+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I was on a student visa too. It actually expires on July 31, 2019.
I applied on January 27 for my PR + OWP.
And I continued working with my company. I quit my program before the last semester.
You don’t need to apply for a visitor visa because you’re on an implied status the day you put your application in.
As i know you applied for PR and OWP before your study permit expired. However, you are not allowed to work while you are waiting for your OWP and your study permit is expired. Just only the PGWP is allowed you to work when you are waiting for your PGWP and your study permit is expired.

Reactions: RiyaAc

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply. In that case, as there is no way currently that I can continue to study at that institution (BCIT, I was taking a part time course and had to take 3 courses and 9 credits per semester) would it be best to apply for a visitors visa from within Canada, or is there another aproch that may be better that I am not seeing?
Yes in your case you are not even allowed to work because you are a part time student. Just hope that you will get the OWP soon before your permit is expired. As I saw that often people got their OWP after 3,4 months of PR application received. However, put it in your mind that the PR process can take a long period (over 12 months process).

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
Yes in your case you are not even allowed to work because you are a part time student. Just hope that you will get the OWP soon before your permit is expired. As I saw that often people got their OWP after 3,4 months of PR application received. However, put it in your mind that the PR process can take a long period (over 12 months process).
I see, as it stands I am not working or studying. Doing some volunteer work and planning our move to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. I let my job the same day I stopped studying as I knew I was not able to continue working while no longer studying. As it stands, my study permit on expires in November of this year, so I would be able to hold out until I get the OWP if I was under the implied status of that study permit.

So bottom line seems to be, and please correct me if I am wrong here. I stopped studying and 90 days after that my current study permit, and therefor, my status will be canceled unless I attempt to change it to a visitors visa. Correct?

If that is indeed the case, how long generally would an Inland visitors visa take to process (I am from South Africa) if you have any idea. Also, how long are they generally valid for? If I got one, would it last the 3 or so months I may need for the permit to arrive? Also, one I actually get the OWP, then my status changes to that of worker and not visitor correct?

Sorry for the spam of questions, just been a bit confused on these subjects.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
When OWPs are returned back to the applicant due to applicant fault it goes to the back of the queue and you start the process all over again.
Thanks for reminding me this, as I said I have read a lot of comments like yours. But the agent that I spoke to didnt attest to this. It turned out she was wrong and that cic agents does not gave the same answers.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Thank you for sharing kristoph29.

Based on the December applicants who have been approved for the OWP after resubmitting in February and what you have noted above "officers are working with Feb app currently" it looks like they are approving 3 months after re-submission rather then 4 months.
Based on this I would guess you should hear something around June 28. Our OWP 3 month mark is June 27 so I will post here once our status switches to "review of eligibility".

Good Luck
I agree, hope we get approved too soon. Yes do not forget to share when theres a change in your owp status.

Reactions: Kylger

NurseMack

Jul 6, 2018
I have the same situation of being asked for more proofs of cohabitation. My case is a bit complicated as we are on the trip together for the first 7 months. Then, we move in to our house (we purchased it with only my partner's name). I called and explained we had no way to provide the exact documents that they requested. And the person asked us to write a letter of explanation and provide as much evidence as possible. We have provided a lot of proofs already, but i guess they need a letter to teach them how to read all the proofs (as they are not just a piece of bill/ lease)
This is the same sort of issue we are having. We just got a letter today saying final notice for information relating to our cohabitation... we were never apart for more than a month but had to work, each flying back and forth and finally decided for him to stay and not work where I had the better job... after we had been cohabitating for 1 yr we decided to send in the paperwork. I just don’t know what else they want from us we have letters written by our parents and family members ... we had a notarized letter... so many things.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
And how's everyone doing with finding a job? For me it's a little hard since I can only work part-time but I'm staying positive. I decided to volunteer in the meantime at a wildlife rescue and will probably start next week. So for everyone who can't find a job and wants to do something in the meantime, volunteer somewhere ^^.

Hey, i finished my bachelor degree in engineering here in canada. But it took me quite some time to find a good job in my field. Try linkedin, and send your resumes to all the companies u want to get in even there is no position posted. I got my previous job by randomly sent them my resume. Once u started off somewhere, u will be good to go. Let me know if u any help, i will try.

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
AOR Jan 24
Medical passes
OWP received
Background chk started may 15, additional document (police certificate from my home county) required, submitted may 23
Received from IRCC enquiry online today may 29
On my CIC account also shows received additional document

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
When did you received the email asking for police clearance? Did you pass it using webform or you upload it gckey?
Hi there, they asked me on may 15, the day they started processing my background check. They required me to submit using ircc web enquiry form, so i followed exactly what they asked, and they processed pretty quick too.

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Application received jan 24.they asked my police clearance as well when i received my aip last may 7th . I passed mine in webform last may 22th in gckey just said submitted. And i upload yesterday in my gckey account as well. Still submitted

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Application received jan 24.they asked my police clearance as well when i received my aip last may 7th . I passed mine in webform last may 22th in gckey just said submitted. And i upload yesterday in my gckey account as well. Still submitted
Hi, what is aip? And did u submit it twice?

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
As long as u submitted it, ur cic will change status to re
Yes i submitted it twice just to be sure. Approved in principle
Oh, i did not receive approve in principal. Where did u receive that? As long as u submitted it, i m sure they will update ur status to "received" soon. Stay tuned. ;)

Moonmooon

Mar 19, 2019
This is the letter I got from cic. I think the reason they are asking for fingerprint is for criminal record check in Canada: "please conduct a
criminal record check on the applicant based on fingerprints". So they are not really asking for fingerprint. They are actually asking us to go to RCMP to do a criminal check by providing RCMP a fingerprint so they run our record?

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires that applicants for permanent residence and
their family members obtain original police certificates for all countries where they have lived for six
months or longer since the age of 18. The above-mentioned applicant has been residing in
Canada for at least six months.
Upon presentation of this letter, photo identification, and any applicable fees, please conduct a
criminal record check on the applicant based on fingerprints. "
Oh I see! Thank you so much for giving me details. I was worried since I don't think I've ever seen this. I'm also living in Canada for more than 6 months so can expect this too. Thanks again!