+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intend to refusal for oinp

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Guys, I just talked to OINP's customer care. Regarding the 1 year course requirements. I showed them this is not even properly listed on Ontario's regulation act. Moreover, I also told her that, there is not even signal college in Canada that can comply this rule. All international students with 1year pg certificates are not eligible.

And she said, "I know we got many inquiries about this but this is what it is and we have not planned to change this rule untill further notice. And I'm so sorry for this."

If you want to call them and describe what I described this is the Phone # - 6478028141

Reactions: Paul1972

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi Guys, I just talked to OINP's customer care. Regarding the 1 year course requirements. I showed them this is not even properly listed on Ontario's regulation act. Moreover, I also told her that, there is not even signal college in Canada that can comply this rule. All international students with 1year pg certificates are not eligible.

And she said, "I know we got many inquiries about this but this is what it is and we have not planned to change this rule untill further notice. And I'm so sorry for this."

If you want to call them and describe what I described this is the Phone # - 6478028141
I totally agree with you OINP is playing games against with international students who did 1 Year program
They should consider and give nomination to students who have applied during in August / September new rule was introduced only in 26th November as far as I know when it come to immigration they always follow the rule during that time .

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
Thank you for your application for a certificate of nomination under the Ontario
Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), made in accordance with the Ontario Immigration
Act, 2015, S.O. 2015, c. 8 (the “Act”) and its regulations and received on September 01,
2020, under the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream.
After a review of your application and all supporting material, the director appointed
under the Act has determined that you have not demonstrated that you meet all of the
criteria necessary for your application to be approved. Your application for a certificate
of nomination is therefore refused.
Reasons for Refusal
A Notice of Intent to Refuse Application (NOIR) was sent to you on behalf of the director
of the Act on December 02, 2020. The notice informed you that you had not
demonstrated that you had met all of the criteria necessary for your application to be
approved.
On December 08, 2020, you responded to the NOIR. Based on a review of the
information and the documentation provided to date, including your response to the
NOIR, the director remains of the view that you have not demonstrated that you have
met all of the criteria necessary for your application to be approved. In particular:You must have submitted one of the following, dated no more than two years
before the date of making the application, as required by paragraph 3 of section
6 of Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General):
Proof that you have obtained either,
A. a degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least
two years to complete if pursued on a full-time basis, or
B. a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible Canadian institution that takes
at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis and that requires
the completion of a degree as an admission requirement, and that more than
half of the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate
were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada.
Or,
A letter from the eligible Canadian institution indicating that you have completed
all the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate
described above and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain
it were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada.
o You obtained a graduate certificate in Chronic Disease Management, from
Seneca College that was conferred in June 2019. The credential and the
transcript indicate that this was a one-year program.
o You also obtained a graduate certificate in Nursing Leadership Management,
from Seneca College that was conferred in October 2018. The credential and
the transcript indicate that this was a one-year program.
o Admission requirements for both programs are either a diploma or a degree in
Nursing.
1)
https://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/fulltime/NLM/admission-
requirements.html#pre-content_menu
2)
https://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/fulltime/CDM/admission-
requirements.html#pre-content_menu
o In your response to the NOIR, you provided a copy of National Nursing
Assessment Service Advisory Report, your bachelor’s degree from India, and
a statement about the programs from Seneca College.
o However, based on all the provided information in your application and in your
response to the NOIR, it appears that neither of the program you completedfrom Seneca College requires the completion of a degree as a prerequisite for
admission.
Your application is therefore refused for the reasons set out above.
Internal Review
Under the Act, you are entitled to request an internal review of the director’s decision. In
order to exercise this right, you must do the following:
1. Give written notice of your request for an internal review to the director by
sending an e-mail to: internalreview-revisioninterne@ontario.ca
(a) within 30 calendar days after receiving this Notice of Decision if you are
resident in Canada; or
(b) within 60 calendar days after receiving this Notice of Decision, if you are not
resident in Canada.
2. Identify in the request an error in the decision or order that, if not made, would
have resulted in the decision being decided differently (e.g. your application
would have been approved); and
3. Do not include in the request any evidence that was not provided before the
decision was made, unless it was not reasonably available to you at that time