23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Hi,

Does anyone know for which month they are opening the applications (to put all the necessary information into the system)? Inland Family Class - Spouse.

Just wondering because they received my application on the 23rd Feb 2010 Vegreville.

Cheers.

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
alibaba said:
Hi,

Does anyone know for which month they are opening the applications (to put all the necessary information into the system)? Inland Family Class - Spouse.

Just wondering because they received my application on the 23rd Feb 2010 Vegreville.

Cheers.
The lag is 1-3 months - I think - so you should be close if it hasn't happened already. That process could take a little time though.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
alibaba said:
Hi,

Cheers.
like i mentioned before it takes about 2 months and a half, plus minus few days to open a received application. mine took 2 months and 18 days. so by my counting ur application should be opened by now.
do u have ur client ID number? i only could log in with my client id number..
if no data on ecas yet, it should be any day by now :) good luck!

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Asta said:
like i mentioned before it takes about 2 months and a half, plus minus few days to open a received application. mine took 2 months and 18 days. so by my counting ur application should be opened by now.
do u have ur client ID number? i only could log in with my client id number..
if no data on ecas yet, it should be any day by now :) good luck!

No I don't have my client id yet. It say on there website that they are processing application received in October.

Thanks

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
alibaba said:
No I don't have my client id yet. It say on there website that they are processing application received in October.

Thanks
You should be able to get your info once they begin processing...if you don't have a client ID, you can try calling the toll free number

My app was received October 27th and I was able to see it online as of Jan 12 or so, about a week after they began processing.

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
I just received my CSQ (Certificat de selection quebec) today since I sent in the application to CIC Vegreville in Sept 2009!!! one step further...I hope I would be as lucky as some others here who got AIP and DM at the same time...

Good luck to everybody!!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I landed today.....inland at Vancouver....yeah for me....but seems there is one problem with landing inland....you are unable to get a SIN number until you receive your PR card....which we were told today is taking 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you land at a POE then you get your PR docs and your passport with a visa counterfoil, this is good enough for Service Canada to issue a Sin number immediately. But if you land inland at an immigration office you only get your PR doc which legally entitles you to work but not get a SIN number.....go figure.

Only way we can think to get over this is to flagpole at the Border tonight and see if will issue this counterfoil thing that Service Canada needs......we are looking into this right now.

Anyone else had this happen yet.....any ideas ???????????????

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Another bit of information should anyone be 'landing' from an internal Immigration Office in Canada and not a POE.

Service Canada now say that even with your COPR, you cannot legally work until you get your SIN number and that will not be issued until you get your PR card.

Yet the Immigration Officer told us that upon issuing the COPR , that we were legally entitled to work.

This new idea of landing inland is not really working right now, hope they realize this soon and change the system.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
angelbrat said:
I landed today.....inland at Vancouver....yeah for me....but seems there is one problem with landing inland....you are unable to get a SIN number until you receive your PR card....which we were told today is taking 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you land at a POE then you get your PR docs and your passport with a visa counterfoil, this is good enough for Service Canada to issue a Sin number immediately. But if you land inland at an immigration office you only get your PR doc which legally entitles you to work but not get a SIN number.....go figure.

Only way we can think to get over this is to flagpole at the Border tonight and see if will issue this counterfoil thing that Service Canada needs......we are looking into this right now.

Anyone else had this happen yet.....any ideas ???????????????
You should be careful of landing POE if you are applying inland. Reason being, if you flagpole, you have to exit the country before you are officially land as a PR. Then you deal with the risk that you would take upon leaving the country while an inland application is in process. They might not let you in at the border and then your app gets thrown out. It's normally set up this way for inland applicants to land in Canada at a CIC office so that you don't have to leave the country.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
BlueDragon17846 said:
You should be careful of landing POE if you are applying inland. Reason being, if you flagpole, you have to exit the country before you are officially land as a PR. Then you deal with the risk that you would take upon leaving the country while an inland application is in process. They might not let you in at the border and then your app gets thrown out. It's normally set up this way for inland applicants to land in Canada at a CIC office so that you don't have to leave the country.
I have already landed i have my COPR paper, what I need for a SIN number is the visa attached to my passport that Inlanders don't get.

Having asked around and spoken to a Canadian Customs Border Officer, it appears that I just have to wait a little more before I can start living in Canada as a Canadian resident....ahhhh well.

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Gor my COPR yesterday! yipee!!!

The immigration officer told me that it would take 4-6 weeks for the PR card though. I have an OWP so I'm not really in a big rush to get my permanent SIN.

To those who are still waiting, don't let your hopes down. Remember, patience is a virtue :)

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For applications 'in Canada Class', what are the busiest CIC offices?
I mean, If the CPC folks are not satisfied with the information on my application and my files are transferred to the local CIC office... and I am called for an interview, which offices are more likely to take "forever", years...? I've heard that offices from Ontario are the busiest ones, is it accurate?
Regards.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
angelbrat said:
I have already landed i have my COPR paper, what I need for a SIN number is the visa attached to my passport that Inlanders don't get.

Having asked around and spoken to a Canadian Customs Border Officer, it appears that I just have to wait a little more before I can start living in Canada as a Canadian resident....ahhhh well.

oh, ok

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Girlash said:
Gor my COPR yesterday! yipee!!!

The immigration officer told me that it would take 4-6 weeks for the PR card though. I have an OWP so I'm not really in a big rush to get my permanent SIN.

To those who are still waiting, don't let your hopes down. Remember, patience is a virtue :)
Hey Happy COPR Day to you.....same day as mine.......and dam that virtue I want it all and I want it NOW....ha ha ha ha.....

Great feeling to hold that paper though....ain't it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
When I am sending out my application, do I need to apply for the open work permit and do I have to apply for an extension of stay?

If yes, do I need two separate applications, one with A marked for the "Extension of temporary resident status as a visitor" and a seperate application with C marked for "An intial work permit or extension of work permit"?

Also what do I write as my reason to extend?
If I have to include both applications do I need to include the same things that are needed for a regular extension?

If I don't have my police clearance before it gets close to my extension expiring, can I submit that later on?