File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
warah said:
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread for a long time. It is such a great thing to have. My application has been over 2 years (sent in Aug 2008). As far as I know, decision is made. I got my AIP back in June, and I submitted my new medical and police check as they requested in the AIP letter. Medical received and police check put in file on Spet 14. However, they requested the "Client information update form" to be filled a week after that.

So far, I know that they received the requested form, but not yet in file. Just wondering if they will do the back ground check from the day they open my police check or the day they open the requested info (client information update form), so I have a better idea how much longer I have to wait.

Keep this thread alive and wish everyone best of luck!
Is there any particular reason for long delay. What is your local CIC office?

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
adzees said:
I don't know what the reasons are for the delay. During the process, I called multiple times, they just kept telling me that it is in process. I hope none of you have to go through what happened to me. It really restricts me from traveling. Please let me know if anyone has some ideas about my questions.

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
adzees said:
BTW, my application is still in Vegrevill, and local office is in Kitchener, ON

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
warah said:
BTW, my application is still in Vegrevill, and local office is in Kitchener, ON
Have you ordered FOSS notes to see, why is it taking so long?

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
adzees said:
Have you ordered FOSS notes to see, why is it taking so long?
No, instead, we had our local MP office to call the CIC office. Once that call was made, the process started to move and decision is made, that's why I have not ordered the FOSS. I am considering to do it though. Do you know how to order the FOSS note?

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Love_Young said:
I am needing to mail in my FBI clearance to be attached to our application.
Now I know what I need to do for a cover letter but I have a question about the envelope.

Do I need to write my client ID etc. on the outside of the envelope?
Do I need to write on the outside that a document needs to be attached?
And also, what address do I use? Do I write it the same way as I did for when I sent the actual application?
Love_Young: yes, you should write outside of the envelope in big bold letters your client ID# and indicate that the information you are submitting needs to be attached to your current application; also indicate when your application was received at CIC and when they started processing it. This is very important so the person that gets your envlope will try locate your file ASAP, so it won't get lost along the way.

Send it to the same address you sent your application, if you aren't sure, call CIC and double check address again. Include a cover letter explaining why are you submitting additional information to your file.

I had to send additional paperwork and when I called CIC the agent told me they got my envelope and it was sent to the unit where my current application was being processed, they managed to match my 2nd envelope with my original application.

Hope this would help you. Good luck!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thank you. I just wish I would have saw that a bit sooner.
I already sent off the FBI thing a couple of hours ago though. I sent it in an xpresspost envelope so there really was no spot to write anything on the outside. I sent it to their standard address. I was afraid that if I sent it to the same address I did for the permanent residence one then it would take them 3 months just to open it. Probably not the case but still a thought that creeped through my mind. I did type up a cover letter with the reasoning for the additional document, what was attached, my client id #, date app was received, when it began processing, full names of both of us, as well as dob, etc. I kindly asked that they attach it and signed/dated it. I also listed contact information.

Hopefully they will still be able to match it up even though I forgot to add that. I was just wanting to get it sent off. But I did proofread and proofread my cover letter. I listed EVERY possible thing they could use to link to my application. At least with the xpresspost I get signature and tracking so I will have proof that it was sent and when it arrived so if it is lost, I can just call CIC at tell them when it arrived, what was included, and who signed for it. I also took two copies of the FBI clearance just to be on the safe side.

I hope that besides writing on the outside that I did all right. I guess all I can do is wait. At least if it is lost then I will know where to go to get good fingerprints again and not get rejected. The guy that did mine was perfect. Thank you again for the advice though. I hope that it in turn helps others reading as well. :)

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Thank you. I just wish I would have saw that a bit sooner.
I already sent off the FBI thing a couple of hours ago though. I sent it in an xpresspost envelope so there really was no spot to write anything on the outside. I sent it to their standard address. I was afraid that if I sent it to the same address I did for the permanent residence one then it would take them 3 months just to open it. Probably not the case but still a thought that creeped through my mind. I did type up a cover letter with the reasoning for the additional document, what was attached, my client id #, date app was received, when it began processing, full names of both of us, as well as dob, etc. I kindly asked that they attach it and signed/dated it. I also listed contact information.

Hopefully they will still be able to match it up even though I forgot to add that. I was just wanting to get it sent off. But I did proofread and proofread my cover letter. I listed EVERY possible thing they could use to link to my application. At least with the xpresspost I get signature and tracking so I will have proof that it was sent and when it arrived so if it is lost, I can just call CIC at tell them when it arrived, what was included, and who signed for it. I also took two copies of the FBI clearance just to be on the safe side.

I hope that besides writing on the outside that I did all right. I guess all I can do is wait. At least if it is lost then I will know where to go to get good fingerprints again and not get rejected. The guy that did mine was perfect. Thank you again for the advice though. I hope that it in turn helps others reading as well. :)
I am going to send my police certificate this week too. Which address did you use? I am only aware of one.

Thanks!

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boasorte said:
Hi everyone, I have a question for you guys.
How/where can I order the FOSS notes?
Boasorte, this should have all the information you are looking for:
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hi MexicaTica
I used the following address. It is still going to the main office so it should get to the proper unit of the building.

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

Good luck!

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Hi MexicaTica
I used the following address. It is still going to the main office so it should get to the proper unit of the building.

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

Good luck!
Thanks Young_Love I appreciate it. Good luck to you too. :)

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Love_Young said:
I did type up a cover letter with the reasoning for the additional document, what was attached, my client id #, date app was received, when it began processing, full names of both of us, as well as dob, etc. I kindly asked that they attach it and signed/dated it. I also listed contact information.
Love_Young:

I guess it would be fine with the cover letter, as long as you indicated your client ID and when your application was received, they will know what is for and match it up with your existing application.

What I did was to put all additional information in an envelope with the instructions I already mentioned, and this one went inside the Xpresspost envelope.

Try to follow up with CIC to confirm your file was matched up with the envelope you just sent. Just in case.

Good luck!

Msaso

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Msaso,
What country are you from?. maybe they do background checks and depending on what country you come from?. hmm ui dunno just a suggestion..
Hi Black-Berry: I am from Venezuela. Do you think the delay could be for the background checks in my country?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
sgnv said:
Love_Young:

I guess it would be fine with the cover letter, as long as you indicated your client ID and when your application was received, they will know what is for and match it up with your existing application.

What I did was to put all additional information in an envelope with the instructions I already mentioned, and this one went inside the Xpresspost envelope.

Try to follow up with CIC to confirm your file was matched up with the envelope you just sent. Just in case.

Good luck!
Already plan on doing that. But thank you for the reminder.
And also, at least I will be prepared and know what to do if I need to send out additional documents next time. Always learning. ;)