+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
January 16th applicant here. After doing my medical, I have had absolutely no communication about my work permit or application. On the site, all it says is processing... I'm starting to freak out a little here.
Were you in status when you applied? If yes you should have received your OWP by now.

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
Were you in status when you applied? If yes you should have received your OWP by now.
I was in status and still am for the time being. My OWP main application form was sent back as it was missing a single signature at the bottom. I got it on March 20th and sent it back the next day.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I was in status and still am for the time being. My OWP main application form was sent back as it was missing a single signature at the bottom. I got it on March 20th and sent it back the next day.
Oh well that's why then. You go back to the queue. Your timeline makes sense.

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hey all,

I took a look at the google docs and it seems like people are getting a Approval In Principle around 150 to 155 days! This is very exciting - starting the journey I was expecting it to take about a year.

Jan 30th applicant, need to wait next 2 to 3 weeks. I did receive a notice for inland fingerprinting with Canada Police Clearance check, so that may have thrown me off the normal path unfortunately.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=600561589

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
For the OWP yes, but shouldn't I have received some sort or notification? According to the online site, my medical results were received around the 29th of March. Background check hasn't even shown up yet. I've heard nothing since March.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
For the OWP yes, but shouldn't I have received some sort or notification? According to the online site, my medical results were received around the 29th of March. Background check hasn't even shown up yet. I've heard nothing since March.
Long periods of silence are normal. We went 7 months of hearing nothing.

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
Long periods of silence are normal. We went 7 months of hearing nothing.
WOW, ok, that puts my mind more at ease. Thanks for the information. Just feel left out seeing everyone else getting their updates and thought I may have missed something or done something wrong.

Anoukmc

Jun 19, 2019
And your boyfriend is the sponsor? Did they specify what "wasn't good enough" about his letter from his employer?
Hes sponsoring me .. I'm from the Netherlands. I think it didnt said how much he was exactly making in his employment letter. My biggest concern is if I'm allowed to stay in canada now that we resubmitted the sponsorship.. & if I still have a chance to get my open work permit ..

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Are there any January applicants who have had their OWP returned to them in the beginning or middle of March due to insufficient fees, who have gained approval this week or last? If so what was your timeline?

We re-submitted at the end of March, so it would be interesting to see if CIC is still approving at exactly the 3 month mark of re-submission similar to the December applicants a few weeks ago or if they are delayed.
Hi , nothing yet , I called them yesterday ,
There was very nice man on the phone & he said wait till end of July , he said you will receive it for sure and of july

Kylger

Apr 29, 2019
Hi , nothing yet , I called them yesterday ,
There was very nice man on the phone & he said wait till end of July , he said you will receive it for sure and of july
Thanks Pooriak,

Did he advise which applications they were currently processing?

Based on the Spousal/Common Law Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?usp=sharing 2019
there are not many January applicants who had their applications returned, so it is hard to tell if CIC is still processing exactly at the 3 month mark like the December applicants or not.

If they are still processing at the 3 month mark we should hear something next week.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Are there any January applicants who have had their OWP returned to them in the beginning or middle of March due to insufficient fees, who have gained approval this week or last? If so what was your timeline?

We re-submitted at the end of March, so it would be interesting to see if CIC is still approving at exactly the 3 month mark of re-submission similar to the December applicants a few weeks ago or if they are delayed.
Havent received mine too.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Thanks Pooriak,

Did he advise which applications they were currently processing?

Based on the Spousal/Common Law Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?usp=sharing 2019
there are not many January applicants who had their applications returned, so it is hard to tell if CIC is still processing exactly at the 3 month mark like the December applicants or not.

If they are still processing at the 3 month mark we should hear something next week.
I like the positivity Kylger, I hope that happens to all of us without OWP approval yet. While it was good to know that January applicants are getting AIP,DMs and SA.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Kylger

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
WOW, ok, that puts my mind more at ease. Thanks for the information. Just feel left out seeing everyone else getting their updates and thought I may have missed something or done something wrong.
I feel you, lets hope for the best to all of us January applicants. Things are moving so who knows we are all the next applicants to post DM AIP etc.