+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

J

jdwhite21

Justina:
No we did not get any communications between November and now. In November we received a letter saying that our case went to Edmonton and that processing times were 18-24 months. Thankfully they are a little quicker than that. The phone call was somewhat of a surprise as we had not heard anything.

Asta:
Thank you for the good luck wishes, will definitely let everyone know how the interview went :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
djredeyes said:
How can I open Ecas? pls help, i dont have a client number..I sent my sponsorship application last March 16, and on vegreville rcvd the ff day..i havent heard anything from them yet. thanks
did u send request to extend ur stay/visa? or did u send OWP request? if u sent request to extend ur stay, they should send u a reply with visa extension and there u would find ur client ID. thats what happened to me. if u sent OWP request, then i guess u wont hear from them till ur AIP time (6-7 months from receiving ur application).
try to log in with ur receipt number. receipt that u paid application fees. though i coudnt log in with my receipt number, but after getting my client ID i didnt try to log in with receipt number anymore.
or u could ask for ur client ID at call centre but usually they are not helping, always telling that they are processing apps of november blabla.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyone know if the FBI criminal background check needs to be received before OWP is granted?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
joce288 said:
anyone know if the FBI criminal background check needs to be received before OWP is granted?
Good question. Can anyone answer?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i checked their site and what i saw is..they say now that AIP takes 7-8 months? thats depressing. they slowing down with each week. it used to be 6 months and now its 7-8. look , soon its gonna be 12months :(
they only move 3 days forward every week now. it starts to piss me off. stop watching soccer and start working!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
:eek: What? It was just 6-7 months last week, then it moved up to 7 months a few days ago, now 7-8 months. What in the world is going on there?
I am finally a week away from submitting our application and I hear this. I have already lost all hope.

Anyway, like people say. You have take the timelines with a grain of salt. We are already lucky because we are with our spouses. Just keep remembering that. Plus timelines change all the time. Next week it could go down to 5 or up to 12. Whatever it may be, we have to understand that we have no control over it. Lets stay strong and good luck all. *hugs*

sophie100

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2010
Doc's Request.
January 12th 2011
AOR Received.
19th April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2010
LANDED..........
Landing - 9th June 2011
Hi, I'm new to this, but desperately need some 'peace of mind'!!

Firstly, here's my timeline so far:
Met Canadian Partner on Internet/ spoke on phone: September 2008 (sent phone bills as proof)
Met in person (6 month visit): February 2009 (sent hotel bill as proof)
Received 1yr Work permit: July 2009
He proposed: New Years Eve 2009 (sent bank statement in joint names, also showing the purchase of the ring)
Medicals done: May 31st 2010
Application sent: June 21st 2010
Application Received: June 23rd 2010

I am from the UK and have lived in Canada with my partner since Feb 2009. I applied INLAND, I know Outland is quicker but to be honest I wouldn't care if it took 5 yrs to be processed if it meant I could stay with him forever.

I have read some horror stories about people being declined, I've spent the past 2 weeks worrying as I won't have the right of appeal!! Did I make a mistake applying Inland? Maybe, maybe not.
I don't really understand why you can't appeal Inland (when you live together, own a house/vehicles together, maybe even have a family together), but you can appeal Outland (You live in different countries so probably don't have many joint posessions...) It just doesn't make sense to me.

But anyway, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i understand very well and i agree that even if its 5 years period for immigration process, as long as we can live with our spouses its ok. BUT.. i am not guaranteed that i will be granted the permanent residence status. what if ill be declined. the problem is i am kind of thinking of having a baby. but if i had a baby and immigration declines me, that would be a problem. since baby would be canadian it would be a problem to bring him home with me since i would be told to leave the country. i dont want these kind of problems with my future kid, so all this is a big headache for me. time flies and im not getting younger.

ocpb

Jul 3, 2010
Inland Application - file transferred to Scarborough Office

Hi All,

I was going through this forums and found the discussion to be pretty informative and helpful, so I thought of posting a small query myself. I have been sponsored by my wife who is a permanent resident in Canada. I sent in my application in August 2009 and the Sydney Office started processing it in October 2009. My file was then transferred to the local Scarborough Office in Mar 2010 and it has been there since then. My query is that whats the general timeline for Scarborough CIC Office to process these files and are these timelines case specific?
Also has anyone ordered FOSS notes about these files and are these notes helpful? Anyone in the same boat at present or have passed through the same situation, if you can pass some detailed information please.

