+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Checked just now....OWP is approved today, expiry 2020 Jun! :)
I didn't receive any MR....isn't it a bit strange?!
I just saw when I checked the list! Congrats! I wouldn't worry about your medical since there are so many without MR yet but I'm really wondering how it works with the work permits. Mine is valid for exactly 2 years.

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I just saw when I checked the list! Congrats! I wouldn't worry about your medical since there are so many without MR yet but I'm really wondering how it works with the work permits. Mine is valid for exactly 2 years.
That's strange! Mine is valid only 1 year, till 2020 Jun! (May be it is because of my passport as well - my passport will be expiring in 2020)
But that's alright - at least we may be able to get the new of PR application by then.

Reactions: mrowkamb16

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
That's strange! Mine is valid only 1 year, till 2020 Jun! (May be it is because of my passport as well - my passport will be expiring in 2020)
But that's alright - at least we may be able to get the new of PR application by then.
Oooh that's probably the reason. Makes sense! And 1 year should be enough :D

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Yes, it's because of your passport expiry. The OWP is good for 2 years or until passport expiry, whichever comes first.

For MR, it's for the PR application, so it's normal that you would get the OWP approval without it!

Reactions: mrowkamb16

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi all,

My passport is expiring in a year - does that mean my OWP may be valid for less than a year? Would this affect PR processing?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,

My passport is expiring in a year - does that mean my OWP may be valid for less than a year? Would this affect PR processing?
Your OWP will be valid until the expiry date of your passport if that date is sooner than 2 years

You need to have a valid passport at your landing interview. Other than that, it won't affect the process.

Rekhapatel

Feb 15, 2019
I received my AOR on 6th, link my pr and received an email for medical on 18th, did my MR on 26th.

I haven't been able to link my OWP using the PA UCI and passport, neither do I see the status on online services page nor have I got the app back. Im so worried what may have happened? are they waiting for my MR of OWP??? Can anyone help on this please.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Linking tips for anyone struggling

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.