+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Instructions - They are there for a reason!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone bother to read instructions anymore??? Seriously, I have seen at least a dozen questions today where it is 100% obvious that the questioners had NOT bothered to read the instructions. These weren't questions with ambiguity or where words may have been misunderstood. It seems people just cannot be bothered to read the darn instructions! Even when links are provided by generous posters those aren't read either and more questions get asked about the same darn thing! And I get at least half a dozen private messages a week that could be easily answered if someone just read the Guides.

Maybe I'm just irritated today (probably) but GEEZ people! Don't expect others to do the most basic of ground work for you. If you are serious about these applications give it some effort!! This kind of stuff makes me want to give up on this forum as it's getting ridiculous.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I agree with rjessome.
Looks several questions are posted just for fun. Answers are already there in various pages under different subject headings but instead of going through that many repeated questions are posted.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Yup, RTFM. Just saying. ::)

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
Nope, no-one reads the directions.

I work customer service and I've started just reading directions out loud to people, it's faster than having them read it. People are silly ::)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Does anyone bother to read instructions anymore??? Seriously, I have seen at least a dozen questions today where it is 100% obvious that the questioners had NOT bothered to read the instructions. These weren't questions with ambiguity or where words may have been misunderstood. It seems people just cannot be bothered to read the darn instructions! Even when links are provided by generous posters those aren't read either and more questions get asked about the same darn thing! And I get at least half a dozen private messages a week that could be easily answered if someone just read the Guides.

Maybe I'm just irritated today (probably) but GEEZ people! Don't expect others to do the most basic of ground work for you. If you are serious about these applications give it some effort!! This kind of stuff makes me want to give up on this forum as it's getting ridiculous.
Maybe like you I am also irritated today :) It seems that people are just lazy, we live in the "do it for me" age.
If people can't be bothered to take the application process seriously, what hope is there if they eventually move to Canada - Sad really.

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
It's not that hard. People who are perfectly capable of applying without the help of a lawyer, often worry they aren't. You DON'T need an amazing set of skills to do this on your own, providing there is nothing complicating your application. All you need is:

- The complete application on your computer
- A printer
- A pen
- The ability to read English
- The additional documents, such as marriage certificate and police clearance
- The courage to ask for help (here or at the CIC phone number) should you have some questions
- TO RTFM!

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Maybe should co-author a "Canadian Immigration for Dummies" in light of the scarcity of jobs in the current economy :) downloadable for $1.99 xmas special

Great jobs you all have done so far, I am not a senior and even I get irritated by some of the questions... :p Maybe that's why Qorax did his FAQ sticky on the other threads ;)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OT from read the instructions...

The posts that say "Urgent" when they are not - what is that all about?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree I had a few people who expect us to be magicians and provide a different answer than what is obviously written in the guide i just now ignore ::)

ladyinwaiting

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-02-2012
Med's Request
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
01-12-2012
Passport Req..
10-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2013
LANDED..........
23-02-2013
Yeah, most of most common questions are here already, just do an extensive search. And the guides that come with the forms are VERY detailed. Of course, we have doubts which are very specific, and that's when we should ask, but why not look first, right?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well +1 for all of you. At least I'm not alone in my frustration! I'm SO less nice than I used to be on here because of this. :p

@ CharlieD - LMFAO! Took me a second to get that!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you are not alone and this goes for the people that make new threads on the same topic that were answered umm if u dont want an answer then dont ask a question but dont keep starting new thread to get the same answer

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol, just today? ;) This is kind of like the normal way of things here. It does bother me that people don't read CIC's instructions, but it particularly bothers me that people don't do a simple search for the (chances are) dozens of other posts exactly like theirs and see what the responses to those were. After all, after so many posts, there are few questions asked that have never been asked before. I still reply to questions that could have been figured out elsewhere, but like you said, what really gets me is when someone ignores the responses and continues asking the same question (I have had this happen with only one person and I just gave up eventually).
rjessome said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
word; you know who you are, people! :p
Kedeisha said:
you are not alone and this goes for the people that make new threads on the same topic that were answered umm if u dont want an answer then dont ask a question but dont keep starting new thread to get the same answer

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still haven't figured it out. :-[ I thought maybe it should be RTFI (I for instructions, but looks like maybe I'm missing something). What's the M stand for?
rjessome said:
Well +1 for all of you. At least I'm not alone in my frustration! I'm SO less nice than I used to be on here because of this. :p

@ CharlieD - LMFAO! Took me a second to get that!