+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Instead of Option C printout..

neelzar

Jan 11, 2015
Tanli said:
Hi I also applied without the option C printout and I was approved as a sponsor. We are still waiting for my husband's approval. I also have been living abroad and haven't filed taxes for many years. I didn't have the option C printout but I did include a letter that I had from revenue Canada stating my "non-resident" status and an explanation of why I did not include the option C printout. I changed my status to "non-resident" when I went abroad so that I wouldn't be obligated to pay taxes on my income while I was abroad. I think the letter was very helpful in lieu of the option C print-out.
Please how did you address your letter of explanation?. I am in d same situation as you. My husband moved to Canada on January 15 guess...no option c.

Thanks

Tanli

Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15 2013
Doc's Request.
Apr 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 15 2013
Med's Request
Feb 27 2015
Med's Done....
June 2013, Mar 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 6 2015
LANDED..........
soon!
neelzar said:
Please how did you address your letter of explanation?. I am in d same situation as you. My husband moved to Canada on January 15 guess...no option c.

Thanks
Hi Neelzar,

I wrote that I had not been paying taxes in Canada because I was considered a non-resident and therefore did not have the Option C printout. I enclosed a copy of a letter from Revenue Canada as proof of my non-residency. It basically said that I had not maintained significant ties to Canada to be considered a resident anymore. I had the letter from ten years earlier.

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Hi,
I am a PR living and working in Canada and I want to sponsor my spouse living outside Canada under the family class. CIC requires either the T4 or the proof of income (option C) from CRA, along with the employer letters etc.

I moved here with a job after this tax season was over , Thus I do not have any T4 forms for last year since I did not work in Canada then. Therefore, I am getting stonewalled every time I call the CRA's automated phone service since I don't exist in their system (I think). Haven't been able to reach a human operator in the last couple of days. I even visited the local CRA office but was told by a phone representative that I need T4 to get the proof of income statement.

Does anyone have experience getting the proof of income statement from CRA without ever having filed taxes or possessing the T4 document? Has anyone successfully applied for spouse sponsorship without either of these two documents?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I am a PR living and working in Canada and I want to sponsor my spouse living outside Canada under the family class. CIC requires either the T4 or the proof of income (option C) from CRA, along with the employer letters etc.

I moved here with a job after this tax season was over , Thus I do not have any T4 forms for last year since I did not work in Canada then. Therefore, I am getting stonewalled every time I call the CRA's automated phone service since I don't exist in their system (I think). Haven't been able to reach a human operator in the last couple of days. I even visited the local CRA office but was told by a phone representative that I need T4 to get the proof of income statement.

Does anyone have experience getting the proof of income statement from CRA without ever having filed taxes or possessing the T4 document? Has anyone successfully applied for spouse sponsorship without either of these two documents?

Thanks in advance.
You can't get an Option C if you've never filed taxes.

Directly stated on the checklist: If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment or a proof of income statement (Option C) for the most recent taxation year, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant supporting financial documentation to show how you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring.

Reactions: ch671

ch671

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
You can't get an Option C if you've never filed taxes.

Directly stated on the checklist: If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment or a proof of income statement (Option C) for the most recent taxation year, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant supporting financial documentation to show how you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring.
That's good to know, I missed that earlier. Thanks!