+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intention to live outside Quebec

grimmzerro

Sep 16, 2019
If you are still living & working in Quebec. Officer will ask you to prove your intent with evidence, to live outside Quebec. I got 7 days to to show this intent.
Hi. Did you get your PR. What evidence did you provide to the officer? Where did you validate your CORP? I mean at IRCC office or at the border. If at the border at what point exactly.

Sorry for so many questions. I am myself going through EE and currently is residing in Quebec. I've already got my COPR and am making an appointment. Would love to be prepared for everything.

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Hi. Did you get your PR. What evidence did you provide to the officer? Where did you validate your CORP? I mean at IRCC office or at the border. If at the border at what point exactly.

Sorry for so many questions. I am myself going through EE and currently is residing in Quebec. I've already got my COPR and am making an appointment. Would love to be prepared for everything.
Did you also get such request from CIC, while your application was under process?

I am yet to upload a reply. Let me know please.

Thanks!

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Did you also get such request from CIC, while your application was under process?

Thanks!
Since I haven't replied to CIC yet, my application is still under process.

grimmzerro

Sep 16, 2019

Thanks!
Hi I didn't get any requests while my application was in process. Moreover, as I said, I have already got my CORP which says that PR was approved.

I just thought you already had the interview with the officer and could share some advice on how you proved that you won't reside in QC.

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
If you are still living & working in Quebec. Officer will ask you to prove your intent with evidence, to live outside Quebec. I got 7 days to to show this intent.
Thanks @bhavin24 for the reply. What documents are you currently presenting to show the evidence? For few people, I heard that they don't even ask for letter of intent.

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi I didn't get any requests while my application was in process. Moreover, as I said, I have already got my CORP which says that PR was approved.

I just thought you already had the interview with the officer and could share some advice on how you proved that you won't reside in QC.
Hello @grimmzerro,
Did you upload the letter of intent with your application before any request?

grimmzerro

Sep 16, 2019
Hello @grimmzerro,
Did you upload the letter of intent with your application before any request?
Hi. No one asked any letters of intent. There was just a question in one of the forms "where are you going to live" we said BC which is true and we lived there for more than a year. I think that's the reason we haven't been asked anything.
We were trying to make an appointment, but since we are in QC, they said that we can't do it here, we asked for an appointment in Ottawa, we'll see how it goes.
In the worst case we will flagpol at one of POE.

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019

Got it.I am not at that stage yet, so I do not have answers to your questions for now. Best of luck!

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Thanks @bhavin24 for the reply. What documents are you currently presenting to show the evidence? For few people, I heard that they don't even ask for letter of intent.
I am working on getting a letter from HR stating a transfer request to our office in Ontario. Plus a letter of explanation. I do not have a lease and I can't arrange it in short time. So I am planning to mention that and start working on building ties with Ontario province.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Hi all,

Would appreciate it if you could share what steps you took to show your intent to leave Quebec, and if it was successful.
I am in the same boat right now. Reside and work in Quebec on a closed work permit, and applied for PR under CEC.

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Hi all,

Would appreciate it if you could share what steps you took to show your intent to leave Quebec, and if it was successful.
I am in the same boat right now. Reside and work in Quebec on a closed work permit, and applied for PR under CEC.
When did you apply? Is your medical done?

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi. No one asked any letters of intent. There was just a question in one of the forms "where are you going to live" we said BC which is true and we lived there for more than a year. I think that's the reason we haven't been asked anything.
We were trying to make an appointment, but since we are in QC, they said that we can't do it here, we asked for an appointment in Ottawa, we'll see how it goes.
In the worst case we will flagpol at one of POE.

Hello @grimmzerro ,
Thanks for your reply. Could you please let me know that how long did it take for you to get the "PR application approved status" after you submitted all the documents within that 60 days time period that you get after receiving PR invitation.

Thanks

Jun 19, 2019
Hi @grimmzerro ,@legalfalcon
I am in a situation where my job is at the university of Saskatchewan, but I am relocated to Quebec. I received a Procedural fairness letter to get a residential proof from saskatoon which I did as my driver's licence and rent. However my job demands I still work in Quebec till the expiry of my work permit till December 2019. Would it be fishy to get an interview in Quebec or Ottawa? or can I flagpole at a POE near quebec. I have 2 dependents if I receive my PPR or COPR. Please help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @grimmzerro ,@legalfalcon
I am in a situation where my job is at the university of Saskatchewan, but I am relocated to Quebec. I received a Procedural fairness letter to get a residential proof from saskatoon which I did as my driver's licence and rent. However my job demands I still work in Quebec till the expiry of my work permit till December 2019. Would it be fishy to get an interview in Quebec or Ottawa? or can I flagpole at a POE near quebec. I have 2 dependents if I receive my PPR or COPR. Please help
The law is clear on this.

“The geographic requirement in subsection 75(1) contemplates where a foreign national intends to reside, not where she or he resides presently. Certainly, current residence may serve as evidence of a foreign national’s intentions, but it cannot be viewed as determinative. Furthermore, there is no guidance provided in the Act or the Regulations, nor any policy manuals or bulletins, defining “intend to reside” or setting out what evidence applicants are expected to provide to prove intention. Indeed, until CIC actually takes issue with an applicant’s intentions, a simple confirmation in the immigration application package is sufficient to evidence an intention to settle in a province other than Quebec, as is evident from the contents of the required FSW immigration forms (see below at para 30).”

If you have provided proof of not to reside in QC, and have provided with documentary proof, no need to worry. Just make sure that you explain that your presence in QC is temporary.