+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Kylger

Apr 29, 2019
Kylger do you think we'll be successful to get our OWP approved within this month? I keep on checking the website's processing time for mail applicants and yesterday it was still on Feb 13? Hope we do get it this month, really.
Hey kristoph29,

I am hopeful that they are still processing OWPs at the 3 month mark, though I haven't seen anything in the last two weeks to support that. Ivylebrun mentioned that their OWP was received March 19, but in an earlier post they said they received it from CIC on March 19 and resent the OWP to Edmonton the same day. Depending on postage to Edmonton, CIC could have received it March 20-24. That is why I asked Ivylebrun to update us when they receive their OWP to keep us up to date as I believe they should receive an update of "reviewing eligibility" today or early next week.

Ivylebrun if you are reading this, did you link your OWP to your GCKey? if so, what does the received date say on your GCKey and has "reviewing eligibility" started?

There are a number of January applicants who resubmitted their OWP applications at the end of March so I suspect we should hear something next week. Further I have been closely monitoring the 2019 Spousal/Common Law Tracker, so if I see any new movement on OWP I will post something here.

We shall see!

Reactions: kristoph29

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
My timeline as of now:

Application sent:
January 14 (from Port Coquitlam, BC)
Application received: January 16
PR application linked on GCKey: March 6
Acknowledgement of receipt (AoR): March 7
OWP application linked on GCKey: March 12
OWP approved: March 14
Medical approval: March 18 (done in November 2017)
OWP received in mail: March 20
Background check started on GCKey: May 8
Additional evidence of cohabitation requested on GCKey: May 9
Additional evidence sent through IRCC webform: May 15 (in eight separate enquiries)
E-mail confirmation of additional evidence received by IRCC: May 22 (first enquiry) and May 27 (remaining enquiries)
Ghost update on GCKey: June 17
Approved in principle (Eligibility passed): June 20

maarja

Jan 2, 2019
I have a quick question about my COPR interview (July 2). I am supposed to bring the following:

Temporary Resident document issued by CIC(Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

I have not received my OWP yet because it is still being processed. Should I call CIC Edmonton or just bring my payment receipts?

Thank you!
You should bring anything that proves your current legal status in Canada. If you're currently in Canada with tourist visa you should bring any proof of that (maybe a stamp in passport?). Payment made by you would not be temp resident doc issued by CIC.

Reactions: Dewey323

KATIE1304

Jan 8, 2019
PR App received: Jan 21st
AOR: March 9th
PR app linked: March 11th
OWP linked: March 15th
OWP Approved: March 19th
OWP Received: March 24th
Medical Requested: March 26th
Medical Passed: April 18th
Background Check Started: May 13th
Eligibility Passed: June 20th ( I got an attachment saying eligibility passed under messages)

But it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under Review of eligibility and also Background check is in progress.. What exactly does this mean?

Reactions: Kylger

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
PR App received: Jan 21st
AOR: March 9th
PR app linked: March 11th
OWP linked: March 15th
OWP Approved: March 19th
OWP Received: March 24th
Medical Requested: March 26th
Medical Passed: April 18th
Background Check Started: May 13th
Eligibility Passed: June 20th ( I got an attachment saying eligibility passed under messages)

But it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." under Review of eligibility and also Background check is in progress.. What exactly does this mean?
The exact same thing happened to me. I think we just need to give them a day or two for the system to be updated.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
My timeline as of now:

Application sent:
January 14 (from Port Coquitlam, BC)
Application received: January 16
PR application linked on GCKey: March 6
Acknowledgement of receipt (AoR): March 7
OWP application linked on GCKey: March 12
OWP approved: March 14
Medical approval: March 18 (done in November 2017)
OWP received in mail: March 20
Background check started on GCKey: May 8
Additional evidence of cohabitation requested on GCKey: May 9
Additional evidence sent through IRCC webform: May 15 (in eight separate enquiries)
E-mail confirmation of additional evidence received by IRCC: May 22 (first enquiry) and May 27 (remaining enquiries)
Ghost update on GCKey: June 17
Approved in principle (Eligibility passed): June 20
Congratulations!!
What all evidence did you provide as a proof of cohabitation? Me and my partner were requested additional proof too and the first 6 months of our relationship we didn’t have a joint lease but we did share expenses. I’m kinda worried about my app now

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations!!
What all evidence did you provide as a proof of cohabitation? Me and my partner were requested additional proof too and the first 6 months of our relationship we didn’t have a joint lease but we did share expenses. I’m kinda worried about my app now
Thanks very much! We lived together at her parents' house at the time, so we didn't have any utility bills or lease/rent agreements under our names.

In this case, I basically sent them all of the official documents we had that contained our name and our address, such as bank statements, government IDs, healthcare bills, cellphone bills, pay stubs, T4 forms, travel insurance policies, medical invoices, letters, etc. The only documents that contained both of our names on them were the statements from our joint bank accounts; the rest were all under either my name or hers.

I sent a total of over 120 documents, so I had to split them into eight separate enquiries, as they only allow you to update up to 3.5 MB in files per enquiry. At first, they only confirmed that they received the first one but then I submitted another enquiry explaining the situation and a few days later I got an e-mail confirmation for the other ones too.

I hope that helps!

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
ECAS says “Decision Made” for both Sponsorship and Permanent Residence Application. Does that mean it’s been approved for sure? Now I just have to wait for an interview invitation?