**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hey Kristoph29,

Yes one income is hard, we are in the same situation. We do not have plans to call yet. We will continue to watch the forums and keep a record of when applicants get approval after they have resubmitted due to insufficient payment. Once we hear that Early January applicants are getting their approval then we will hope ours will not be long behind. Keep in mind there was the Christmas break so we might have a week or two earlier then expected. But we will see what the next month brings.
Thank you I will try to make a ff up call. Last time when I phoned them, i was told they are always trying their best to finish apps as early as possible and consider the original submission date because of the Pr app regardless if its resubmitted, or previously returned to me. Lets see!

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
I have a question about getting criminal record at my home country. My country requires me to send finger print, which they mention in the website i should go to police to do that. They need the finger print plus the name and rank of the officer.

I am in ottawa ontario. I have searched a lot of info but still don't know where i should go. do you guys have any advice or experience?

thanks!
Can you get your finger print from the embassy since ur in ottawa? Like Chinese, they can get their finger print at the embassy. It varies from countries.

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Can you get your finger print from the embassy since ur in ottawa? Like Chinese, they can get their finger print at the embassy. It varies from countries.
Thanks Shelliswhite for the suggestion! I finally went to the a police office and ask for some details. They said only the accredited finger-printing company can help with this. So that's why I went there. I got the fingerprint there and they gave me a hard copy with the stamp and the details of the person that helped to take the fingerprints. What I have to do next is to send this document back to my home country and submit the application of police check locally there.

For those who have the same situation, this is the company across canada that can provide the service: https://canada.morpho.com/find-office

Hope everyone's process is going well!

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Hey guys!
Jan 25 applicant

They started processing background check on May 17th. They also sent a message stating there was a discrepancy in my Schedule A and requested an updated one. Updated schedule A was sent via webform. I recieved a confirmation email today that my webform document was received by IRCC.
Waiting for the next step!
Start work on Monday!

Reactions: Esmee178

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
And how's everyone doing with finding a job? For me it's a little hard since I can only work part-time but I'm staying positive. I decided to volunteer in the meantime at a wildlife rescue and will probably start next week. So for everyone who can't find a job and wants to do something in the meantime, volunteer somewhere ^^.

Reactions: gants888

Wemc

Mar 21, 2019
And how's everyone doing with finding a job? For me it's a little hard since I can only work part-time but I'm staying positive. I decided to volunteer in the meantime at a wildlife rescue and will probably start next week. So for everyone who can't find a job and wants to do something in the meantime, volunteer somewhere ^^.
I got pretty lucky. I started throwing my resume around as soon as my OWP was approved. Had a call a couple of days later for an interview the next day, and was hired the following week. It's a job pretty close to my field with room to grow in the future. I consider myself fortunate, but I also didn't have a ton of certifications or licenses to move here like some people. (I opted to not move my medical credentials since I didn't work as a medic full time.) I had a 10 year tenure at my last job and a gleaming recommendation letter that I tacked onto my resume, so I set myself up for success from the start. I hope everyone else is as fortunate as I was. Not working while waiting for my OWP was agonizing

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
A little hard for me as well. I kept sending out resumes and had one interview so far. I guess it is because of my profession and qualification which makes it a bit hard. I worked in the marketing and promotion field (which a lot of jobs require Bilingual here) and I held a master's degree (which when I applied for a entry level/ junior grade, employers may find me over-qualified). I also start looking for a part-time job as well. Hope something will come up soon. If not, don't give up everybody! Just enjoy the time in Canada!

BTW, volunteering also helps to fill up my time table too. I am volunteering two or three times a week in a non-profit making organization. It is good to build resume and get to know more people!

Reactions: Esmee178

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
Hi everyone
I got a massage from CIC, asking for my birth certificate and police report.
In my application my background status is on review.

I had a police certificate while I was back home ,perior coming to Canada.it is true translate and copy from 4years ago.
Shall I go back to get new one?
In my application I put my birth certificate why they are asking to upload my birth certificate?

Reactions: Pooriak

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six
months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. In order to continue processing your application, a police certificate is required from the country in which you have spent the majority of your adult life (since the age of 18). Please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police- certificates/how/html or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate. Please send a scan/copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by: 2019/06/27
> Birth registration/certificate: Please submit a Birth Certificate or Registration document for yourself which indicates the names of both parents. IMPORTANT: If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version. To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy. Neither you nor your family members may translate or certify copies of your documents. This must be received at this office by: 2019/06/27

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out with something.

As I mentioned previously, I was requested to send additional evidence of cohabitation, as I am applying for common-law sponsorship. Since the enquiry page on the IRCC website only allows you to upload up to 3.5 MB in files, I had to submit eight separate enquiries in order to upload all the documents that I gathered as additional proof. However, I only got a confirmation e-mail for the first enquiry, which contains 17 documents and they're all under my partner's name.

I've been calling their toll-free phone number incessantly to no avail. They always play a voice recording saying that I cannot speak to an agent because they are experiencing a high volume of calls.

I tried submitting another enquiry explaining the situation and asking how to submit other documents as well but haven't had a response since.

Do you guys happen to know an efficient way that I can reach out to them?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: RiyaAc

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
A little hard for me as well. I kept sending out resumes and had one interview so far. I guess it is because of my profession and qualification which makes it a bit hard. I worked in the marketing and promotion field (which a lot of jobs require Bilingual here) and I held a master's degree (which when I applied for a entry level/ junior grade, employers may find me over-qualified). I also start looking for a part-time job as well. Hope something will come up soon. If not, don't give up everybody! Just enjoy the time in Canada!

BTW, volunteering also helps to fill up my time table too. I am volunteering two or three times a week in a non-profit making organization. It is good to build resume and get to know more people!
Don't give up indeed! Everything will be fine in the end :D

And awesome that you're also volunteering!

Reactions: gants888

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out with something.

As I mentioned previously, I was requested to send additional evidence of cohabitation, as I am applying for common-law sponsorship. Since the enquiry page on the IRCC website only allows you to upload up to 3.5 MB in files, I had to submit eight separate enquiries in order to upload all the documents that I gathered as additional proof. However, I only got a confirmation e-mail for the first enquiry, which contains 17 documents and they're all under my partner's name.

I've been calling their toll-free phone number incessantly to no avail. They always play a voice recording saying that I cannot speak to an agent because they are experiencing a high volume of calls.

I tried submitting another enquiry explaining the situation and asking how to submit other documents as well but haven't had a response since.

Do you guys happen to know an efficient way that I can reach out to them?

Thanks in advance!
I remember trying to call them at different times during the day and did get through eventually but it always said 28 min wait time. Around 10 am and 1pm and it was like 50/50 chance. Maybe try to call when they just open in the early morning and keep in mind there might be a time difference.

Reactions: cmvalle

Silver_Fox

Mar 30, 2019
My update:

Inland spousal sponsorship application mailed Jan 27, 2019
Application received Jan 31, 2019
AOR March 19, 2019
E-mail confirming that OWP is approved March 28, 2019 (says it will come in the mail in 6 weeks)
OWP received in the mail April 4, 2019.
Medical request April 8, 2019.
Medical exam passed April 9, 2019.
Fingerprints requested May 27, 2019.
Fingerprints submitted May 27, 2019.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Guys, my app received : Feb 01
My background check started today. But they requested additional documents for proof of cohabitation. We have submitted an affidavit from our landlord stating that my boyfriend and I have lived at our current place since july, which was 7 months at the time of application. However, before that, he lived with me in my previous house and I didn’t add him on the lease but he paid me his share of rent for the place and i gave them interac receipts of that.
I have attached so many documents at this point. I have no idea what else to submit.