. His WP is not based on an LMIA.

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
LIMA is outrageous. It is the single most ridiculous requirement I see from the CIC in a long, long while. It made Canada looked like some third-world pit where foreigners are not welcomed at all. i.e. Russia. Any media publications about how LMIA impedes international students and FWs from getting PR, are filled with comments from "native" Canadians on how much they hate FWs from "taking" their jobs. Some fair competitions and hiring by merit surely upsets them. Sometimes I just want to yell at their face: FWs got jobs coz some of them are smart and hard-working, you as a native Canadian don't coz you might be lazy and dumb!

One of the worst things about LMIA is, it effectively destroyed some good culture diversity in this country. For example, some foreign cuisine restaurants which import chefs and waitresses from aboard had to close down, due to no LMIA and no budget to get WP for them.

Way to go CIC!

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh yes that's right plus many organization in Canada reject this case if their employees want LMIA , companies have to disclose all information if they agree upon to give LMIA.
I have seen many of my friends are currently working in major banks and other companies in canada on good position, but they don't have much point in order to qualify for express entry , hence they all in dilemma where they wouldn't sure whether they got ITA soon coz they came here in canada after 12th grade and don't have degree either ,so no hopes how to cop with this situation.

By the time if this happening continuously without any change, then for sure many of resourceful candidates who already working in Canada and already contributing to economy are struggling enough to get PR due to not able to get LMIA. On other hand, persons who are working in Subway, MacDonald and other restaurants etc are easily get LMIA and will soon to be get PR.

I really wish CIC should focus on this that good candidates will soon to be loosing job if they didn't qualify to receive ITA and hence not getting PR, chances are more to quit even after spending more years in Canada. :(

nuke noodles said:
LIMA is outrageous. It is the single most ridiculous requirement I see from the CIC in a long, long while. It made Canada looked like some third-world pit where foreigners are not welcomed at all. i.e. Russia. Any media publications about how LMIA impedes international students and FWs from getting PR, are filled with comments from "native" Canadians on how much they hate FWs from "taking" their jobs. Some fair competitions and hiring by merit surely upsets them. Sometimes I just want to yell at their face: FWs got jobs coz some of them are smart and hard-working, you as a native Canadian don't coz you might be lazy and dumb!

One of the worst things about LMIA is, it effectively destroyed some good culture diversity in this country. For example, some foreign cuisine restaurants which import chefs and waitresses from aboard had to close down, due to no LMIA and no budget to get WP for them.

Way to go CIC!