+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INSURANCE FOR PRE EXISTING CONDITION LIKE PREGNANCY

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Sure, i read that you have to be present there for 180+ days in 12 months which i can consider if needed. It will be great if you can confirm that you delivered your child there and did not pay anything. If i plan to come, i will need the coverage from day 1.

thanks for your response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure, i read that you have to be present there for 180+ days in 12 months which i can consider if needed. It will be great if you can confirm that you delivered your child there and did not pay anything. If i plan to come, i will need the coverage from day 1.

thanks for your response.

What is your status in Canada?

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
I punam devi came to canada in British Columbia june 2018 with my husband.my husband have two years work permit of farm worker.i have only visitor status to stay with my husband.i am three months pregnant .i am dependent on my husband.so government will cobered my pregnancy in medical service plan or not .i am.not sure.or what is another option for me to covered my pre existing pregnancy
Why didn't you convert yourself as a dependant to your husband and would have received dependant open/closed work permit. When you have that permit, you will get PHIP. Please check on that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many farm workers spouses don’t qualify for SOWP. Would depend. Also will take months if she qualifies plus up to 3 months for MSP. That is basically the entire pregnancy.

slochinexpert626

Oct 30, 2018
As far as I know, there is a single medical insurance plan for visitors to Canada that covers deliver - Allianz Global Assistance Inpatriates to Canada insurance plan - this pregnancy insurance plan has a waiting period of 2 months after the effective date of the policy commences.
Purchased Allianz Global Assistance (Abetov) Insurance on 07/04/2019. Received great customer service while purchasing.
Here's a mini-timeline:
  • Online Website Application - 07/02/2019
  • Phone call with Agent - 07/04/2019
  • Purchased 12-Month Insurance with Agent over phone - 07/04/2019 ($1128CAD)
As stated, Expected Pregnancy due date needs to be 10 months after coverage begins.

This insurance is not strictly for Pregancy, but also includes $100,000 worth of other coverage (Emergency Hospital, Emergency Medical, Emergency Dental, 9mo waiting for Physical and Eye Exam, etc)

Maternity costs are covered up to $10,000.

My outland american-canadian sponsorship application was just received today in Sydney, Nova Scotia, posted at the following thread for *August 2019 Outland Applications*: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019-outland-spousal-sponsorship.646162/#post-8071964
My thread also includes all costs and budgets associated throughout our application process thus far, maybe that may be of interest to someone.

Good luck and hoped this helped anyone considering pregnancy during application process!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Purchased Allianz Global Assistance (Abetov) Insurance on 07/04/2019. Received great customer service while purchasing.
Here's a mini-timeline:
  • Online Website Application - 07/02/2019
  • Phone call with Agent - 07/04/2019
  • Purchased 12-Month Insurance with Agent over phone - 07/04/2019 ($1128CAD)
As stated, Expected Pregnancy due date needs to be 10 months after coverage begins.

This insurance is not strictly for Pregancy, but also includes $100,000 worth of other coverage (Emergency Hospital, Emergency Medical, Emergency Dental, 9mo waiting for Physical and Eye Exam, etc)

Maternity costs are covered up to $10,000.

My outland american-canadian sponsorship application was just received today in Sydney, Nova Scotia, posted at the following thread for *August 2019 Outland Applications*: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019-outland-spousal-sponsorship.646162/#post-8071964
My thread also includes all costs and budgets associated throughout our application process thus far, maybe that may be of interest to someone.

Good luck and hoped this helped anyone considering pregnancy during application process!
The issue is maternity costs could easily exceed 10K.

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hello guys my wife landed as open work permit holder in august 2019.. and alhamdulillah we found out that she is pregnant now. as of now she dont have OHIP and we didnt buy any insurance yet. she is working part time right now . i was wondering how did you guys manage??? how much pregnancy cost you without insurance??? is part time worker covered under OHIP after 3 months??? if not which insurance company did you guys used??? really worried. any help will be appreciated..
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello guys my wife landed as open work permit holder in august 2019.. and alhamdulillah we found out that she is pregnant now. as of now she dont have OHIP and we didnt buy any insurance yet. she is working part time right now . i was wondering how did you guys manage??? how much pregnancy cost you without insurance??? is part time worker covered under OHIP after 3 months??? if not which insurance company did you guys used??? really worried. any help will be appreciated..
thank you
No you need to be working full-time with a job that will last 6 months to be covered for OHIP. She will not qualify for insurance to cover the whole pregnancy. You can find some plans that covers only emergencies during the 1st or early 2nd trimester.

If you are a student you should be able to add your wife to UHIP and pay for coverage. In general people should plan to get insurance or know their insurance before getting pregnant or not preventing pregnancy unless they have unlimited funds. Many forget that it is not uncommon to have high medical needs (including possible surgery) during the first trimester. People only consider delivery. Unless she works for 600 hours before delivery she won’t qualify for maternity payments. She will also not qualify for child benefit for 18 months from arrival.

Last edited:

Annadee

Mar 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am a visitor in Toronto, I married to my husband who is Canadian, and I just figured it out I got pregnant, unexpectedly. Before I had my insurance provider was Morcare, it just expired in August 2020. And I found myself pregnant just by Sep 4 2020. My question is how can I get covered for pregnancy in Toronto? Any insurance will be provided while I’m pregnant? Thank you you all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a visitor in Toronto, I married to my husband who is Canadian, and I just figured it out I got pregnant, unexpectedly. Before I had my insurance provider was Morcare, it just expired in August 2020. And I found myself pregnant just by Sep 4 2020. My question is how can I get covered for pregnancy in Toronto? Any insurance will be provided while I’m pregnant? Thank you you all
Unfortunately no insurance will cover routine costs now that you are already pregnant. I believe there is at least one who will cover emergencies in 1st and 2nd trimester. A vaginal birth costs 6-10k and a c-section is 15k+. Routine appointments and tests are on top of this.