Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
yayy for you. has anyne ever been denied PR status after the initial first stage approval?. i know i am panicking right now but i cant imagine getting denied my PR status after waiting for all this time.. As in i wd totall cry.. haha

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Hey guys,

I just read through most of this thread and truely appreciate that it is here. Here are my details...

We received your application for permanent residence on November 23, 2009.
We started processing your application on February 9, 2010.

It has said this since Feb and although the 'processing times' are at 26 Nov(as of Tues Jul 20th), I haven't miraculously received AIP or a work permit in the mail (a girl's got to hope). I will keep you guys updated so that you can get an idea of how long the wait is once your date has been reached in the general processing times.

I applied with my OWP application in the same envelope, and I'm not sure if my photos had my name, DOB, etc. on them - so I will let you guys know if there are any consequences. I am so relieved to finally be at this point, but the disappointment when I see no updates is harder than ever!

Chat soon!

(PS Joce288 - looks like we are in the same boat - keep me updated!)

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mel H said:
I applied with my OWP application in the same envelope, and I'm not sure if my photos had my name, DOB, etc. on them - so I will let you guys know if there are any consequences. I am so relieved to finally be at this point, but the disappointment when I see no updates is harder than ever!

Chat soon!

(PS Joce288 - looks like we are in the same boat - keep me updated!)
I actually didn't know you were supposed to do that on the back of your photos, so we really are in the same boat! I'm hoping it's not sent back to me! I will certainly keep you updated and you do the same!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I am fairly confident that if it had been a problem, they would have returned you guys application already.
They don't process and application if something is wrong or missing. It states so in the manuals. I believe the two of you will be fine.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times and am a constant reader of this thread. I need some help please...

My husband who is Canadian and sponsoring me for PR wanted to surprise me for my birthday by having my bestfriend from back home (Costa Rica) come visit me. Less than a week after she applied, she was denied the visa. She provided all the required documents and my husband provided a letter of support as well as some financial information. The reason they gave for denying the visa was: was length of stay (six days), travel history (she has been to the USA once and Guatemala once) and that she does not have sufficient funds to visit (my husband was going to pay for to come and she would have stayed with us, all of which he stated in a letter he wrote) she has a job, money and credit cards which she showed with documentation.

He is quite concerned that he perhaps inadvertantly put our application process in jeopardy somehow. Do any of you know if this is true? Does him sponsoring me (for PR) and then trying to sponsor my friend (for a visitor visa) mean our application will be suspicious somehow? Should my friend reapply or will that make things worse? have any of you tried to have friends/family come and been denied?

Any help would be most appreciated as we are now quite worried.

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
MexicaTica said:
Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times and am a constant reader of this thread. I need some help please...

My husband who is Canadian and sponsoring me for PR wanted to surprise me for my birthday by having my bestfriend from back home (Costa Rica) come visit me. Less than a week after she applied, she was denied the visa. She provided all the required documents and my husband provided a letter of support as well as some financial information. The reason they gave for denying the visa was: was length of stay (six days), travel history (she has been to the USA once and Guatemala once) and that she does not have sufficient funds to visit (my husband was going to pay for to come and she would have stayed with us, all of which he stated in a letter he wrote) she has a job, money and credit cards which she showed with documentation.

He is quite concerned that he perhaps inadvertantly put our application process in jeopardy somehow. Do any of you know if this is true? Does him sponsoring me (for PR) and then trying to sponsor my friend (for a visitor visa) mean our application will be suspicious somehow? Should my friend reapply or will that make things worse? have any of you tried to have friends/family come and been denied?

Any help would be most appreciated as we are now quite worried.
I would not worry about it. It has no effect unless your husband was not consistent with information provided in both applications.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
joce288 said:
oh wow! i am ONE day away from having my application receive AIP if it indeed does.. CIC is on Nov. 26th and mine was received the 27th...how frustrating seeing as how it took them a month or more to process the rest of november! crossing my fingers!
any news yet?

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Mine was received by Vegreville on November 23rd, and my eCAS hasn't been updated yet (been just over a week since they reached my date in "processing times"). And it looks like they didn't move forward this week - killer for Joce!

On the bright side, I'm getting unbelievable fast with signing into eCAS. I'm may consider timing myself.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
OMG!,... i JUST received a letter today from CIC!!.. ((((faints!))))). Well they didnt state anything good but just the fact that they sent me something is a good sign??...... The letter states "This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application in canada, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the cae processing centre;
[X] We require an update of the information you provided on your original application fornm regarding your work and address history, Post-secondary education, and organizations.

[X] you are required to account for your work history and print all employment for each month in the last ten years. Provide the name of the company where you worked, the city/country and your occupation there. if you were not working, please state "unemployed" and provide address.
if you were attending school, Please state "student" and provide adress.

Your application cannot proceed f there is any period of time that you did not state where you worked, were unemployed, attended school, or were retired"

Ok that is THAT in a nutshell. So basically i get it from this letter that if i send the above details they will approve me immediately?? .
im also worried that they have "shelved" my paperwork and may not hear again from them in years??. IS this letter a good sign or a bd sign? timewise??
Has ayopne heard anything from cic???.
I guess this is a good sign for those who put in their application before mines and havent heard anything yet?.

just as a reminder, they received my application on january 25th 2010 and started processing it on march 31st 2010

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Congrats niseguy!....
I have actually just been told that they are behind on updating the website. i dont kno if this is true or not but im a late january applicant and they could be processing january right now (seems like it being i just got my letter today!). So has everyone in December received anything yet?. . I am hopeful for you and if anyobne else can relate to me please let me know if your file was "pushed back"

P.S. i have a reliable source who works for gvt office in veg and who told me not to go by the website processing times..

bobswife

Jul 28, 2010
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 oct 2009-AIP AND OWP 30/4/10
Doc's Request.
15 June 2010
Med's Request
2ND MARCH 1 2011
Med's Done....
17 MARCH 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
they sent letter to decision made and app was transfered to Edmonton Ab
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon!!!hope before may 31 2011
LANDED..........
soon!!;)
Hi there
this is my first post here,here are my timelines
cic..Vegreville
We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.

We started processing your application on December 17, 2009.

We received the requested information on April 21, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on April 28, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on July 15, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.
just waiting and waiting and waiting......good luck to everybody!!!!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
bobswife said:
Hi there
this is my first post here,here are my timelines
cic..Vegreville
We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.

We started processing your application on December 17, 2009.

We received the requested information on April 21, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on April 28, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on July 15, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.
just waiting and waiting and waiting......good luck to everybody!!!!
What requested information did they request??.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
so now i have a new timeline siggy thingy... this is it..

Sent application january 25th
received january 27th
started processing March 31st
Yesterday (July 28th) i received a letter requesting further information ie what i have been doing in canada since January 2010
Obviously this information would NOT be available to me (even!) because i have been doing nothing here really and when i filled out the forms. i didnt predict what i would be doing for seven months..
so i am re-sending my paperwork tomorrow.

Anyone in my shoes?

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
OMG!,... i JUST received a letter today from CIC!!..

I guess this is a good sign for those who put in their application before mines and havent heard anything yet?.

just as a reminder, they received my application on january 25th 2010 and started processing it on march 31st 2010
We sent our application before you and haven't heard anything yet...
I hope that we have good news soon.

Good luck!!