**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
My update:

Inland spousal sponsorship application mailed Jan 27, 2019
Application received Jan 31, 2019
AOR March 19, 2019
E-mail confirming that OWP is approved March 28, 2019 (says it will come in the mail in 6 weeks)
OWP received in the mail April 4, 2019.
Medical request April 8, 2019.
Medical exam passed April 9, 2019.
Fingerprints requested May 27, 2019.
Fingerprints submitted May 27, 2019.
I'm around the same timeline:
App received 31st
OWP received in mail April 7th
Med done April 9th
Fingerprints request May 27th, done on the same day.

Do you know why fingerprints are requested? I was a bit surprised because it says that police clearance is only required from countries where applicant has stayed for more than 6 months at the time of submission. Is this normal processing?

Thanks,

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Guys, my app received : Feb 01
My background check started today. But they requested additional documents for proof of cohabitation. We have submitted an affidavit from our landlord stating that my boyfriend and I have lived at our current place since july, which was 7 months at the time of application. However, before that, he lived with me in my previous house and I didn’t add him on the lease but he paid me his share of rent for the place and i gave them interac receipts of that.
I have attached so many documents at this point. I have no idea what else to submit.
Me too Feb 1 but still havent got my back ground check started yet. I hope they don't request additional info as I have provided a lot already. We bought a condo together with my girlfriend (now my wife) and applied 13 months after we moved in.

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Guys, my app received : Feb 01
My background check started today. But they requested additional documents for proof of cohabitation. We have submitted an affidavit from our landlord stating that my boyfriend and I have lived at our current place since july, which was 7 months at the time of application. However, before that, he lived with me in my previous house and I didn’t add him on the lease but he paid me his share of rent for the place and i gave them interac receipts of that.
I have attached so many documents at this point. I have no idea what else to submit.

I have the same situation of being asked for more proofs of cohabitation. My case is a bit complicated as we are on the trip together for the first 7 months. Then, we move in to our house (we purchased it with only my partner's name). I called and explained we had no way to provide the exact documents that they requested. And the person asked us to write a letter of explanation and provide as much evidence as possible. We have provided a lot of proofs already, but i guess they need a letter to teach them how to read all the proofs (as they are not just a piece of bill/ lease)

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I'm around the same timeline:
App received 31st
OWP received in mail April 7th
Med done April 9th
Fingerprints request May 27th, done on the same day.

Do you know why fingerprints are requested? I was a bit surprised because it says that police clearance is only required from countries where applicant has stayed for more than 6 months at the time of submission. Is this normal processing?

Thanks,
same here they are asking to do fingerprint with RCMP

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
So today I called IRCC to make a follow up regarding my OWP. I sent it originally Jan 25th 2019 and after less than 2 months I got the OWP returned to me due to insufficient payment it was dated March 26, sent it back to Edmonton the same day immediately!

It was received March 28th, so then I decided to call IRCC to validate those comments I read online that it will be place at the bottom of the pile. (Nobody likes it and im worried)

So I spoke to the agent, and asked whether I have to wait for another 4 months after it was received in Mar 28. I stand corrected when she told me that it isnt the case since the OWP was sent along with the PR app. Eventhough it was returned, the officer will still work on the original date of submission thats why I got a stamp on my returned form for OWP. --- Received in CPC Missisauga Jan 25

Now its been more than 4 months from my original date of submission Jan 25. So I tried my luck and phoned them. The agent who sounds very cold told me that I have to wait 4 months after March 28. So I answered and clarified what the first agent told me whether was a wrong info, he replied that I should have checked the processing time and the officers are working with the Feb app currently. I replied politely "yes i'd always check and I know the recent update." He said okay so just wait 4 months after the date it was received or maybe 106 days processing time for mail applications.

I rest my case and sigh. just sharing to you guys for those with owp app returned and resent. 2 more months to eat and sleep. Where else in Vancouver I could go? Ive been to the nearby islands (this is sarcasm) good luck to us guys!!

Reactions: Kylger

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
So today I called IRCC to make a follow up regarding my OWP. I sent it originally Jan 25th 2019 and after less than 2 months I got the OWP returned to me due to insufficient payment it was dated March 26, sent it back to Edmonton the same day immediately!

It was received March 28th, so then I decided to call IRCC to validate those comments I read online that it will be place at the bottom of the pile. (Nobody likes it and im worried)

So I spoke to the agent, and asked whether I have to wait for another 4 months after it was received in Mar 28. I stand corrected when she told me that it isnt the case since the OWP was sent along with the PR app. Eventhough it was returned, the officer will still work on the original date of submission thats why I got a stamp on my returned form for OWP. --- Received in CPC Missisauga Jan 25

Now its been more than 4 months from my original date of submission Jan 25. So I tried my luck and phoned them. The agent who sounds very cold told me that I have to wait 4 months after March 28. So I answered and clarified what the first agent told me whether was a wrong info, he replied that I should have checked the processing time and the officers are working with the Feb app currently. I replied politely "yes i'd always check and I know the recent update." He said okay so just wait 4 months after the date it was received or maybe 106 days processing time for mail applications.

