+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

R

robrod

Thank you, Kris!. Thank you, Vincywife!...
Your day will come soon too!. And then you will experience how sweet it is to complete the process.
Best of luck, any questions, please ask!.

Jean26

Sep 26, 2010
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Non
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2011
Congratulations Robrod and Teec! Its great always to know how others are doing and that they made it! Its awesome that you guys share your experiences and that all of us that are still waiting can continue having faith that it'll come to an end sooner or later.
Have Fun! Celebrate!

R

robrod

Thank you, Jean26!.
I hope your process comes to an end at a decent wait. Mine took a total of 13.5 months. Not too bad, I guess.

R

robrod

Thank you guys and gals for your congratulations on my landing, it is nice to read them!.
No celebration party as my wife goes back to work tomorrow and we were kinda tired in the evening after all the dust was settled... We got up early today (myself at 6 am), I couldn't sleep long last nite myself because of the anticipation. Our celebration was having a wonderful lunch at the Boulevard Cafe here in Toronto which is a peruvian restaurant. Then we went to the Ontario Art Gallery for a members-only exhibit about the Maharajas... we did like it very much.
And then back at home I had to take a nap which felt real good and now can finally wrap it up for this amazing day...

It feels real nice, BB. It's a feeling of having conquered and accomplished something important in your life. We elected to live in this country where my wife was born and have and raise our family here as well. So, being given the opportunity to do so just fulfills your expectations. It happened so fast once we arrived there. They started right on time at 8:15 am and I was the last one in line to pay the landing fee. So that was the biggest wait of the whole landing experience. The lady who took care of my paperwork saw us with our baby and made us come to the front so that we could be in our way as it's difficult having a 1 year old baby with you at this kind of event. She was very polite and professional with a nice personality. Then after signing the COPR document, came the best part as reps from the Social Insurance Office were there to exchange our SIN cards for a permanent number. Since I applied for an OWP, I was given a number that starts with a 9 (which means it's a temporary number) and when you become a PR it must be exchanged for a permanent number that does not start with a 9.
After that, when we left, the feeling started sinking in slowly and even more delightfully...

You will love your landing appointments too, trust me on that!.
Any questions you may have, my postings are here or you can ask me...
Rob.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
teec said:
Hello Everyone,

I've been monitoring this thread religiously since the summer time. I am sponsoring my husband and was left for months unknowing what to do. We didn't know the File #/Client ID etc. Those phone reps @ CIC were of no help either. I was able to find a lot of useful information on this forum, and for that I thank you all for sharing your stories/experiences!!!

Here is my time line:

We received your application for permanent residence on February 22, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 6, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on November 10, 2010 to XXXXXXXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We received THE letter today and it said "The processing of your application for permanent resident will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for 30/11/2010 @ 9AM. "

So...it seems like we are reaching the end.

As for our application, we sent a few pictures 10-15, copy of a travel ticket, copy of the purchase of our home and that's about it. Nothing too fancy. Never got asked for additional information.

Feel free to ask questions if you need. I'll keep you up to date as to the status of the interview.

Good Luck to everyone & God Bless!!!
Wow, I guess this really is proof that the 9 month timeline after AIP must be a max. Me and Vinceywife applied in Dec 2009 and we are still "In Process". Perhaps it has to do with the country you are from, and how long the background checks take there? I dunno. Anyway, congrats!!

R

robrod

OK, ecas updated for this week... let's check it out everybody.. good luck!.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are on February 22, 2010 now !!!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
rob congratulations on your landing..

P.S when i got my AIP. They requested me for the medical. On investigation through CIC call center i found out there was no medical record available in my file.
On further investigation from Ottawa, and by sending couple of faxes. They finally put my medicals on my file. I called the call center and they advised me to sent the old medical receipts with the explanation letter about your situation (which i already did). I am sure this will going to delay my case processing time.

R

robrod

Thank you for the congrats, Adzees!.
Sorry to hear about their mix-up with your medical results.. Hopefully you will be landed this year since they didn't ask for any additional docs from you. And if you have one of those quick local offices, you won't need to wait the final 3 months I had to wait with Scarborough...

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
hey guys :)

Ive noticed that the normal time with majority of the landed NOW is 13 to 15 months approx!.. that awesome!..

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
robrod said:
Thank you for the congrats, Adzees!.
Sorry to hear about their mix-up with your medical results.. Hopefully you will be landed this year since they didn't ask for any additional docs from you. And if you have one of those quick local offices, you won't need to wait the final 3 months I had to wait with Scarborough...
Thanks hopefully.. Just wondering you know how at the landing interview. Your sponsor must be with you. For example your sponsor has to go out of the Country for any kind of personal matters. And in the mean time you happen to get an appointment date from CIC for your landing. Do they consider this absence and reschedule it for a later date.

R

robrod

That's a good question, Adzees!... I'm not sure if you can re-schedule. Since we were waiting and waiting for our day to come, we had no plans of going anywhere. Not me, not her. But that's why they schedule the appointments with plenty of time in advance, so that people can attend...

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Actually my wife's parents want to take her for a religious pilgrims for 3 weeks. They promised her a while back. As per call center if we will be expecting a letter we can go to local CIC and explain them the situation, and they would consider it. But i am not sure if someone has gone through with this in Past.

Well i guess we would know what happens :) Hopefully every thing will be done before that. Fingers Crossed

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Hey guys,

It says on ecas decision made and i will be contacted. don't know what that means but i am staying positive...

take care you all