+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Yes for some reason they did not accept the marriage certificate, also they wanted a police certificate.
I wasnt really satisfied with the reasons
But I Guess thats what they want
I can totally understand that you're not satisfied with the reasons. It would've been nice if they just asked for the documents. I have a Canadian marriage certificate and sent 2 different copies (legalised and normal one) of those, not sure if I had to but better safe than sorry. And I sent my police certificate up front but many didn't. Do you have any idea what to send now? Hopefully the police certificate won't be a long process for you.

Reactions: LightRose

Moonmooon

Mar 19, 2019
Hey guys! I just checked my gckey account and my OWP application says "Application/Profile Updated". However, i haven't received any messages in my account and it still says "we're processing your application" when I click on detailed information. Everything else was the same before except now it says "Application/Profile Updated" instead of "Submitted"
Has this happened to any of you guys?
It happened to me yesterday and today. It changed into "application/profile updated" and then changed back to "Submitted" yesterday. And today it just stayed at "Submitted" in the whole morning and back to "App/Profile Updated" and I clicked my app, checked the details, it said final decision was made and my OWP was approved! But still I didn't get any messages or emails

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
It happened to me yesterday and today. It changed into "application/profile updated" and then changed back to "Submitted" yesterday. And today it just stayed at "Submitted" in the whole morning and back to "App/Profile Updated" and I clicked my app, checked the details, it said final decision was made and my OWP was approved! But still I didn't get any messages or emails
Same here! It got approved after that. I got the email today, a day after it got approved. :)

LightRose

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ottawa ontario
Why didnt they accept your marriage certificate? Was it not translated properly? Also police certificate wasnt one of your country specific requirements?
No it was well translated, the only option i have now to get a letter from the embassy
And no the police certificate wasnt required, until request.. I guess now is the request after they sent everything back and im back to step1 after a full 2 Months wait:(

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Same here! It got approved after that. I got the email today, a day after it got approved. :)
I checked the account this morning and know it is approved. But the email came only at around 5:30pm saying there is a profile update! Then there is a second email saying i have got a message in the account. There's a correspondence letter attahed in the message saying the physical work permit letter is coming to my home. It is so funny that there is a time difference!

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Thanks guys for all your responses. Hopefully my OWP would have a positive decision in a couple days.
And I hope they try and figure out ways to fix the glitches in their system lol! It confuses and freaks us out!

Reactions: xan and mrowkamb16

mrowkamb16

Feb 12, 2019
I had same situation yesterday, strange I don't know why they changed status

Reactions: Moonmooon