I rest my case and sigh. just sharing to you guys for those with owp app returned and resent. 2 more months to eat and sleep. Where else in Vancouver I could go? Ive been to the nearby islands (this is sarcasm) good luck to us guys!!
same situation here but luckily my post graduate work permit is good for another 10 months :)

Reactions: kristoph29

Moonmooon

Mar 19, 2019
My update:

Inland spousal sponsorship application mailed Jan 27, 2019
Application received Jan 31, 2019
AOR March 19, 2019
E-mail confirming that OWP is approved March 28, 2019 (says it will come in the mail in 6 weeks)
OWP received in the mail April 4, 2019.
Medical request April 8, 2019.
Medical exam passed April 9, 2019.
Fingerprints requested May 27, 2019.
Fingerprints submitted May 27, 2019.

You are an inland applicant but still they asked you to submit fingerprints? I thought that is only for outland applicants! Your timeline is similar with mine and my background check started but didn't get any answer. So I'm curious what's gonna come next.
Since I heard biometrics are only available outside of Canada for now, I'm worried how I will conduct it if I get requested.

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
Inland Spousal Sponsorship and OWP application mailed out on January 11. Application received on January 16.
Form received for correction of missing signature on February 20th. Signed and mailed back February 22nd.
Application received and in process March 7th.
Medical request March 19th.
Medical passed April 12.
No word on OWP as of yet.

Advice needed. I am on a student visa, but due to financial and school corse schedule issues, I have not been able to attend school since March 28 (60 days ago as of today). I was hoping to get the OWP soon so I can start working and not be considered a student here. My question is, I know that I have 90 days from when I cease studying to change my status. Would it be better to apply for a visitors visa inside Canada now and wait for the work permit, or am I under implied status and can simply wait for the OWP instead.

Any help in this matter would be greatly helpful!

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Inland Spousal Sponsorship and OWP application mailed out on January 11. Application received on January 16.
Form received for correction of missing signature on February 20th. Signed and mailed back February 22nd.
Medical passed April 12.

Advice needed. I am on a student visa, but due to financial and school corse schedule issues, I have not been able to attend school since March 28 (60 days ago as of today). I was hoping to get the OWP soon so I can start working and not be considered a student here. My question is, I know that I have 90 days from when I cease studying to change my status. Would it be better to apply for a visitors visa inside Canada now and wait for the work permit, or am I under implied status and can simply wait for the OWP instead.

I was on a student visa too. It actually expires on July 31, 2019.
I applied on January 27 for my PR + OWP.
And I continued working with my company. I quit my program before the last semester.
You don’t need to apply for a visitor visa because you’re on an implied status the day you put your application in.

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
You are an inland applicant but still they asked you to submit fingerprints? I thought that is only for outland applicants! Your timeline is similar with mine and my background check started but didn't get any answer. So I'm curious what's gonna come next.
Since I heard biometrics are only available outside of Canada for now, I'm worried how I will conduct it if I get requested.
This is the letter I got from cic. I think the reason they are asking for fingerprint is for criminal record check in Canada: "please conduct a
criminal record check on the applicant based on fingerprints". So they are not really asking for fingerprint. They are actually asking us to go to RCMP to do a criminal check by providing RCMP a fingerprint so they run our record?

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires that applicants for permanent residence and
their family members obtain original police certificates for all countries where they have lived for six
months or longer since the age of 18. The above-mentioned applicant has been residing in
Canada for at least six months.
Upon presentation of this letter, photo identification, and any applicable fees, please conduct a
criminal record check on the applicant based on fingerprints. "

Kylger

Apr 29, 2019

Thank you for sharing kristoph29.

Based on the December applicants who have been approved for the OWP after resubmitting in February and what you have noted above "officers are working with Feb app currently" it looks like they are approving 3 months after re-submission rather then 4 months.
Based on this I would guess you should hear something around June 28. Our OWP 3 month mark is June 27 so I will post here once our status switches to "review of eligibility".

Good Luck

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

When OWPs are returned back to the applicant due to applicant fault it goes to the back of the queue and you start the process all over again.

Reactions: Kylger

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Medical passed April 12.

If you stop study more than 90 days without valid reason, you can be kicked out of the country. Besides, the school will not decrease your school fee until you get the PR, so even though you waiting for the OWP, it will not help. In order to have implied status, you have to maintain a valid status like study permit, work permit, etc. if they kick you out before you obtain the OWP, you will not have an implied status and it can cause some problem for your pr status

digbysa

Jan 9, 2019
If you stop study more than 90 days without valid reason, you can be kicked out of the country. Besides, the school will not decrease your school fee until you get the PR, so even though you waiting for the OWP, it will not help. In order to have implied status, you have to maintain a valid status like study permit, work permit, etc. if they kick you out before you obtain the OWP, you will not have an implied status and it can cause some problem for your pr status
Thanks for the quick reply. In that case, as there is no way currently that I can continue to study at that institution (BCIT, I was taking a part time course and had to take 3 courses and 9 credits per semester) would it be best to apply for a visitors visa from within Canada, or is there another aproch that may be better that I am not seeing?