+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intend to refusal for oinp

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
I am a graduate from india. In canada I have done two courses of 1 year each. The courses admission eligibility is diploma/degree. I recieved a letter of intend to refuse because they say its not necessary to be graduate for this program. What explanation should i guve to them in order to avoid refusal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a graduate from india. In canada I have done two courses of 1 year each. The courses admission eligibility is diploma/degree. I recieved a letter of intend to refuse because they say its not necessary to be graduate for this program. What explanation should i guve to them in order to avoid refusal
Your question isn't entirely clear.

Post the full letter here.

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
I have done BSc nursing in India. Had 8 yrs of work experience. I did 2 courses 1 year each in nursing. Now i got

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
Now my letter of intent to refusal says that the course in did in Canada has its admission eligibility for both diploma holders or degree holders. Because I am a graduate and i did the course which a diploma holder can also do. Therefore my studies are not valid

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
A. a degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least two years to complete if pursued on a full-time basis, or B. a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis and that requires the completion of a degree as an admission requirement, and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada. Or, A letter from the eligible Canadian institution indicating that you have completed all the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate described above and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain it were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada. o Most recently, you obtained a graduate certificate in Chronic Disease Management, from Seneca College that was conferred in June 2019. The credential and the transcript indicate that this was a one-year program. o You also obtained a graduate certificate in Nursing Leadership Management, from Seneca College that was conferred in October 2018. The credential and the transcript indicate that this was a one-year program. o Admission requirements for the two certificate programs are either a diploma or a degree in Nursing: https://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/fulltime/NLM/admission- requirements.html#pre-content_menu. As such, admission into those programs did not require the completion of a degree, as it also admitted holders of a diploma.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OINP International Student stream changed its requirements. “your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.”

If you do a post graduate diploma in Canada & you have a degree (bachelors or masters), the program must be only for degree holders. The program can’t be at college & open to diploma & degree holders. So you have a nursing degree & took a college program that is open for diploma & degree holders.

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
OINP International Student stream changed its requirements. “your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.”

If you do a post graduate diploma in Canada & you have a degree (bachelors or masters), the program must be only for degree holders. The program can’t be at college & open to diploma & degree holders. So you have a nursing degree & took a college program that is open for diploma & degree holders.
Please guide me what can be done from my end

cuneyt

Sep 1, 2020
You don’t meet the eligibility requirements. Assume you have a job offer. Are you eligible through express entry.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream#section-3
Hi, You are right. This statement is clear. But when we applied this stream, it wasn't there.
The rule was;

- a degree, diploma, or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement.

The new rule announced last week. It shouldn't affect us. It is not fair. If that rule were there, I wouldn't apply this stream. I was eligible for the Foreign worker stream. My wage is over the median. Now, I missed the Foreign worker stream and will be refused this one. My Work permit is running. It is too far from being fair.

Reactions: Paul1972

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
Hi, You are right. This statement is clear. But when we applied this stream, it wasn't there.
The rule was;

- a degree, diploma, or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement.

The new rule announced last week. It shouldn't affect us. It is not fair. If that rule were there, I wouldn't apply this stream. I was eligible for the Foreign worker stream. My wage is over the median. Now, I missed the Foreign worker stream and will be refused this one. My Work permit is running. It is too far from being fair.

Sunny2801

Dec 22, 2017
Should i refer to some annexure where tgis is mentioned??
Tell them OINP, your application must be assessed against the criteria that was in effect at the submission of your application, which was before the new rule implemented.
So your application won’t be affected according to their previous rules when you submitted the application that is you just one or two diploma from college to eligible for international graduate category.

if you can provide them previous link where it was mentioned above statement then it would be great.
Rest is depends on the person who assessing your file. Some employees in pnp offices are very rude like in bc, alberta, manitoba , Saskatchewan. They just trying to make an excuse to refuse file without any applicant fault. I don’t understand, why they like to play with others life dreams.

good luck! Hope you get positive result.

Paul1972

Dec 3, 2020
Tell them OINP, your application must be assessed against the criteria that was in effect at the submission of your application, which was before the new rule implemented.
So your application won’t be affected according to their previous rules when you submitted the application that is you just one or two diploma from college to eligible for international graduate category.

if you can provide them previous link where it was mentioned above statement then it would be great.
Rest is depends on the person who assessing your file. Some employees in pnp offices are very rude like in bc, alberta, manitoba , Saskatchewan. They just trying to make an excuse to refuse file without any applicant fault. I don’t understand, why they like to play with others life dreams.

good luck! Hope you get positive result.
Thank you so much. But theres no link availabke to the old rules . Its showing all new rules