04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hello!

I'm putting together my husband's application, and I don't think I'll be able to submit the Option C printout. I haven't been living in Canada for 3 years now, and it's way too challenging/time consuming to file my taxes for the last two years, then request an Option C printout from where I am.

Have any of you submitted without? Did you have any problems?

I am including a letter showing I have inheritance income, a copy of a t3 from investment income, and proof of employment. Will that be enough?

Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Is this for parents sponsorship or spousal sponsorship?

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
angryrectangle said:
The Option C printout of 2012 is all you need. You can't expect to get 2013 taxes done in time this early in the year.

Plus an original employer letter stating that you are working, with a salary, job description and how long you been working with the company.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
BTW. Are you applying outland from outside Canada? Or inland?

This relates to the last post I wrote.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
I'm applying outland! I haven't done my 2012 taxes, for that I wad asking if the letter from my employer + a t3 showing investment income + a letter stating my inheritance would be enough.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
angryrectangle said:
I'm applying outland! I haven't done my 2012 taxes, for that I wad asking if the letter from my employer + a t3 showing investment income + a letter stating my inheritance would be enough.
What you need to do to prove that you intend to move to Canada and how you will get a job. Your current employer letter won't mean much as it doesn't show that you are moving to Canada, only that you are still working in foreign country.

Get letters from your family stating that you will stay with them until you find a job. If you have any letter of job offers saying the job is yours when you move, etc. Anything to show your intention to move to Canada and how you will support yourself without resorting to welfare.

The letter of employment from your current employer will give you proof of how much you have earned 12 months prior to application submittal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
angryrectangle said:
Hello!

I'm putting together my husband's application, and I don't think I'll be able to submit the Option C printout. I haven't been living in Canada for 3 years now, and it's way too challenging/time consuming to file my taxes for the last two years, then request an Option C printout from where I am.

Hi

There have been people who have submitted the app without the Option C, usually those who've lived out of Canada for several years and who included their foreign tax documents instead. It is a risk, as it's a required document and the VO could choose to send the app back as incomplete.

Why do you think that you need to file taxes for the past few years to get an Option C?

If you call CRA and request an Option C, they will send one from the last tax year they have on file for you, even if it was several years ago. Along with the evidence of your foreign employment, include a letter with the application explaining that you haven't lived or worked in Canada for 3 years and so do not have a more recent Option C.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

There have been people who have submitted the app without the Option C, usually those who've lived out of Canada for several years and who included their foreign tax documents instead. It is a risk, as it's a required document and the VO could choose to send the app back as incomplete.

Why do you think that you need to file taxes for the past few years to get an Option C?

If you call CRA and request an Option C, they will send one from the last tax year they have on file for you, even if it was several years ago. Along with the evidence of your foreign employment, include a letter with the application explaining that you haven't lived or worked in Canada for 3 years and so do not have a more recent Option C.
I thought the application asks for an Option C for the LAST taxation year. Would it be ok to provide one from 2011? I think that's the last year I filed taxes..
If so, how long does it take to get the Option C?

I have a paper from my employer, but it does not say how much I'm paid or have been paid since I've started working there. I'm a teacher, and I get paid per "unit" (45 minutes). Would it be better to state what my pay per unit is, and how many units I've done since working there?

Is the point of the Option C to show you've never been on welfare, or to give an idea of your income?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Option-C is not required where the Canadian citizen sponsor has not been a tax-resident for some time. (In our case, over 8 years).

In http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf - Item 17 it clearly states "the most recent taxation year".

Under those circumstances CRA will/can not issue an Option-C, so all you really have to do is demonstrate using a similar local document that you have been working/filing taxes wherever you are.

As per the instructions in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf - Item 17, include a quick note indicating that this is what you are doing and why.

For the UK, we supplied a "P60" for the last tax year. Every country will have its equivalent.

Tanli

Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15 2013
Doc's Request.
Apr 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 15 2013
Med's Request
Feb 27 2015
Med's Done....
June 2013, Mar 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 6 2015
LANDED..........
soon!
angryrectangle said:
Hello!

I am including a letter showing I have inheritance income, a copy of a t3 from investment income, and proof of employment. Will that be enough?

Thanks!
Hi I also applied without the option C printout and I was approved as a sponsor. We are still waiting for my husband's approval. I also have been living abroad and haven't filed taxes for many years. I didn't have the option C printout but I did include a letter that I had from revenue Canada stating my "non-resident" status and an explanation of why I did not include the option C printout. I changed my status to "non-resident" when I went abroad so that I wouldn't be obligated to pay taxes on my income while I was abroad. I think the letter was very helpful in lieu of the option C print-out.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angryrectangle said:
Hello!

Thanks!
quote author=angryrectangle link=topic=180774.msg2826365#msg2826365 date=1389382902]
Hello!

Thanks!
[/quote]
I put together my sponsor's application also. She has lived outside Canada most of her life apart from two periods the last of which was about 15 years ago. I explained that in a letter and enclosed an UK notice of assessment for the last tax year (which for reasons which I would love to know more about runs from 6 April one year to 5th April the next.) No problems were encountered: sponsorship granted without any question being raised. As you see from Zardoz's post a P60 would have done just as well.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I was able to get Option C printout despite working in US for 5 years. What I did was filed Canadian Taxes as a non-resident. This allowed me to keep my taxes up to date and have no gaps in my taxation years.

My option C print would have a few dollars due to investment income. That would be about it.

Screech339

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
When putting my wife's application together in 2012, I didn't include an Option C. In lieu of an Option C, I included pay vouchers (stubs) that totaled one (1) calendar year. Since they were in Japanese, I translated them myself and made a note that stated why I didn't include an Option C. I also included a letter from my employer at that time. In addition, I included five (5) letters from relatives, friends and co-workers that stated I was going to move back to Canada as soon as my wife received her PR. The application was not returned to us. I was approved as a sponsor one month after sending my wife's application. Her application is "currently queued for finalization review by the Visa Officer."

Hope this helps.

J

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
JRPW said:
When putting my wife's application together in 2012, I didn't include an Option C. In lieu of an Option C, I included pay vouchers (stubs) that totaled one (1) calendar year. Since they were in Japanese, I translated them myself and made a note that stated why I didn't include an Option C. I also included a letter from my employer at that time. In addition, I included five (5) letters from relatives, friends and co-workers that stated I was going to move back to Canada as soon as my wife received her PR. The application was not returned to us. I was approved as a sponsor one month after sending my wife's application. Her application is "currently queued for finalization review by the Visa Officer."

Hope this helps.

J
This is exactly what I did and I have been worrying so much about it getting sent back, conflicting answers everywhere. Have not gotten SA yet, if I do get it should be in the next few days. AOR received on March 3

Thanks for posting your experience, hopefully will go the same way for me.