+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

D

darumal

squirrel said:
IMPORTANT TAX RETURN TIP FOR INLANDERS!

YOUR SPOUSES CAN CLAIM YOU AS DEPENDANT DECLARING THEIR TAXES. YOU GET THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BACK. MY HUSBAND GOT OVER 3K CLAIMING ME AS DEPENDANT.

MAKE SURE TO GET SIN NUMBER ASAP. THE BEST THING TO DO IT IS TO FILE OPEN WORK PERMIT AND WHEN YOU GET IT, APPLY FOR SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER. WHEN YOUR SPOUSE FILE TAXES NEXT TIME, HE CAN USE YOUR SIN NUMBER AS A PROOF THAT YOU HAD NO INCOME AND HE CAN CLAIM YOU AS A DEPENDANT.

WE LIVE AND LEARN...

GOOD LUCK!

SQUIRREL
my partner claimed me as dependent even i didn't apply open work permit. Without SIN no, my partner stated that i was waiting for the landing interview by providing my client ID no. we get few thousnads dollar back :p

btw, if i don't work in the future or my annual salary below $10,800 (I'm not sure whether this amount is correct), can my spouse claim me as dependent? ppl say even i do not work, i might have a chance to get some tax refund (HST?) if I file tax. is it true? thanks.

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
squirrel said:
IMPORTANT TAX RETURN TIP FOR INLANDERS!

YOUR SPOUSES CAN CLAIM YOU AS DEPENDANT DECLARING THEIR TAXES. YOU GET THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BACK. MY HUSBAND GOT OVER 3K CLAIMING ME AS DEPENDANT.

MAKE SURE TO GET SIN NUMBER ASAP. THE BEST THING TO DO IT IS TO FILE OPEN WORK PERMIT AND WHEN YOU GET IT, APPLY FOR SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER. WHEN YOUR SPOUSE FILE TAXES NEXT TIME, HE CAN USE YOUR SIN NUMBER AS A PROOF THAT YOU HAD NO INCOME AND HE CAN CLAIM YOU AS A DEPENDANT.

WE LIVE AND LEARN...

GOOD LUCK!

SQUIRREL
Oh, so did you mean if we have no SIN number, sponse gets no tax return? I still haven't received OWP but perhaps my partner could have filed me as his dependant last fiscal year during all this time of waiting! Did you declare that you are his dependant in the last fiscal year while you were still waiting for the PR app result?

Thanks for this piece of info anyway, would be helpful!

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some good news for us... we finally saw some information on the immigration website!

Application sent February 25th 2009
Application received by CIC-V March 1 2010
Application started processing by CIC-V May 18 2010

It's the first we heard of it since we sent it in 3 months ago.
About 3 weeks ago we sent in an application for him to restore his visitor status because we were worried about the situation. Hopefully that will look good on our record or whatever.

Now, more waiting to come... :)

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Nine3001 said:
Some good news for us... we finally saw some information on the immigration website!

Application sent February 25th 2009
Application received by CIC-V March 1 2010
Application started processing by CIC-V May 18 2010

It's the first we heard of it since we sent it in 3 months ago.
About 3 weeks ago we sent in an application for him to restore his visitor status because we were worried about the situation. Hopefully that will look good on our record or whatever.

Now, more waiting to come... :)
Did they send you the client id by post..? or are you logging on with your receipt number? because i also sent mine on 20th Feb and was received on 23rd Feb 2010., I can't log on with my receipt number.

thanks

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Hi All,

I actually got logged onto e-cas today and it says application in Process they begin processing on 10th May 2010. Does anyone know how long do they take to approve the 1st stage.

Thanks

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alibaba said:
Did they send you the client id by post..? or are you logging on with your receipt number? because i also sent mine on 20th Feb and was received on 23rd Feb 2010., I can't log on with my receipt number.

thanks
We used my husband's client ID number from a previous application he sent in November. If you have one laying around you can try that.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Nine3001 said:
We used my husband's client ID number from a previous application he sent in November. If you have one laying around you can try that.
I tried id the number which was given to me after i submitted my medical report, it worked. They started processing it on may 10th. Now i am wondering how long before they approve the 1st bit..

thanks

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
alibaba said:
I tried id the number which was given to me after i submitted my medical report, it worked. They started processing it on may 10th. Now i am wondering how long before they approve the 1st bit..

thanks
average period used to be 6 months from receiving app. now on cic site it changed to 6-7 months. it very depends on ur case. every case is unique so time varies. some people make it in 5 months.some people make it in 6-7 months whole application.

msabarish

Jan 20, 2009
Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the Inland application form for Permanent Residence. I'm currently on a temporary permanent residence visa and would be requesting for an extension. The TRV extension application and the Open work permit are the same, should I check off the Extension and Open Work permit checkboxes in the same application or do I need to do 2 separate applications for extension and open work permit? Also, if 2 separate applications are required, is the fee separate as well?

Thanks for your help.

squirrel

Jun 3, 2009
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaune said:
Oh, so did you mean if we have no SIN number, sponse gets no tax return? I still haven't received OWP but perhaps my partner could have filed me as his dependant last fiscal year during all this time of waiting! Did you declare that you are his dependant in the last fiscal year while you were still waiting for the PR app result?

Thanks for this piece of info anyway, would be helpful!
To claim taxes you need either SIN NUMBER or CLIENT ID NUMBER of your spouse.

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
"A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on May 28, 2010 to xx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address..."

W00t. 7 months and one day from when they received it.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no FBI criminal background checks need to be received by CIC before AIP is given, or just medicals?

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
also, I forgot to ask - when filling out the cover letter for the police clearance it says requester's name & requester's address....do you put the address you had in the US or the one you have in canada!? I only ask because then it asks where you would like the response letter mailed?

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
We are going to apply inland for the same advantages you gave for applying outland. I am a Canadian and our family (wife and step-daughter) want to remain together while I am working in Canada. We have not appliied yet so we don't have a time line to share, but even if it takes a year if we are together then that's OK.

squirrel said:
I want to start this thread for people who applied inland. I have noticed that majority of people applying outland, it is much faster, easier and you can kill your waiting time being able to be work, surrounded by your family and friends, being 'at home'.

What about people who applying inland?

Please, share your stories, hints, timelines, frustrations, the way you deal not being able to work for some time, how you adapt to you new 'home', what is your impressions about Canada.

Thank you in advance. I hope this thread will ease waiting process for us all. Go inlanders!

Maria

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
So...I received the letter today from CIC...I'm actually fully approved under Family, not AIP. they did the whole thing from Vegreville. Next stop is my card. No interview.

Some things I did with my application which could have contributed:

1. Sent in EVERYTHING at once. FBI, RCMP, Doctor visit recepit, ALL the forms,
2. 2-3 extra pages of explanation where requested, lots of verbosity.
3. Photos of my wedding and of my wife and I travelling, airplane ticket receipts with both our names
4. Letters of support from third parties.
5. Had a consultant assemble and check for accuracies in EVERYTHING. We chose not to send letters of support, as they had inaccuracies about my wife and I as a couple.

Hope that is helpful to someone.

Its about 7 months for me from received to today. Another 30-60 until I get the card. But I can get OHIP and whatnot now.