+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys,
I m May 2019 Applicant.
I have quick question for you guys my agent told me that once my wife get her finger print request she has to get that done outside of canada. We are indian citizen. How true is this??
Inland applicants are exempt from biometrics.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Good to hear that. Thanks
May want to consider firing your rep if they are telling you your partner needs biometrics. The amount of misinformation given out sometimes blows my mind!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

Reactions: suga

akhil923

Dec 7, 2018
May want to consider firing your rep if they are telling you your partner needs biometrics. The amount of misinformation given out sometimes blows my mind!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.

• permanent residence
LOL I will send this link to him right away. Thanks again for the info. Guy is IRCC certified lol

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
LOL I will send this link to him right away. Thanks again for the info. Guy is IRCC certified lol
There are so many of them that give out misinformation, it's insane and drives me nuts. Imagine if you had booked travel outside of Canada to get biometrics done if you hadn't asked here! Good luck.

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
OWP gives you valid status in Canada. You do not need to apply to extend as a visitor while the OWP is still valid - which it should be for two years. Does that answer your question?
Thank you so much.. this is a relief, yet I have read on this forum that one shouldn't take the risk of travelling outside Canada until PR gets approved so not planning any travel.PR app is in the background check status.

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Thank you so much.. this is a relief, yet I have read on this forum that one shouldn't take the risk of travelling outside Canada until PR gets approved so not planning any travel.PR app is in the background check status.
I don’t know if that helps but I’ve already left Canada to go to the US at least 5 times since I got my OWP.

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Have you encountered any problems coming back to Canada? What did they ask if I may ask ?
Not at all. Usually I just go to the P.O. Box I have in the States in order to pick up stuff I bought, so they ask me what I do for a living, where I live and how much what I’m bringing back is worth.

Reactions: K3nda

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Are there any other Australians applying Jan 2019? I received a message from CIC today requesting a vicroads full road history report? My husband hasn't lived in Victoria for over 7 years and can't remember his old license number etc as he moved back to New South Wales before coming to Canada and now currently has an Ontario license. Does anyone know how to go about this?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Are there any other Australians applying Jan 2019? I received a message from CIC today requesting a vicroads full road history report? My husband hasn't lived in Victoria for over 7 years and can't remember his old license number etc as he moved back to New South Wales before coming to Canada and now currently has an Ontario license. Does anyone know how to go about this?
Have a look at these links:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/ (search for document called Records Search)

I am not sure if there's a way to request it without the licence number. Maybe have a look at old insurance documents, it may be on there?

Reactions: canaussie3014

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019

Mcosta

Feb 15, 2019
Have you encountered any problems coming back to Canada? What did they ask if I may ask ?
I went to USA last month after I got my WP , when I came back to Canada I just showed my WP e passport and they didn’t ask nothing ! I was with my husband that is Canadian

Reactions: K3nda

ilk_

Jan 26, 2019
We are Jan 25th applicant . We just got this message about additional info about Military Service. Does that mean our background check sort of started ?

1. We sent XXXX correspondence on May 21, 2019. If XXXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXXXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.