INLANDERS!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh God! I can relate to what you are going through.

Last night my mother-in-law (my partners mom) broke the news that she found out she has lung cancer and that it's spreading to the bones, which means she has 2 types of cancer.
It's a shock, and my partner has been crying ever since and couldn't sleep all night. The reason why we're so sad is not even because we are going to lose such a beautiful person soon, but the process that she is gonna have to go through. It's going to be painful and brutal, and we don't want her to suffer...

At first a doctor said it was pneumonia, then she changed doctors and did the whole process of examination and tests, when unfortunately this horrible news came up.
She had known it for 2 weeks but she kept it from telling us because last week was my partner's birthday and according to her she wanted to have at least "a normal time celebrating it with us".

She is trying to comfort us saying everything is going to be ok, but since she has been talking about will, and others paper work, we know she hasn't told us everything.

My sister-in-law is coming from Montreal so that we can spend some time together, having some quality time with her.

She is such a sweetheart, I love her and I don't want her to leave us.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww boasorte omg I really don't know what to say and wish I did. Even though hubby doesn't have cancer I can express the sadness you feel and I know it is a painful one for you and the family. Please stay strong. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I am here to talk if you want. You can inbox me and I can send you my email and Facebook (if you have one) that way you can communicate with me through this. I don't want for you to go through it alone as I know what it is like to try to be the strong one for your loved one even though you are hurting just as badly. Please don't hold in the feelings. I am here to listen no matter what. Again I am so sorry for the news your family has received. May you all find strength and peace through this time.

R

robrod

Hi, Kris!...

Well, another mail delivery week is done with here... no PR card yet, I am down to my last 5 delivery days next week before I fly out... I will start a thread soon about the infamous travel document to see if anybody has any experience applying for it at the Canadian embassy in Mexico City...

I read somewhere that pregnant women can fly with Air Canada up to 8 months into their pregnancy but my wife doesn't want to fly this time at all. She flew to Cuba about 2 months ago and was hard for her because of her rhinitis (flu-like symptoms some pregnant women endure) especially for her ears... same thing happened when we flew to Athens and she was pregnant with our girl. So, not worth risking it this far into her pregnancy this time around.

Yes, we are very happy about our second child, a boy this time. We are wondering if he would look like me or like his sister (who in turn looks more like her mom with the fair-skin, light hair and blue-eyes)...

I hope you have a wonderful Xmas, Kris... And everybody else as well!!!.

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Love-Young! I think you're a great person and your initiative is a great idea that gives us hope and contributes to our common waiting process. People like you, that take the time to help others are what makes our world better and proves that there are still many people that care about others beside themselves. Keep on going! I'm always reading it and giving you good ratings.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hey everyone. Have some news to share but I am on the phone now will post when I get home. Hope all of you are well.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
AHAHAHHA why don't you keep us all in suspense !!!!!

Looking forward to your good news ..

deer30

Dec 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Inlanders!

I'm soooo glad I found this forum! I sponsored my husband via inland application:( 8 months ago- my husband has been going crazy at home!!!!

Thank you for regularly posting! It really helps the waiting process

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Love_Young said:
Hope no one here is giving me negatives since I was trying to keep everyone positive in here during the wait. Sorry I don't have more expertise to help out or offer advice but thought I was doing a good thing. Maybe I am wrong? I would much rather have someone telling me I am doing something wrong than receive bad ratings. Not saying it was any of you. Just the only thread I could think I might be doing something in that people don't like.
I wouldn't worry about the negative or positive! What are they even there for anyway?!?! Don't take it personally, some people may just do it for "fun". I never look and I don't care what it says I know we give advice to the best of our knowledge and try to remain positive and be positive for others, all we are doing is trying to help. We know you don't deserve the negatives and that is all the matters! You are doing a fantastic job providing quotes and incentives keep it up! :)

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
deer30 said:
Hi Inlanders!

I'm soooo glad I found this forum! I sponsored my husband via inland application:( 8 months ago- my husband has been going crazy at home!!!!

Thank you for regularly posting! It really helps the waiting process
Hi Deer30!! Welcome! Share your husbands timeline with us. I'm also on a 8 month waiting period, I submitted my application on April. Waiting to hear from them on January! Yahoo! Only one month to go.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Sorry for the lack of quotes today. Been very busy with the Christmas things today. I will post later tonight. Hopefully then I won't still be in shock from being broke now. :eek: I think I could use the quotes myself lol.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
First of all Merry Xmas to my fellow Inlanders.

Secondly, it was a smooth transaction at the end. By the way Rob they do LOVE CASH couldn't agree more. My whole process has come to an end, i am 2 years and 5 months away to become a citizen. The landing interview was fast and easy, now this whole stressful process in finished i can finally focus on other things in life, time to start the family etc.

I have been through a lot throughout this process and i will be happy to help anyone with questions. I have been out of the country three times whilst my application was in process and i can assure you people traveling out of the country is not a problem as long you have a TRV.

Take care you all.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
QUOTE OF THE DAY (Sat. Dec 18, 10)
"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

INLAND WAITING ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
"Spend a weekend with the family visiting local attractions of your area. Adventure to places you may have never tried before. It is a good way to get to identify your community before you permanently settle down."

R

robrod

Congrats, Alibaba!!!!!!!!!!!!..... Awesome timing for your xmas gift, that was... Did your wife go with you???...
Told you it's a smooth landing situation... any special celebrations on that day?.
Merry Xmas!.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Thanks Rob,

Yes my wife came along, as we all know its important. Yes we went for a meal and a few drinks later that night. I am glad its all over, and the IO told me i can apply for Citizenship in 2 years & 5 months.

Take care,

R

robrod

Awesome that she went!!!...
I'm not sure if I'll apply for citizenship... I don't really see much of a point. Just for being able to vote?. Some jobs that I'm not gonna apply for?... I guess I'll re-evaluate the situation later... The only benefit I see out of it is travel to the USA without a tourist visa as my country is not visa-exempt and need a visa to cross the border... Need to go renew it here in Toronto, by the way... to keep the tradition going with world Immigration and I.
My father-in-law remained and passed away a german. He wasn't interested in the canadian citizenship either...
Debatable, I suppose.