01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,
I need some help urgently. I applied for CEC EE pr from Quebec as I had an intention to move out of this province. Last week I managed to get a better job opportunity with the same employer in Vancouver and will be shifting there as soon as possible.
I have applied for PR in Oct 2019 but I haven 't heard from them since then, will it be a good idea to update the address and notify them?

It is mandatory to update your address if you move. As for your new job offer, YES YES YES, submit that as soon as possible as a supporting document for your intent to reside outside Quebec.

Also, as i have counted One year of my Quebec experience for the PR, do again I need to send them my roles and responsibilities letter? Just to be clear my NOC code remains the same, I only got promoted in that same role.

Sorry, I don´t understand this question. Do you mean, do you need to send a new reference letter for a job you haven´t yet started? No. Your job offer letter should be enough.

BTW, if it is the same role, I don´t see how it would be a "promotion."

Megha1617

Mar 5, 2020
@jes_ON
Thanks for your reply, For making the address change, what all supporting documents I can provide. I have changed my address in my bank accounts that's it. For now, I am not even going for any lease as I will be staying in my friends apartment..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON
Thanks for your reply, For making the address change, what all supporting documents I can provide. I have changed my address in my bank accounts that's it. For now, I am not even going for any lease as I will be staying in my friends apartment..
Don´t need supporting documents for the change of address. Just state the address.
As for proof of your intent to reside outside of Quebec, It´s OK to state that you will be staying with a friend, or become a roommate of your friend at least in the short-term, before you seek permanent housing.

Reactions: Megha1617

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hello All,
I need some help urgently. I applied for CEC EE pr from Quebec as I had an intention to move out of this province. Last week I managed to get a better job opportunity with the same employer in Vancouver and will be shifting there as soon as possible.
I have applied for PR in Oct 2019 but I haven 't heard from them since then, will it be a good idea to update the address and notify them?
Also, as i have counted One year of my Quebec experience for the PR, do again I need to send them my roles and responsibilities letter? Just to be clear my NOC code remains the same, I only got promoted in that same role.

Thanks a lot
I suggest updating your address (new address in BC) ASAP. It helps to your case.

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi Everybody,
My CEC was rejected because of the Intention to live outside of Quebec. I left Quebec, I got a job in Ontario and rented home in Toronto, I applied again. Do you think the process of the second application is faster? is there any experience?

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hi Everybody,
My CEC was rejected because of the Intention to live outside of Quebec. I left Quebec, I got a job in Ontario and rented home in Toronto, I applied again. Do you think the process of the second application is faster? is there any experience?
Hello AlexiBaron, Very sorry about that, I was rejected also because I claimed 50 points with my Quebec employment, I have submitted a new application since April 14th.

Please can you tell me if you provided a letter of intent with your previous application? did you get a letter to prove your intent before rejection? if yes what documents did you provide as proof?

Sorry for the too many questions. We live and work in Quebec and we have CSQ so i want to be ready for when i receive the request. My wife will be moving to ottawa soon because she have an open work permit, I can't go with her as my work permit is closed. Thank you.

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hello AlexiBaron, Very sorry about that, I was rejected also because I claimed 50 points with my Quebec employment, I have submitted a new application since April 14th.

Please can you tell me if you provided a letter of intent with your previous application? did you get a letter to prove your intent before rejection? if yes what documents did you provide as proof?

Sorry for the too many questions. We live and work in Quebec and we have CSQ so i want to be ready for when i receive the request. My wife will be moving to Ottawa soon because she has an open work permit, I can't go with her as my work permit is closed. Thank you.
Hi Paddy147
The officer requested a letter to explain why I am living in Quebec, I explained everything (I was there for a short term research project) (I had applied for jobs outside of Quebec) (I had passed two interviews for a job in Alberta) (my short term contract for a research project in Quebec) I showed all these documents, however, I received refusal letter.
I highly recommend to speak with a professional lawyer in this field, they know how to answer officers. Try to find jobs in other provinces. My experience is convincing officers regarding this matter is too hard.
My suggestion: Leave Quebec ASAP.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hi Paddy147
The officer requested a letter to explain why I am living in Quebec, I explained everything (I was there for a short term research project) (I had applied for jobs outside of Quebec) (I had passed two interviews for a job in Alberta) (my short term contract for a research project in Quebec) I showed all these documents, however, I received refusal letter.
I highly recommend to speak with a professional lawyer in this field, they know how to answer officers. Try to find jobs in other provinces. My experience is convincing officers regarding this matter is too hard.
My suggestion: Leave Quebec ASAP.
Hello AlexiBaron, Thank you for the prompt reply. I will take your advice and leave Quebec.

nshar2111

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hi everyone! I have a doubt regarding CEC from Quebec. I am moving from Montreal to Toronto working for the same company, headquarter in Montreal. I requested HR and my managers to do this movement and was approved. I informed them that I am doing this for immigration purpose and will return after getting my PR card. I did upfront medical last week in Montreal and will do PCC in Toronto with new address. I will be adding myself in my friend's lease in Toronto and updated my address in company portal. So the pay-slips will be on new address now onward. I am also going to exchange my Driver's license from Quebec to Ontario. Now my doubts are:
1. Should I write an LOE specifying that I moved to Toronto office on my own will or company asked me to?
2. Should my company reference letter mention that I was moved from Montreal to Toronto on so-and-so date?

I read some stories here about people receiving fraud notices for obtaining PR who were on same company payroll in Quebec but had lease and all relevant documents from Ontario or any other province, and they went back living in Quebec after getting PR.

Please let me know if someone went through a similar situation!

Last edited:

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hi everyone! I have a doubt regarding CEC from Quebec. I am moving from Montreal to Toronto working for the same company, headquarter in Montreal. I requested HR and my managers to do this movement and was approved. I informed them that I am doing this for immigration purpose and will return after getting my PR card. I did upfront medical last week in Montreal and will do PCC in Toronto with new address. I will be adding myself in my friend's lease in Toronto and updated my address in company portal. So the pay-slips will be on new address now onward. I am also going to exchange my Driver's license from Quebec to Ontario. Now my doubts are:
1. Should I write an LOE specifying that I moved to Toronto office on my own will or company asked me to?
2. Should my company reference letter mention that I was moved from Montreal to Toronto on so-and-so date?

I read some stories here about people receiving fraud notices for obtaining PR who were on same company payroll in Quebec but had lease and all relevant documents from Ontario or any other province, and they went back living in Quebec after getting PR.

Please let me know if someone went through a similar situation!
Hello nshar2111,
Your company can write a letter stating you requested to be transferred to Ontario and that your request has been approved.

You can send a web form attaching your lease, letter from employer , pay stub, drivers license etc. At the same time request for a change of address.

Remember ones you are a PR holder you can live anywhere in Canada. But I will advise you stay few months to a year in Ontario before moving back that's if you really need to move.

We are in same situation but in my case I want to settle in Ontario. I will be moving soon.

Goodluck.

nshar2111

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hello nshar2111,
Your company can write a letter stating you requested to be transferred to Ontario and that your request has been approved.

You can send a web form attaching your lease, letter from employer , pay stub, drivers license etc. At the same time request for a change of address.

Remember ones you are a PR holder you can live anywhere in Canada. But I will advise you stay few months to a year in Ontario before moving back that's if you really need to move.

We are in same situation but in my case I want to settle in Ontario. I will be moving soon.

Goodluck.
Hi paddy147,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't added my application yet on the IRCC portal. I was planning to do it after I have all the documents in place at Toronto.