Thanks

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Asta said:
i understand very well and i agree that even if its 5 years period for immigration process, as long as we can live with our spouses its ok. BUT.. i am not guaranteed that i will be granted the permanent residence status. what if ill be declined. the problem is i am kind of thinking of having a baby. but if i had a baby and immigration declines me, that would be a problem. since baby would be canadian it would be a problem to bring him home with me since i would be told to leave the country. i dont want these kind of problems with my future kid, so all this is a big headache for me. time flies and im not getting younger.
Ya, and with us, I can't apply for the provincial health insurance (OHIP) until first stage, and I know that I'm not going to have a child without OHIP!

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a question about the medical exam.

I sponsored my husband to become a Permanent Resident at the end of February but since his visitor status expired in March we were suggested to restore it. We applied for that in April and today we received a letter from Immigration saying it's approved but he needs a medical exam.

If he gets a medical exam for the restoration of visitor status, can this same medical exam be used for the permanent resident exam? On the form Immigration sent us to give to the doctor the reason states for visitor status. Can we add Permanent Resident as well? His Client ID number is the same for everything.

Also, if anyone knows if all medical exams are the same and if so, how much they usually cost? I got a list of doctors from the website that I'm gonna be calling to get estimates but if anyone can throw me some prices I'll be able to brace myself haha.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Since I am sending in the OWP with the initial application, if I am transferred to a local CIC office without first stage approval, does the OWP still give me implied status until after an interview is given at which time hopefully they would approve it and grant me first stage approval?

I just do not want to fall out of status during the processing. As if a long wait isn't enough to worry about, I do not want the worry of being illegal lingering over my shoulders too.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Nine3001 said:
Just a question about the medical exam.

I sponsored my husband to become a Permanent Resident at the end of February but since his visitor status expired in March we were suggested to restore it. We applied for that in April and today we received a letter from Immigration saying it's approved but he needs a medical exam.

If he gets a medical exam for the restoration of visitor status, can this same medical exam be used for the permanent resident exam? On the form Immigration sent us to give to the doctor the reason states for visitor status. Can we add Permanent Resident as well? His Client ID number is the same for everything.

Also, if anyone knows if all medical exams are the same and if so, how much they usually cost? I got a list of doctors from the website that I'm gonna be calling to get estimates but if anyone can throw me some prices I'll be able to brace myself haha.
i think it would be the same medical exam for restoration of status and for immigration.
in Ontario, Mississauga my medical exam cost 170$ general check up, 45$ xray, 7$ blood test.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Sending off our application on Monday. Really nervous.

Anyway, can someone please respond to my questions?

1. Will my application be returned if I am unable to submit my police clearance with the application right now?
My status is going to expire at the end of the month so I can't wait for my police clearance to get here.

2. Do I write my name and DOB on the back of both my immigration pictures or only one?

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
Asta said:
did u send request to extend ur stay/visa? or did u send OWP request? if u sent request to extend ur stay, they should send u a reply with visa extension and there u would find ur client ID. thats what happened to me. if u sent OWP request, then i guess u wont hear from them till ur AIP time (6-7 months from receiving ur application).
try to log in with ur receipt number. receipt that u paid application fees. though i coudnt log in with my receipt number, but after getting my client ID i didnt try to log in with receipt number anymore.
or u could ask for ur client ID at call centre but usually they are not helping, always telling that they are processing apps of november blabla.
finally got my client Number from the mail, log on to ecas and it sez " in Process"..tnk GOD
:D ;) :D :p :p :p :p :-*

T/L:
16/03/10 app sent
17/03/10 app rcd vegreville
08/06/10 visit extended
01/06/10 start processing