+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I was requested for additional documents for relationship and cohabitation. I submitted them today in the online cic portal itself. Is this enough?
1) Or should we also send them using webform?
2) And how long does it take for an acknowledgement from them regarding the same?

Thanks.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I was requested for additional documents for relationship and cohabitation. I submitted them today in the online cic portal itself. Is this enough?
2) And how long does it take for an acknowledgement from them regarding the same?

Thanks.
Hi, use the tool specified on the request letter. I used webform as i did exactly what the ircc asked. It took a week to get acknowledgement email for me.

Reactions: vigneshwaran

Huyoen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

HI you got this request right after bgc started? Or..

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi,

Is it true that once you apply as an inland application, you cannot leave Canada until your application is finalized ?

My wife is visiting me from the USA and intends to travel to USA to see her family. She is already been here for 4+ months. I was planning to put in an application for her next week but I heard that once you submit and inland application, you cannot leave Canada.

If that is true, I might have to apply for her as an outland.

Kindly advise which stream would be better for our case, outland or inland (I was hoping she would get medical insurance while inland)

Thanks

Dewey323

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi,

Is it true that once you apply as an inland application, you cannot leave Canada until your application is finalized ?

My wife is visiting me from the USA and intends to travel to USA to see her family. She is already been here for 4+ months. I was planning to put in an application for her next week but I heard that once you submit and inland application, you cannot leave Canada.

If that is true, I might have to apply for her as an outland.

Kindly advise which stream would be better for our case, outland or inland (I was hoping she would get medical insurance while inland)

Thanks
Hi,
Is she a US citizen? As a US citizen you are allowed 182/3 days in Canada in a 12 month time period. I am a US citizen and I am 5 months into my immigration process. We traveled to the Philippines to pickup my wife's daughter. I did not have trouble returning back to Canada. Once you apply (it takes 2 months to get AOR) she will have implied status. At 4+ months she is very close to allowed time in Canada. It could be dependent on your circumstance. Check this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Last edited:

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi,
Is she a US citizen? As a US citizen you are allowed 182/3 days in Canada in a 12 month time period. I am a US citizen and I am 5 months into my immigration process. We traveled to the Philippines to pickup my wife's daughter. I did not have trouble returning back to Canada. Once you apply (it takes 2 months to get AOR) she will have implied status. At 4+ months she is very close to allowed time in Canada. It could be dependent on your circumstance. Check this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
No she is a permanent resident. She has been in Canada since 126 days as of today.

So it was a normal exit and re entry for you into Canada?

Dewey323

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
No she is a permanent resident. She has been in Canada since 126 days as of today.

So it was a normal exit and re entry for you into Canada?
Yes it was but I printed my AOR as proof just incase. In your circumstance I would be a little concerned because it will be up to the CBP agent if she can return into Canada. You might want to apply for a visitor extension and travel document with IRCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: salkhan

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Hey folks, i am planning to visit states in august and i got my work permit and valid state visa as well as canadian visa. Just wondering if i m allowed to travel while waiting approval for my PR? My application is currently at the background check stage. Thx

Chuckus

Jan 12, 2019
I just read that December 10th applicant received Decision Made on both sponsor and PA side, yesterday. We arent far behind!!! Get ready January applicants, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Does it go in order?

Bruno Faria

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Everyone!

I already applyed for my PR in January, already received my WP, but the date of expiration of my passport and WP is for december. How can I update my process and WP with my new passport and new expiration date?

Thanks for any information.

smrtphusr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.
anybody else cam chime in to this? when you submitted your file, did gckey portal allow multiple documents to be uploaded? I am trying to do this by today or tomorrow need some guidance