+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interest to sponser invite

Harb24

Dec 17, 2023
My fill an interest to sponsor form in 2020 for both of my parents and got an invite to file an application. They are both in India. dad had a stroke last year and he is disabled, can’t walk so it’s hard for us to apply for passport in India. Can I apply for just my mom and say he’s not accompanied on his appointment?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My fill an interest to sponsor form in 2020 for both of my parents and got an invite to file an application. They are both in India. dad had a stroke last year and he is disabled, can’t walk so it’s hard for us to apply for passport in India. Can I apply for just my mom and say he’s not accompanied on his appointment?
For PGP, no. Both must be included in the application even if non accompanying. He must pass the medical. If he doesn’t pass the medical or get passport then your mom’s application is refused. If refused due to medical inadmissibility, you will want to hire a lawyer to prove that he will not be a burden on the health care system.

Reactions: Harb24

Harb24

Dec 17, 2023
For PGP, no. Both must be included in the application even if non accompanying. He must pass the medical. If he doesn’t pass the medical or get passport then your mom’s application is refused. If refused due to medical inadmissibility, you will want to hire a lawyer to prove that he will not be a burden on the health care system.

Harb24

Dec 17, 2023
Thank you for your quick reply. Can I attach a doctors note to my dad’s application describing the reason. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your quick reply. Can I attach a doctors note to my dad’s application describing the reason. Thanks
No. What is the purpose of the note? He takes the medical. He either passes or fails the medical. If he doesn’t provide information - medical, police check, passport etc. the application is refused for both him and your mother.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it is mandatory that your father take and pass the medical in order for your mother's application to be approved. There are no exceptions granted and a doctors note will not change this situation.

If your father is unable to take the medical at all, then I'm not sure it makes sense to spend the money to apply since your mother's application is guaranteed to be refused. Even if he is able to take the medical, the chances of refusal due to medical inadmissibility / excessive burden will still be very high. Unfortunately if your father fails the medical then your mother's application will not be approved.

Given your father's situation, it may make more sense not to apply for PR and to spend the money towards a super visa for your mother instead (if she doesn't have one already).

Good luck.