18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
ufukdtan said:
great news Asta!!!!

i am glad 27-04 my birthday too :)
oh cool :) Happy belated birthday then! Thanks ufukdtan, Blue Dragon and Sarah Boily!

Sarah Boily

May 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mazimax said:
Hi Sarah

It can take about 3-6 months after AIP as they have to do background and security checks. In my case it did take 3 months and I got Final Approval on Mar 4 th when CPC Veg transferred my file to Etobicoke office for the landing interview. Unfortunately nothing has been scheduled yet.

Thanks

Max
Congratuations! cool! Max, i am sure you can get the appointment for the landing very soon!! i hope i can be as lucky as you are. thank you.
Sarah

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
mazimax said:
Hi Sarah

It can take about 3-6 months after AIP as they have to do background and security checks. In my case it did take 3 months and I got Final Approval on Mar 4 th when CPC Veg transferred my file to Etobicoke office for the landing interview. Unfortunately nothing has been scheduled yet.

Thanks

Max
Hey Max, do you know what the BG check covers why it takes so long?

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
mazimax said:
Hi Sarah

Thanks

Max
Max, but in some cases, I heard that some applicants have got their PR within one month after AIP! It really depends on our application and a bit of luck I guess...

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
mazimax said:
Hi Sarah

Thanks

Max
May I got approval Mar 24ish and landed and transferd to Etobicoke. Had landing in Etobicoke April 27. Perhaps you should call the call centre and inquire. I read on here someone who did not get a letter and when they called were told there landing was scheduled that week

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
pending said:
May I got approval Mar 24ish and landed and transferd to Etobicoke. Had landing in Etobicoke April 27. Perhaps you should call the call centre and inquire. I read on here someone who did not get a letter and when they called were told there landing was scheduled that week
Finally, I heard some good news, when I called them last week, call centre agent mailed the etobicoke office and today they scheduled me for May 19th. I still have to get the letter. What did they ask when you went there and what documents did you bring to the office?

Thanks

Max

Sarah Boily

May 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pending said:
yes, i also heard of that the people sometimes can get the approval letter at the week after they called, hahhhahaha but you know what, yesterday i called and i was told that MAYBE you get your DM in August, MAYBE you cant get it until next February. OH MY GOD!

Sarah Boily

May 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mazimax said:
Finally, I heard some good news, when I called them last week, call centre agent mailed the etobicoke office and today they scheduled me for May 19th. I still have to get the letter. What did they ask when you went there and what documents did you bring to the office?

Thanks

Max
GONGRATULATINS TO MAX! the letter is on the way to your house, good news!!

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
mazimax said:

Thanks

Max
Hi Max,

Letter only asked us for identity docs and sponser to be present, we had previously paid our fee. To be safe I walked with everything - applicants birth certificate, id card, passport, SIN and work permit etc. Oh yes don't forget 2 photos - do not sign the back only get them stamped with date. Sponser - passport normal id (driver license, health card) and mariage certificate. All they wanted to see was both passports and took one of the 2 photos. We also got our new SIN on the spot so it was good that we had the old SIN with us.

They didn't really ask any questions, just if we were both working and if there has been any trouble with the law or immigration. That was it. Oh if you have dependents outside f Canada. Then you sign and that is it!!

Congrats!! All the best!!!

Oh I hear they only do your SIN if you come in on a Tuesday or Thursday. Any other day you have to go to Service Canada - which is in the same buildiong so no big deal.

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Hi Asta,

Did you file your application on 4th February 2010? and its in process?

I am asking because i filed mine 20th Feb 2010 and recieved on 23th Feb,, i haven't heard anything from them. And i can't log onto ecas.

thanks

T

thonyhlfx

Re: INLANDERS! Open Work permit doubt

I am about to send my application to Alberta however I am in some doubt about the Open Work Permit.
I am in a Visitor Visa right now, and I am wondering, what is the best thing to do? : apply for a Open Work permit when I get the "First Stage Approval" or apply/send it together with my Sponsorship application, if so, how can I apply for it, I mean which kind of forms are necessary ?
Thanks a lot in advance for any reply.
(This site has been a huge help in my process) :)

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Re: INLANDERS! Open Work permit doubt

thonyhlfx said:
I am about to send my application to Alberta however I am in some doubt about the Open Work Permit.
I am in a Visitor Visa right now, and I am wondering, what is the best thing to do? : apply for a Open Work permit when I get the "First Stage Approval" or apply/send it together with my Sponsorship application, if so, how can I apply for it, I mean which kind of forms are necessary ?
Thanks a lot in advance for any reply.
(This site has been a huge help in my process) :)
You should include the OWP Application with your PR application. That way, after the first stage approval, you get your OWP. Also, it would mean that if your Visitor's status expires before your first stage approval comes thru, you do not have to send in another application to extend it...you'd be under an implied status.

Use the IMM 1249 for your OWP application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Goodluck.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
alibaba said:
Hi Asta,

Did you file your application on 4th February 2010? and its in process?

I am asking because i filed mine 20th Feb 2010 and recieved on 23th Feb,, i haven't heard anything from them. And i can't log onto ecas.

thanks
Hi, yes we filed it feb 4 and they received it feb 9 and i could log in to ecas this tuesday because i got my visitor stay extention letter and i found my client ID in it. i couldnt log in with receipt number, but i can with client ID. soon its ur turn :)
keep in touch!

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
You're kidding me, right? You're really kidding me?? 3 days???!! I mean, 3 DAYS???!! 3 weeks to move 3....DAYS??? What's goin' on over there, I mean...come...on...

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
BlueDragon17846 said:
You're kidding me, right? You're really kidding me?? 3 days???!! I mean, 3 DAYS???!! 3 weeks to move 3....DAYS??? What's goin' on over there, I mean...come...on...
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Weird. They updated it today to say it was updated on Monday?