+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Mature Students

Raj71

Jul 11, 2015
Hello Everyone!

This is my first topic on this forum. I have been following this forum for sometime and appreciate the way members participate in debates trying to help each other. Watching all this I got inspired to post my question to seek help / suggestion / guidance with experience you people have earned.

Just to provice some background information about me; I am Rajesh from India. My age is 43 Years and this August, I will turn 44. I am married and have two children 17½ and 14 years old. I am into Printing business which is doing just fine but not as I expected it to be despite of all my best efforts.

I have been an average student. After 10th in 1987, I started Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. I completed it in 1991 (1988-1991) but unfortunately, I could not pass it successfully since I had few supplies in few subjects which I never went again to clear. Got job as Hardware Engineer at a private company. Left this job after a year due to unhealthy working atmosphere. Took two more jobs and started my printing business in 1997. Since then am in same business.

In 1995, I passed 10+2 Arts privately with around 45% marks. In 2011 I joined B.Sc (IT) first year from a Study Center approved by Punjab Technical University and in November 2013, I completed my graduation with first division.

Now, from someone, I came to know about Manitoba MPNP program. I do not qualify under Express. Another option also doesn't work as I do not have any close relative or friend to sponsor me.

My question is, Is it possible to undertake any 8-10 months course (starting in September) at Manitoba University or MITT and qualify for MPNP program. Is it possible to find job and get work permit after completing the course? As I checked the eligibility condition for such courses, I am eligible and got it confirmed from MITT through email. Only question now is, Will the embassy or concerned authority will issue me Study Permit at age of 43?

Course is related to my business and its title is Graphic and Print Technician. Its about 10 months course.

I have also taken IELTS GT exam on 13th June 2015 and the result is as follows :

R = 7.5
L = 7.0
W = 6.5
S = 6.5

Overall = 7

To be very honest, All this exercise is just to settle down in Manitoba and get a work permit at Manitoba (Canda).

Regards and thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's really impossible for any of us to say whether a study permit will be approved for you or not. Given your age and your past education - it may be difficult for you to convince CIC that you are a genuine student - especially if you are only taking an 8-10 month course. You'll need to explain why you want to take this course at this point in your career - and why you have to take in in Canada.

If you finish an 8 or 10 month course - then you will get an 8 or 10 month work permit. Whether you'll be able to find a job - no one here can answer.

If you want to go the student route, it would be far wiser to take a 2 year course so that you qualify for a three 3 year work permit afterwards. This may also make it easier to prove that you are a genuine student rather than just someone who is trying to use a study permit as a means of immigrating to Canada.

Raj71

Jul 11, 2015
scylla said:
It's really impossible for any of us to say whether a study permit will be approved for you or not. Given your age and your past education - it may be difficult for you to convince CIC that you are a genuine student - especially if you are only taking an 8-10 month course. You'll need to explain why you want to take this course at this point in your career - and why you have to take in in Canada.

If you finish an 8 or 10 month course - then you will get an 8 or 10 month work permit. Whether you'll be able to find a job - no one here can answer.

If you want to go the student route, it would be far wiser to take a 2 year course so that you qualify for a three 3 year work permit afterwards. This may also make it easier to prove that you are a genuine student rather than just someone who is trying to use a study permit as a means of immigrating to Canada.
Thank You scylla for your prompt and kind reply.

I do understand the problems getting admission at this age. It would be really difficult to convince being genuine student. The reason I have chosen course "Graphic and Print Technician" at MITT because I am already in Printing Business without any qualification in Printing. I am not sure to what degree this would help me convince the Visa Officer being my genuine student who want to gain qualification in profession he is in for long.

Another course which according to your suggestion for 2 years course could be related to Computers and Information Technology since I graduated in B.Sc. (IT) in 2013.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Raj71 said:
Thank You scylla for your prompt and kind reply.

I do understand the problems getting admission at this age. It would be really difficult to convince being genuine student. The reason I have chosen course "Graphic and Print Technician" at MITT because I am already in Printing Business without any qualification in Printing. I am not sure to what degree this would help me convince the Visa Officer being my genuine student who want to gain qualification in profession he is in for long.

Another course which according to your suggestion for 2 years course could be related to Computers and Information Technology since I graduated in B.Sc. (IT) in 2013.
If you have further questions I would recommend that you post them to the International Students section of the forum.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hello Everyone!

This is my first topic on this forum. I have been following this forum for sometime and appreciate the way members participate in debates trying to help each other. Watching all this I got inspired to post my question to seek help / suggestion / guidance with experience you people have earned.

Just to provice some background information about me; I am Rajesh from India. My age is 43 Years and this August, I will turn 44. I am married and have two children 17½ and 14 years old. I am into Printing business which is doing just fine but not as I expected it to be despite of all my best efforts.

I have been an average student. After 10th in 1987, I started Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. I completed it in 1991 (1988-1991) but unfortunately, I could not pass it successfully since I had few supplies in few subjects which I never went again to clear. Got job as Hardware Engineer at a private company. Left this job after a year due to unhealthy working atmosphere. Took two more jobs and started my printing business in 1997. Since then am in same business.

In 1995, I passed 10+2 Arts privately with around 45% marks. In 2011 I joined B.Sc (IT) first year from a Study Center approved by Punjab Technical University and in November 2013, I completed my graduation with first division.

Now, from someone, I came to know about Manitoba MPNP program. I do not qualify under Express. Another option also doesn't work as I do not have any close relative or friend to sponsor me.

My question is, Is it possible to undertake any 8-10 months course (starting in September) at Manitoba University or MITT and qualify for MPNP program. Is it possible to find job and get work permit after completing the course? As I checked the eligibility condition for such courses, I am eligible and got it confirmed from MITT through email. Only question now is, Will the embassy or concerned authority will issue me Study Permit at age of 43?

Course is related to my business and its title is Graphic and Print Technician. Its about 10 months course.

I have also taken IELTS GT exam on 13th June 2015 and the result is as follows :

R = 7.5
L = 7.0
W = 6.5
S = 6.5

Overall = 7

To be very honest, All this exercise is just to settle down in Manitoba and get a work permit at Manitoba (Canda).

Regards and thanks in advance.
I know it's very old post but I saw it now..Did u get student visa??

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
I dont know if this is going to help any of you guys. But I was a mature student here in Ontario. I graduated 2 years ago, and I was 35 when I graduated and 33 when I started my college. It was the best 2 years of my life, I will never regret studying here in Canada, even if it was super expensive. It was great experience, more of a problem is getting PR for us mature ex-international students. I think Canada should do more in this department. But yea I mean if you are over 30 or over 35 or even 40, and if you really want to study abroad, if thats your passion, I will say GO AHEAD. You only have one life and you will ask yourself on your death bed, why didnt you do it? Dont live in regrets, thats the worst. Take a chance even if you fail, at least you will live your life.