+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Instructions - They are there for a reason!

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
rjessome said:
Does anyone bother to read instructions anymore??? Seriously, I have seen at least a dozen questions today where it is 100% obvious that the questioners had NOT bothered to read the instructions. These weren't questions with ambiguity or where words may have been misunderstood. It seems people just cannot be bothered to read the darn instructions! Even when links are provided by generous posters those aren't read either and more questions get asked about the same darn thing! And I get at least half a dozen private messages a week that could be easily answered if someone just read the Guides.

Maybe I'm just irritated today (probably) but GEEZ people! Don't expect others to do the most basic of ground work for you. If you are serious about these applications give it some effort!! This kind of stuff makes me want to give up on this forum as it's getting ridiculous.
Hi rjessome,

I don't mean to hijack this thread ;), but for some reason I just couldn't find out how to send you a PM....so, my apology!! Anyway, a long time ago I started a thread, asking if it's okay for a Canadian citizen to live in his/her foreign spouse's country as the (outland) sponsorship application is being processed. And you did answer that it is in fact okay to do so, as long as the sponsor will eventually settle in Canada again. My question is: how does the sponsor prove his/her intention of settling back in Canada once the foreign spouse gets the PR? Is it a simple matter of writing a letter to the CIC that states the intention of settling back in Canada? Or are there any documents to show? If so, which?

I started a new thread about the above issue, because there are updated facts, so please feel free to comment there as well. I was trying to post the URL, but the forum software wouldn't let me, but the title is Planning to live in wife's country as sponsorship is being processed, any catch?, it's in the Family Class Sponsorship forum.

Thank you kindly for your attention :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fandv said:
Hi rjessome,

I don't mean to hijack this thread ;), but for some reason I just couldn't find out how to send you a PM....so, my apology!! Anyway, a long time ago I started a thread, asking if it's okay for a Canadian citizen to live in his/her foreign spouse's country as the (outland) sponsorship application is being processed. And you did answer that it is in fact okay to do so, as long as the sponsor will eventually settle in Canada again. My question is: how does the sponsor prove his/her intention of settling back in Canada once the foreign spouse gets the PR? Is it a simple matter of writing a letter to the CIC that states the intention of settling back in Canada? Or are there any documents to show? If so, which?

I started a new thread about the above issue, because there are updated facts, so please feel free to comment there as well. I was trying to post the URL, but the forum software wouldn't let me, but the title is Planning to live in wife's country as sponsorship is being processed, any catch?, it's in the Family Class Sponsorship forum.

Thank you kindly for your attention :)
Just think about moving anywhere. What kind of things would you try to organize in advance? A job, place to stay, etc. So a job offer or proof that you have been looking for jobs (emails applying for jobs, responses, interviews, etc.), apartment lease or notarized letter from friend or family that you will be staying with them until you and your spouse find your own place, etc. Depending upon the country where you will be staying, if you are working there a letter of resignation from current employment, cancellation of visa, etc.