+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Instructions - They are there for a reason!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
What gets me is people who obviously found the pdf application forms somehow managed to completely miss the sponsorship & immigrant guides whose links are conveniently located just above said forms...

Also, the search function here is our friend! I know sometimes it's a bit of a pain to find the right keywords to get the answers one may need, but a little persistence works. ::)

I think my biggest peeve is the people who bump their thread and get all upset when nobody has answered them within a few hours. Because all you smarties are supposed to be here ALL THE TIME to answer EVERY QUESTION RIGHT AWAY! Or they don't get the answer they want, so they start a new thread with the same question... Do they hope a new thread will change the answer?

I poked around here and obsessed over the guides for well over a year before we actually applied. I think when it came down to it, I only asked 2 or 3 questions on things that I just need clarified, and I managed to keep those questions in one thread ;)

(Now that my process is done and over, I just want to say how much I appreciate all the pro and semi-pro and just plain old super knowledgeable folks here who are willing to help us! THANK YOU!)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth, I do think that the search function here is not too useful. In fact, I often just go to google and type in what I believe was in the post I am looking for. I find Google does a better job of parsing the text to find it (or whever it is that it does) that this site. Even if you search by user it will likely ignore several examples of posts that included the keywords you included, so narrowing down doesn't even seem to help sometimes.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
amaranth, I do think that the search function here is not too useful. In fact, I often just go to google and type in what I believe was in the post I am looking for. I find Google does a better job of parsing the text to find it (or whever it is that it does) that this site. Even if you search by user it will likely ignore several examples of posts that included the keywords you included, so narrowing down doesn't even seem to help sometimes.
Yeah, google is our friend too. I did use that quit a bit as well. I guess my point is, a little persistent searching, no matter what the format, usually yields the answers we need... While avoiding asking basic questions everyone else has asked before...

sidkrose

Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2011
AOR Received.
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-12-2011
ddobro2 said:
Lol, just today? ;) This is kind of like the normal way of things here. It does bother me that people don't read CIC's instructions, but it particularly bothers me that people don't do a simple search for the (chances are) dozens of other posts exactly like theirs and see what the responses to those were. After all, after so many posts, there are few questions asked that have never been asked before. I still reply to questions that could have been figured out elsewhere, but like you said, what really gets me is when someone ignores the responses and continues asking the same question (I have had this happen with only one person and I just gave up eventually).
I know right? Isn't searching past threads for the answer, before you post a new question, like the first rule of forum etiquette?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know that's what I did when I first got here (had a hunch my question, or a similar enough version of it, may have already been asked by someone somewhere sometime in the history of this lovely forum :p)
sidkrose said:
I know right? Isn't searching past threads for the answer, before you post a new question, like the first rule of forum etiquette?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amaranth said:
What gets me is people who obviously found the pdf application forms somehow managed to completely miss the sponsorship & immigrant guides whose links are conveniently located just above said forms...

Also, the search function here is our friend! I know sometimes it's a bit of a pain to find the right keywords to get the answers one may need, but a little persistence works. ::)

I think my biggest peeve is the people who bump their thread and get all upset when nobody has answered them within a few hours. Because all you smarties are supposed to be here ALL THE TIME to answer EVERY QUESTION RIGHT AWAY! Or they don't get the answer they want, so they start a new thread with the same question... Do they hope a new thread will change the answer?

I poked around here and obsessed over the guides for well over a year before we actually applied. I think when it came down to it, I only asked 2 or 3 questions on things that I just need clarified, and I managed to keep those questions in one thread ;)

(Now that my process is done and over, I just want to say how much I appreciate all the pro and semi-pro and just plain old super knowledgeable folks here who are willing to help us! THANK YOU!)
Probably because of 'open discussion' and 'free advice' the mostly seen trend is posting quick question for instant replies!.

RANJHA111

Aug 21, 2010
Hi Sir

Can you tell me how much time it will take if i apply for PR in June 2012, as will complete 24 months as acaregiver in june 2012.And can i go to my back home, while my application is being processed????

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Hi Sir

I think you're in the wrong thread.
RANJHA111 said:
Can you tell me how much time it will take if i apply for PR in June 2012, as will complete 24 months as acaregiver in june 2012.And can i go to my back home, while my application is being processed????

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Re: Hi Sir

RANJHA111 said:
Apparently asking here because of the many *senior* members gathered together in this one thread.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I agree with you 100%. When I first started I really was just lost in general but once I was told where to start looking, I did. I did my own research for 10 months before I had everything prepared and ready to go. I don't mind answering questions but there are already so many great answers here on this forum if you just take the moment to search for it there is a very high chance an answer will be there. We love helping you but we can't do it for you. It is YOUR application, not ours. Now if there is something (after doing research) that you are really confused on, we will be glad to help and try to simplify it for you as we know, sometimes CIC just isn't very clearly laid out or detailed on some parts of the guide.