App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Rob, I imagine how nervous you are. Have a great vacation with your family and a smooth flight with your daughter. How long your flight will be? We had a 7 hour inland flight with our son when he was 4 months to see my husband`s parents. The way there was so easy, he was in a good mood, but the way back...I guess he was tired of not having his routine for a week and waking up early in the morning- he cried all the way from Montreal to Calgary. I felt so-so bad because whatever we tried, we couldn`t calm him down with my husband. Poor people around us...Well, it is life.

Latvian- if you get AIP and apply for OWP before your WP expires you can keep working until your OWP arrives. When does your WP expire?

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
I dont really know why this is happening to us... but i find it extremely funny.

Can i pay the fees in cash?

R

robrod

They love cash at the local office, Alibaba... debit and credit too.
Did you go to the SIN office to see if it was possible to get the SIN card without the OWP which was lost in the mail, by the way?.

R

robrod

Hi Ditta!.
Not nervous really. Worse case scenario for my PR card is to wait for it down there or go to the Embassy to apply for a travel permit in Mexico City... But I have a good feeling it will be here if not this week, by the end of next week. The website says it's taking 23 business days to arrive by mail and so far from what I've read from other members, they are right on schedule.
I think our baby girl doesn't mind planes, hence my not being nervous with her alone either. My wife has taken her with her on 3 trips already, one to Los Angeles non-stop and 2 more to Mexico one non-stop, the other trip with 1 stop. Ours is non-stop and on the way back we're flying business class on a red-eye one, so hopefully she will feel comfy and sleep.
Flight to Mexico City non-stop is about 4 and a half hours long...
Merry Xmas!.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
robrod said:
They love cash at the local office, Alibaba... debit and credit too.
Did you go to the SIN office to see if it was possible to get the SIN card without the OWP which was lost in the mail, by the way?.
yes i went to Service Ontario office and i was refused a SIN number without OWP or PR card. I was told the call center people don't have a clue how service ontario operates and addtionaly she said i may not be able to seek employment without a sin number and owp in hand. IMO the call centre agent tricked me because she perhaps knew i will becom a PR soon and probably won't need a work permit..

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
robrod said:
Imagine his situation (or mine) when waiting for the PR card to arrive in that mail, Adzees... I hope mine arrives on time, I'm leaving to Mex in about 2 weeks...
Dont worry you are very lucky when it comes to receiving mails. You will be fine Rob.. May be you should call them, and tell them you will pick it up from local CIC or something.. Or worst come to worst just ask your wife to mail it to you in Mexico..

R

robrod

Thx, Adzees... I'll roll the dice and wait, worse case scenario is like you say my wife fedexing it to me or go to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City to see if they issue me a travel document...
Merry Xmas!.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi Asta, I decided to just wait to change over my name until this is all over with or at least have AIP.
Seems too complicated and time consuming to do it now. Plus we don't exactly have $170 just kicking around to change my passport and I don't trust that they would receive my letter saying to update my name on file, you know? So until then I will go by his name socially just not on government documents.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello everyone I am new in this forum. Just wanted to know the difference between Inland and Outland and what are the advantages and disadvantages. Thank you so much.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi Ditta!

My WP expires June 24th 2011 and my PR/sponsorship application was received by CIC on Oct 1st 2010. So I'm kind of on the edge...

Have a great day!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Rob, Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy your stay in Mexico, wish I was in the position to see my parents for the hoidays. We are the biggest skypers anyways, I talk to them almost every day.

Latvian, it`s really a 50/50 chance, ask your employer whether they are willing to get another LMO for you. If you wish to have your extention in time, you should submit it way before the first expires and the LMO takes 6-8 weeks as well, sometimes more. Would you work for them later once you get AIP? I was in the same situation and sent my extention request only 2 days before my WP expired, because my LMO is still in process, and I reach AIP time in March. They are going to process my extention just around that time- I applied on paper, which is 90 days. It gives me the chance to continue working under implied status and covers the 3 months up to March. My employer beside the necessary paperwork wrote a letter to CIC that they would like to continue working with me during the whole PR process and after it is finished.

R

robrod

Thx Ditta!.
Best of luck with your upcoming immigration AIP date and WP...
Merry Xmas!.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
robrod said:
Imagine his situation (or mine) when waiting for the PR card to arrive in that mail, Adzees... I hope mine arrives on time, I'm leaving to Mex in about 2 weeks...
Rob your card will definitely arrive I'm sure of it! Getting excited to be able to see family soon? These next few days will fly by! Enjoy business class it is definitely a nice way to go :)

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Ditta - thanx a lot for your advice. I though that would be the right way to go, so I'll start bugging my employer and will see how it goes.
By the way, we've been flying with our 7 months old son 2 years ago and luckily he was sleeping on the way there, may be because it was an early morning flight, but return flight was a bit of a challenge. He was awake most of the 3 hours flight and I had to carry him around the aircraft cabin to get him entertained :) I hardly imagine how he would behave now, when he's almost 3 and is very active kid. Being in one position for more than 10 minutes is quite a challenge for him :)
Merry Xmas to you & your family!