CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I recently graduated from a Quebec university and will soon apply under the FSW program with my foreign work experience. If I show my foreign work experience only and a lease agreement in Ontario (where I have a cousin), will that be seen as credible proof that I intent to leave Quebec? Right now, my only ties to Quebec are my phone bills, bank statements and driving license. Throughout my studies, I lived with a friend and never signed a lease.

In the current scenario, I am more likely to get my ITA first before I land a NOC job outside of Quebec. If I could get away with showing a lease agreement in Ontario, I was kinda hoping to stay in Montreal until I get a job in Ontario. Moving without a job is expensive, and I have been spoiled by Montreal's low cost-of-living!

For what it's worth, I intend to leave Quebec in a heartbeat as soon as I get a job offer. What I am concerned about right now is what shall I do if I get my ITA before I get a job offer.

I am also considering the alternative of going home for the duration of the application process, if push comes to shove. This will severely damage my job search prospects, but I am willing go for it if the alternative is to have my PR application refused. If I have to resort to this route, shall plane tickets suffice to prove that I intend to leave Quebec?

Last edited:

RDumlao0318

Dec 11, 2019
Hi ,

I am applying for PR through CEC in express entry. I have completed my post graduation (two years) in Ontario and obtained open work permit (PWP). I got a job in Montreal and I have been working here since Jan-2017. I gained the one year work experience and now I got the invitation through CEC.

Should I need to provide the intention to reside outside Quebec letter along with my application?. Anybody with similar condition as mine?. I have been applying for jobs in Ontario with no success.

I am looking for your suggestions.

Thank you,
Arkesh

Hi Arkesh,

Wondering what happened to your application. I am in the same situation right now. also one of my question is, it states that under CEC program you dont need to provide proof of funds but in my PR application checklist proof of funds is being ask to be uploaded.

I am hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Ron

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
I recently graduated from a Quebec university and will soon apply under the FSW program with my foreign work experience. If I show my foreign work experience only and a lease agreement in Ontario (where I have a cousin), will that be seen as credible proof that I intent to leave Quebec? Right now, my only ties to Quebec are my phone bills, bank statements and driving license. Throughout my studies, I lived with a friend and never signed a lease.

In the current scenario, I am more likely to get my ITA first before I land a NOC job outside of Quebec. If I could get away with showing a lease agreement in Ontario, I was kinda hoping to stay in Montreal until I get a job in Ontario. Moving without a job is expensive, and I have been spoiled by Montreal's low cost-of-living!

For what it's worth, I intend to leave Quebec in a heartbeat as soon as I get a job offer. What I am concerned about right now is what shall I do if I get my ITA before I get a job offer.

I am also considering the alternative of going home for the duration of the application process, if push comes to shove. This will severely damage my job search prospects, but I am willing go for it if the alternative is to have my PR application refused. If I have to resort to this route, shall plane tickets suffice to prove that I intend to leave Quebec?
So, how were you able to provide proof that you will be leaving quebec? Did your cousins lease work in the end? Was your name on that lease?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, how were you able to provide proof that you will be leaving quebec? Did your cousins lease work in the end? Was your name on that lease?
Representing his cousin's lease as his own would be misrepresentation and could lead to many problems. Would not suggest lying to IRCC.

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
Representing his cousin's lease as his own would be misrepresentation and could lead to many problems. Would not suggest lying to IRCC.
No, what I'm asking is will a friends or siblings lease work if that's where I'm actually going to live? Like, how do I prove to them that I will be moving to my friends house or siblings house?

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
Hi Arkesh,

You can provide all what you have and that will certainly help you. I am saying prepare for worst. A future lease agreement for ontario should also work. Communication with a realtor about house search in Ontario should also work. An Affidavit taking auth that you will move will also work.

Problem is lots of people are not moving after commiting, that's why they are so strict on this.

Regards,

Rahul
What kind of oath should I get to prove that I will move out if they give me PR?

Rapri

Oct 29, 2019
If you are still living & working in Quebec. Officer will ask you to prove your intent with evidence, to live outside Quebec. I got 7 days to to show this intent.
What did you do? Can you share ur experience?
Thanks

Masnsen

Oct 22, 2022
Hi all,
I received a request from IRCC to send a written proof that you intend to reside in a province other than Quebec, and I would like to know what did you provide as proof.

I live now in QC but work remotely in an ottawa based campany

I received this yesterday!

Thank you!

SudipC23

Feb 6, 2023
Hi all,
I received a request from IRCC to send a written proof that you intend to reside in a province other than Quebec, and I would like to know what did you provide as proof.

I live now in QC but work remotely in an ottawa based campany

I received this yesterday!

Thank you!
Hi @Masnsen, I am in a similar situation and I read in one of your posts on another thread that you got eCOPR. Could you please tell me what proofs did you send for your intend to move and what did you include in the letter of explanation if you included one? Much appreciated!!

Last edited:

Masnsen

Oct 22, 2022
Hi @Masnsen, I am in a similar situation and I read in one of your posts on another thread that you got eCOPR. Could you please tell me what proofs did you send for your intend to move and what did you include in the letter of explanation if you included one? Much appreciated!!
hi @SudipC23, well I've added a letter explaining my intensions to the destination I've chosen + proof that I'm actively searching for housing in destination I initially put + since I work remotely in a company based in Ottawa, I have added a letter of the employer saying that it would be better if I moved close to the company+ add anything you find as relevant ...